** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PDC World Darts Championship

amity

27 minutes ago, Fader said:

How on earth is Leung 2 sets to nil down. His scoring is really good. The doubling though :\ 

2 sets down because of unsustainable doubling from Van Veen. Once the doubling from Van Veen dropped off and Leung started to double a bit better, his scoring meant he could mount a comeback. There's hindsight in this statement obviously, but when I looked at this match earlier the first thing I thought of was Barry last year. This is an intimidating stage and if you've not played on it before it can affect your play.

1 minute ago, Torque said:

2 sets down because of unsustainable doubling from Van Veen. Once the doubling from Van Veen dropped off and Leung started to double a bit better, his scoring meant he could mount a comeback. There's hindsight in this statement obviously, but when I looked at this match earlier the first thing I thought of was Barry last year. This is an intimidating stage and if you've not played on it before it can affect your play.

2 sets down because of the terrible doubling from Leung mainly lol.  He missed 12 for the second set alone.

Just now, ThunderDan9 said:

Wow, what a performance!

And that from a 82 season avarage?

Awesome stuff.

exactly. That's the bit i don't get. I suppose it must just have come from nowhere. That match wasn't a choke from Van Veen. Leung's scoring was rdiciulous. His doubling was pretty good too once we got into the third set.

1 minute ago, Fader said:

2 sets down because of the terrible doubling from Leung mainly lol.  He missed 12 for the second set alone.

Yeah second set doubling was particularly bad. But Van Veen was doubling way above an expected level, otherwise even with that second set it would have been a set all after two sets.

2 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Wow, what a performance!

And that from a 82 season avarage?

Awesome stuff.

How many matches does that average come from though. I've no idea but obviously if it's only a few matches and depending on who he played then it doesn't really mean all that much.

6 minutes ago, Torque said:

How many matches does that average come from though. I've no idea but obviously if it's only a few matches and depending on who he played then it doesn't really mean all that much.

well, by the little that I had seen before, that 82 average was the average he had got in the asian tour and over 20 matches, over there. However, he has got some decent averages, too. He got 90 average against Humphries when he lost 6-3 and he's hit upper 90 averages. 

I still think that's most likely a performance of a lifetime. He just kept hitting the treble 20

This will be De Graafs third Worlds. He has gone out first round in both with averages of 89 and 78.5, the last time, back in 2019. Edhouse has won matches here. Not a great deal, but he has hit 90+ averages and I would be suprised to see it go to 5 sets.

2.5pts Edhouse (-1.5 handicap) to beat De Graaf 4/5 Bet365
2pts afternoon 4-fold -  Edhouse -1.5, Goto +2.5, Over 3.5 sets Brown vs Krcmar, Wade -1.5 11/2 Bet365

22 minutes ago, Fader said:

This will be De Graafs third Worlds. He has gone out first round in both with averages of 89 and 78.5, the last time, back in 2019. Edhouse has won matches here. Not a great deal, but he has hit 90+ averages and I would be suprised to see it go to 5 sets.

2.5pts Edhouse (-1.5 handicap) to beat De Graaf 4/5 Bet365
2pts afternoon 4-fold -  Edhouse -1.5, Goto +2.5, Over 3.5 sets Brown vs Krcmar, Wade -1.5 11/2 Bet365

I'm swerving Edhouse. Still remember the collapse against Cameron last year and a repeat wouldn't surprise me. He's not the strongest mentally. Certainly worth considering laying off if he starts well like he did against Cameron.

@Fader Interesting to see Nijman playing tonight. Do you remember he got banned a couple of years ago and he's not played since. Think we talked about it on one of the Modus threads that were up at the time. It'll be interesting to see how he does - if I remember right he did pretty well in those Modus tournaments.

Just now, Torque said:

@Fader Interesting to see Nijman playing tonight. Do you remember he got banned a couple of years ago and he's not played since. Think we talked about it on one of the Modus threads that were up at the time. It'll be interesting to see how he does - if I remember right he did pretty well in those Modus tournaments.

Yeah, I was going to talk bit about him in the evening tips but yeah, I'm really disappointed in the price. He should not be the favourite in that match. I wanted to back him but the price makes it actually better value to lay him. He was really good on his comeback tournament to get here. Beaton has so much experience but Nijman should most certainly overpower him with the scoring. 

4 minutes ago, Fader said:

Yeah, I was going to talk bit about him in the evening tips but yeah, I'm really disappointed in the price. He should not be the favourite in that match. I wanted to back him but the price makes it actually better value to lay him. He was really good on his comeback tournament to get here. Beaton has so much experience but Nijman should most certainly overpower him with the scoring. 

Beaton to win and Nijman most 180's could be a shout.

There's one boost I like in the afternoon session at 365 which is in the Wade-Campbell match and it's 4 or more 100+ checkouts. Wade's ability to take out big scores is the reason he remains near the top of the game as his scoring isn't really good enough. He could take this line on his own if the match goes deep which is possible and there's always the chance Campbell hits one or two himself. The price is 5.00 which seems worth chancing.

5 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Wow, these Asians can really SCORE!

I thought Pietreczko would win 3-0, but... ok, maybe it's only male Asian players, LOL.

Pikachu match is really interesting because the crowd is going to boo him BIG. Can you remember how he dealt with that last time? I would never be on 3-0 for that one, based on that game alone.

2 hours ago, Torque said:

I'm swerving Edhouse. Still remember the collapse against Cameron last year and a repeat wouldn't surprise me. He's not the strongest mentally. Certainly worth considering laying off if he starts well like he did against Cameron.

I didn't expect an exact repeat but it more or less was. Two sets ahead and with the darts in the third - should have won 3-0 just like against Cameron.

Edited by Torque