** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PDC World Darts Championship

amity

12 minutes ago, Torque said:

I've always thought it's ridiculous that you can, in effect, win by just holding your throws if you're throwing first. The equivalent in tennis would be set winner being the first to get to six games - if they tried to implement that in tennis there'd be riots. It's completely unfair and means that your destiny is influenced far too much by luck. Throwing first is an advantage and so is serving first and for that to be decided the way it is is plain wrong.

100%.

Round 2 onwards you have to win by two. It's really harsh that players in Round 1 do not get the same respect. A win could be life changing and they could perform and lose it based on a throw at the Bull. 

4 hours ago, Torque said:

Nothing jumped out at me in the Mansell match, but I'm going to have a bet in each of the remaining afternoon matches. I'm starting with Woodhouse to win 3-1 at 3.75. Van Peer should be good for a set based on how he's played this season, but I don't think he'll get more than that. Then I'm backing De Decker to win and hit the highest checkout at 2.75. He should win and then it's just a question of the checkouts and he hits enough high ones to make me think this is worth taking. Finally I'll take a chance on Cross to hit 2 or more 100+ checkouts at 3.25. The consensus seems to be that it'll be an easy win for Cross, but I'm not so sure and if it's not straightforward that'll help this bet. All bets with 365. BOL all.

1 out of 3. The last one. I'd have been better off just following you @Fader 

1 hour ago, Torque said:

Just a couple of 180 bets at 365 for me this evening - Clemens over 6.5 180's at 4.50 and Heta over 6.5 180's at 4.00. I don't expect either player to win without dropping at least a set so that should give these lines a chance of landing.

agree with these. Especially the first. i think we'll see a good display from Clemens. I hope the asian guy turns up with his scoring so that it's a real battle but either way, Clemens is a big 180 hitter and it has every chance

7/1 to 10/1 and currently the 4th favourite, after MVG, Price and Humphries. Ridiculous. That last match told me that he isn't making the latter stages. He may beat Campbel and maybe even go one step further but I do believe that Price or Anderson beats him. Anderson having less chance than Littler to win the title is abit silly.

2 hours ago, Fader said:

agree with these. Especially the first. i think we'll see a good display from Clemens. I hope the asian guy turns up with his scoring so that it's a real battle but either way, Clemens is a big 180 hitter and it has every chance

Not even close unfortunately - even with it going to four sets.

4 hours ago, Torque said:

Just a couple of 180 bets at 365 for me this evening - Clemens over 6.5 180's at 4.50 and Heta over 6.5 180's at 4.00. I don't expect either player to win without dropping at least a set so that should give these lines a chance of landing.

Heta does the business with a 7th 180 in the final leg of the match. Ensures a decent bit of profit this evening after a tiny profit this afternoon.

4 hours ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Scott Williams +1,5 sets at 1,98.

Scott Williams wins the match too.

Tomorrow, the Schindler-Wattimena match seems a bit similar to this one... a not too reliable seed against a player who already had a decent performance here. 

I would gladly oppose De Sousa, but maybe not with De Graaf. Same with Ratajski/Hughes.

Dolan and VDB look unbackable to me as well. 

The strangest odds would be Krcmar now being a heavy favorite against DVD... maybe not so strange in the light of DVD's results, I would leave this match alone, as we don't know which version of DVD turns up.

So my strongest lean is Wattimena, +1,5 or a straight win.

I think De Sousa is vulnerable today. He hasn't been with it for a while now and to be honest, whilst unlikely, if De Graaf repeated the performance against Edhouse, that would probably win this match. In my opinion, a 92-95 average would win it. We haven't seen the 180s of old from De Sousa which means the 9/1 is also something I'll gamble on. De Graaf hit 5 180s in his win over Edhouse.

DVD is another one that isn't hitting the 180s nearly as much. He has an excuse though with the shoulder blade issue. That means that the win with the most 180s is another one worth my gamble on. If it is as bad as people say, Krcmar should win this one. We'll see.

2.5pts De Graaf to beat De Sousa 11/5 Bet365
2pts Krcmar to beat DVD and have the most 180s 7/4 Bet365
0.5pts De Graaf to beat De Sousa and hit most 180s 9/1 Bet365
-------------------------------------------------------------
1pt afternoon 4-fold - Dolan, Ratajski (-1.5 handicap), De Graaf (+1.5 handicap), Krcmar 7.5/1 Bet365

Dolan 'throws away' 2 darts to go 2-0 up in the deciding set.

*The first match to go to the tiebreaker. I thought that when the match goes to a tiebreaker, they play on until somebody wins by two. That seems to only happen until 5-5 and then it goes to throw. Whilst that is fairer than not having one, it's still harsh in my opinion*

anyways, glad Dolan got the job done.