GaF

Paradise PL MTT League - September  

1. 1.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September

Hopefully I will be able to play in this Wednesday's tournament. However, could someone PM me the password and let me know how to find the tournament ID on Paradise Poker site as I can find nothing listed under private tournaments. I have posted this here as I don't appear to be able to send PM's. Many Thanks
I can't find it too, I guess it's not available again for the other version..Maybe it's announced at the day of the tourney though I don't know..:cry

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Can't play tonight in this... :sad Just migrated away from Tiscali, at last, and joined Sky. Phone-line connected but some fekker has lost me router and my old modem ain't working! They tell me I can't use this or any non-Sky router anyway, although the guy I spoke with sounded like it was his first day! So no poker for me for the forsee-able future! I just knew this would happen... having problems logging into games anyway since getting a new PC so this just adds to the joy. Roll on next week! Good luck to those able to play! :eyes

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September I'm gonna send a mail to paradise about the two versions problem if it's ok with the admins.. (maybe they already did or it's better if the admins send the mail etc.). I don't think they'll do anything about it according to my experiences, but maybe we can get it working for the next month..

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Well I've just logged on Paradise, transfered funds across...transfer failed try again...now my funds have disappeared and can't log onto sporting bet. Will try later, just not in the mood to contact them as been gardening all day and knackered now. ...must have just been a temporary glitch....now in OK.

I will speak with my contact and try and get it on both versions next month :ok (as well as looking for a deeper structure - assuming that's what people want....)
I think we've got the mix right at the moment :- A- Deep stack on a Monday for those that like to play poker at midnight(sit-outs last over two hours) B - 1500 chips on a Wednesday for those that like to get on with it!:ok I've enjoyed the Wednesday games for the past couple of years and would hate to see any changes! (well, maybe chuck the sit-outs out at the 1st break) Good luck all tonight! TQM

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Anyone having trouble logging on to their sporting odds Paradise Poker account should uninstall their paradise software and try this link : Link not working - so put it as an attachment, but cannot attach HTML files, so had to change the extension to txt - you need to download the file, change .txt to .htm and then open in your browser - you will have a button that leads you to the download :ok One word of caution - it might resolve your Sporting Odds Paradise problem, but there is a chance you wont be able to login to your "genuine" paradise account afterwards.... From what I can understand - there are two versions of the software and if you login with an account from the other version, then it is supposed to shut down, switch versions and reopen - it looks like the switch from "Genuine" Paradise to Sporting Odds Paradise is failing....

conv_398.txt

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September It was one of those nights (although first I've had for a long time !) where the cards played themselves. Seemed to hit everything right from the off until I started to overplay small pairs thinking I was invincible - with predictable results. Then the cards came back on my side - beating AA twice in fairly quick succession with KTd and QQ (sorry guys) - and then regular pocket pairs. Second in the end when TT beaten by 89 but a deserved win Gazza - well played (and wp to all in the money). :clap:clap

Guest gazza271

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Thanks mate, the way I looked at it was that it was about 1/6th of my stack on an open end straight draw whilst HU. Sure the purists will disect the play but thought it the right call at the time, sorry bud. Seemed to take an age for people to get knocked out and again shows just how strong the PL league games are, well played all :clap:clap

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Well done all in the money tonight!

I think we've got the mix right at the moment :- A- Deep stack on a Monday for those that like to play poker at midnight(sit-outs last over two hours) B - 1500 chips on a Wednesday for those that like to get on with it!:ok I've enjoyed the Wednesday games for the past couple of years and would hate to see any changes! (well, maybe chuck the sit-outs out at the 1st break) Good luck all tonight! TQM
I prefer deep stack games, but I think TQM makes a good point: it's good to have a variety of structures. I'd be happy for the Paradise league to stay as it is, so long as we have regular deep stack games as well.

Only 1 Virgin Deep Stack game left (not on a Monday) - no plans for a repeat next month. The Wednesday night games always used to be deeper stacked/slower blinds than they are at the moment - but this got lost somewhere along the way with all the changes in personnel at Paradise - I prefer a deeper stacked game because it's something different for the league (and more skill based/less of a crapshoot) than 90% of online games

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Thanks Mr V. Can't believe I'm 2nd, everyone must be struggling for consistency this month. As ever, a very enjoyable game and well played to all on the final table and in the money. I had a good run of hands to get me back in it from way shortstack. Enjoyed the game of wits with slapdash and felt happy with my play, although in defeat, in the heads up. You can just feel all those eyes watching. :loon Very well played to goater. :clap

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Well done to all who cashed.:clap Finally made a final table in a PL tournament and even managed to finish 5th place for some winnings...Must say the paradise league tournaments are quite tough....Gives me a outside chance for breaking into the top 10 end of month league table:loon