Paradise PL MTT League - September

GaF

Paradise PL MTT League - September  

1. 1.

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Not guilty, your honour! I wasn't on that table, as I would have also disowned ever wearing any apparel from those 2 foppish 80's bands, but I would have stated - WITH PRIDE - that I still have my Tetley Pub Hunt '84 T-shirt in its wrapper :beer

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Hope you like your Prime British Beef Avongirl!

Today, 17:22 #61
AvonGirl Hawk-Eye ball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifavatar9356_4.gif Join Date: 20 Mar 2006 Location: downstairs Age: 45 Posts: 2,031 icon1.gif Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpe1ne viewpost.gif Also how could the rest of the table not own up to owning either a Frankie Says Do It T Shirt or even a Tears for Fear's,Rule(or run) The World shirt:lol
I've got a Run the World T shirt. :ok I think I was probably sat out on the table at the time so does it count? __________________ http://pl-avongirl.blogspot.com/

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September

GaF' date=' it has to be said that you were hugely tolerant last night when your AA got cracked by my KK with another King on the flop - no rant, no expletives - did you just go and kick the dog?[/quote'] "That's Poker" mate :ok Seriously - it doesn't bother me - that's the game - if you cant deal with it, give up now!! :tongue2 Something similar happens to me (and everyone else who plays poker) every day ... it's not abnormal.... Interesting table on page 53 of this months Inside Poker mag, which sums it up for me (I will reproduce it when I get the chance ;) )

"That's Poker" mate :ok Seriously - it doesn't bother me - that's the game - if you cant deal with it' date= give up now!! :tongue2 Something similar happens to me (and everyone else who plays poker) every day ... it's not abnormal.... Interesting table on page 53 of this months Inside Poker mag, which sums it up for me (I will reproduce it when I get the chance ;) )
I disagree, i couldn't deal with them - so i improved my game to minimise the chances of getting a bad beat so now they're a lot easier to deal with for me. So i'd say if you can't deal with it, don't give up - try and improve your game first and then if you still can't deal with it then give up ;) And also Gaf rants show passion for the game ;)

And also Gaf rants show passion for the game ;)
Is passion good? I would argue that would lead you towards making emotional decisions - emotional decisions are often mistakes. And the better you play, the more you will get outdrawn - if you never suffer a bad beat, then you're not playing well ;)

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Well i've got to admit that last night i used the most foul and abusive swear word when i was knocked out by Gaf,now usually i would have said Arse or Feck ,but in my madness i dropped to the lowest of the low by saying........ Gillingham;)

Is passion good? I would argue that would lead you towards making emotional decisions - emotional decisions are often mistakes. And the better you play, the more you will get outdrawn - if you never suffer a bad beat, then you're not playing well ;)
Of course passions good, it's good for everything we do in life - it makes us strive to improve. If i didn't have the passion for the game then i'd never have improved past posting bad beats stories every day. Instead the passion has been channeled through learning so much about the game in the last couple of months to improve. Passion without thought is a bad thing as bad decisions are made during a game, but passion ignites the creativity spark in everyone who wants to improve at anything imo. And i agree with the second point Gaf about bad beats, but there are a shed load of things i've done to shrink my chances of recieving a bad beat, which is what i said, not that i don't get them anymore (because believe me i do! :@) ;) Anyway, i can't believe it's a 10c buy in tourney....... :unsure

Well i was disgusted with the basic schoolboy errors that went on on our table and for me if it doesn't pick up then i won't be playing ever again. Runadrum being the worst offender.:@ I mean how can you not know the next line to Twist and Shout but oh no instead Run thought we were singing along to Tears For Fear's,Shout. Also how could the rest of the table not own up to owning either a Frankie Says Do It T Shirt or even a Tears for Fear's,Rule(or run) The World shirt:lol Damn good fun as per usual:ok
:lol ok time for my defence I had just joined the table and saw the word 'twist' and just thought "the poor boy thinks we're playing blackjack". I then saw the word 'shout' and word association football took over and I immediately thought Tears for Fears. My pride in knowing song lyrics (except anything modern !) shot to pieces all because I didn't see the word 'and' ! .......... My two-penneth re the rants debate: I don't object to anyone calling with anything including an Ace or pocket pairs regardless of strength. If my pp is beaten by a single Ace or a lesser pair I think you have to accept it as part of the game * but it doesn't stop me hitting the keyboard with some venom when typing nh. and you should see the language I use when writing up their player notes ! * please do not read my latest blog entry :ok

Re: Paradise PL MTT League - September Hopefully I will be able to play in this Wednesday's tournament. However, could someone PM me the password and let me know how to find the tournament ID on Paradise Poker site as I can find nothing listed under private tournaments. I have posted this here as I don't appear to be able to send PM's. Many Thanks