** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PDC World Darts Championship

amity

Just now, amity said:

Outstanding debut for the young lad. Lashing in the 180s and his finishing was among the best we've seen so far. His odds have come in to 14/1 in places! Intrigued to see how far he gets though after such a blistering start. 

He has a lovely draw now that Wade has gone. Gilding will slow him down so much though. He will make it a right horrible game. If he beats Gilding then Id fancy him to beat Campbell. I think Wright or Price would take him out but damn, that was the best debut we've seen at the PDC and he's 16.

11 minutes ago, Fader said:

Coral have gone 8/1. So they actually think he has the same chance of winning as the reigning champion, that hit a 9 darter in the final last year. :D 

That's bonkers. Reminds me of Gauff in the tennis at Wimbledon a few years back. On the plus side, there should be plenty of opportunities to oppose him in the rounds to come - his prices will be completely skewed.

4 hours ago, Torque said:

Just the one for me tonight which is in the last match. I did want to support Kist in some way, but there's too many question marks around his fitness. That said, it must be almost unprecedented for someone as young and inexperienced as Littler to be such a strong favourite against a former world champion. I wouldn't put anyone off backing Kist in some way, but as I said I'll be sticking with Wright v Williams and backing 3 or more 100+ checkouts at 3.50 at 365. You've got to think there'll be at least four sets and with Wright as strong as he is at big checkouts he could hit 3 himself.

Never stood a chance with this. Wright was dreadful.

11 hours ago, daveg said:

A side note - but do we think Peter Wright makes the Premier League next season?

It's hard to know really. Id say it's more likely that he is in it. You could guarentee :

Price
Smith
MVG
Humphries

I think if somebody wins this that isn't one of those four then they'll be in it and then you probably have about 6 players aiming for the remaining couple places.

12 hours ago, daveg said:

A side note - but do we think Peter Wright makes the Premier League next season?

He definitely should NOT, but he just might... on merit of his name and antics, LOL.

Yesterday my "short favorites acca" came in, but today, I don't really like the favorites... I just hope Woodhouse and De Decker win (for lottery outright for fun, lol)... Littler is of course a bigger favorite against Gilding now than he was against Kist, no thanks... even the Noppert and Heta matches seem tricky to me. In fact, I'm thinking about backing Scott Williams at the +1,5 handicap at around 2... I don't trust Noppert, and Scott Williams already has a warm-up match nehind him, it could at least be close.

Nothing jumped out at me in the Mansell match, but I'm going to have a bet in each of the remaining afternoon matches. I'm starting with Woodhouse to win 3-1 at 3.75. Van Peer should be good for a set based on how he's played this season, but I don't think he'll get more than that. Then I'm backing De Decker to win and hit the highest checkout at 2.75. He should win and then it's just a question of the checkouts and he hits enough high ones to make me think this is worth taking. Finally I'll take a chance on Cross to hit 2 or more 100+ checkouts at 3.25. The consensus seems to be that it'll be an easy win for Cross, but I'm not so sure and if it's not straightforward that'll help this bet. All bets with 365. BOL all.

29 minutes ago, Fader said:

On a sidenote, no tiebreak in round 1 is an absolute piss take. Nobody should have an advantage in a tournament like this because they hit a bullseye once.

also means i've got to listen to that crappy music when he plays again

I've always thought it's ridiculous that you can, in effect, win by just holding your throws if you're throwing first. The equivalent in tennis would be set winner being the first to get to six games - if they tried to implement that in tennis there'd be riots. It's completely unfair and means that your destiny is influenced far too much by luck. Throwing first is an advantage and so is serving first and for that to be decided the way it is is plain wrong.

Edited by Torque