Above 17/2 162%

The poor run continues but the returns are still good overall

Over 1 goal 27 wins from 104 bets, ROI 61%

Odds up to 9/2 29%

5/1 to 17/2 35%

Above 17/2 127%

14 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

The poor run continues but the returns are still good overall

I'm still running at 31.8% without boost and 56.2% with from the official selections in here and am up £60 to my real money bets. 

One angle that interests me is the anytime goalscorer double in the same game. The logic being that it's a market I tend to do ok in with singles so why not take advantage where I can get two players at a backable price in the same game and the double pays the multiplied odds or better.

I did a quick survey using a couple of Newcastle players last night and there were 3 firms paying better than the multiplied single odds (Hills, 365 and Bet Way) and 6 who payed worse. The worst 3 were 59% (888), 64% (Fred) and 77% (Uni). I've had winners at 16/1 and 10/1 from around 14 attempts so far which is too small a sample to draw anything from but I'll carry on trying it where the opportunities arise. I can also look back over my data to see how it would have performed historically, though that may be a job for the close season.

(Just looked back over this year and it only threw out of 8 instances of 2 players in the same game where both were a qualifying bet. 2 winning doubles would have made for a 15.4 point profit from 8 bets with an ROI of 192.%. Whether best price would be with the same firm is another matter!)

34 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

I assume it's going to be fairly quiet now the season is drawing to a close.

There'll be a few finals etc. but it may well thin out. Whether there'll be any close season Internationals that they'll cover I don't know (U21, Women's World Cup etc.) Certainly nothing today by the look of it.

Just posted this in the EPL thread (along with a couple of MacAllister shot distance bets).

Been pondering it from a Bet Builder angle (365 25% boost offer applies to the game). How about Brighton double chance (win or draw), btts = yes and Brighton >1 goal at 9/4.

Quite fancy the Brighton win angle but will get the draw on side as well, wouldn't want to bet on City not scoring and Brighton might well need (and be capable of) more than 1 to avoid defeat.

Got better elsewhere (5/2 ish) but 9/4 + boost would beat it.

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

Just posted this in the EPL thread (along with a couple of MacAllister shot distance bets).

Been pondering it from a Bet Builder angle (365 25% boost offer applies to the game). How about Brighton double chance (win or draw), btts = yes and Brighton >1 goal at 9/4.

Quite fancy the Brighton win angle but will get the draw on side as well, wouldn't want to bet on City not scoring and Brighton might well need (and be capable of) more than 1 to avoid defeat.

Got better elsewhere (5/2 ish) but 9/4 + boost would beat it.

Your Bet Builder sounds good.  It's a very hard match to work out.  I don't think Brighton will be a walkover for Man City by any means.  

What do you think of the Super Boost for over 0.5 corners in the first 10 minutes?  I could see this happening, Brighton could go full tilt and hope for an early goal.  

7 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

What do you think of the Super Boost for over 0.5 corners in the first 10 minutes?  I could see this happening, Brighton could go full tilt and hope for an early goal.  

Depends on the odds! Spreads pitch it at around 11-12 minutes, probably worth considering at evens or better at a guess. Not a market I’m that familiar with but good chance boost will push it into value territory.

On 5/23/2023 at 3:03 PM, harry_rag said:

One angle that interests me is the anytime goalscorer double in the same game. The logic being that it's a market I tend to do ok in with singles so why not take advantage where I can get two players at a backable price in the same game and the double pays the multiplied odds or better.

Played Gonzalez and Martinez at 12/1 with Hills in the Italian Cup game, using a fiver freebie. Both prices in the fun zone for a couple of players in decent scoring form.

Morris to score, Coventry double chance (win or draw) and <6 goals at 17/2

Morris a value bet at 13/5 for me, Coventry maybe underrated by the markets, goals element more of a makeweight (given the 3 part minimum) but Play Off finals tend towards the unders. 

Hills have all of Gyokeres, Hamer, Morris and Adebayo to have a SoT doubled to 6/1 which looks just big enough for an interest (all bar Adebayo are encouragingly high in the SoT/90 rankings).