** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BET365 25% WINNINGS BOOST ON YOUR BET BUILDER

I'll offer the relatively obvious Arsenal to win, >2 goals and Martinelli to score at 15/4 (4.94 at Hills with the daily boost).

Arsenal 4 games without a win now but no shortage of goals, fancied to have the beating of Chelsea at the moment. Arsenal's form would support the notion of btts = yes but Chelsea's strongly steers towards the >2 goals option. Martinelli as hot as anyone for Arsenal at the moment. Saka, Jesus and Odegaard all have reasoanble claims as well.

Used fiver freebie with Hills on Saka and Martinelli both scoring at 9/1. (Landed in 6 of the 33 games they've both started.)

19 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Martinelli not starting so all selections should be void. Swap him for Saka at 4/1.

Doh, learnt a lesson last night; player stats bets are voided if the player doesn't start (shots/SoT etc.) but goalscorer bets stand as per usual rules so if the player comes on the bet stands. I'll check but I'm pretty sure they don't offer the void if not starting offer on BB's in which case it's a matter of treading cautiously with goalscorer bets prior to confirmed line ups.

Man City v West Ham tonight.

3 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I'll check but I'm pretty sure they don't offer the void if not starting offer on BB's

They do! Could have saved myself a few quid if I'd spotted that (not too much given the stakes allowed). So take the "void" option if including a goalscorer (won't be there for shots as voided automatically).

9 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

They do! Could have saved myself a few quid if I'd spotted that (not too much given the stakes allowed). So take the "void" option if including a goalscorer (won't be there for shots as voided automatically).

:wall Turns out I was essentially right in the first place! The option is only available for single bets, you can't select it for a BB. So if you add a player first you can select the "void" option but if you try and add any other selections it will only allow you to bet singles. If you add the components at the accumulated odds there's no option to choose void.

So shots bets can be placed secure in the knowledge that they'll be voided if the player doesn't start but scorer bets run the risk of standing if the player comes on as a sub.

Got a bet lined up for tonight that is available at over 2/1 but has a 66.66% strike rate so far this season. It's line up dependent though! :)

7 minutes ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

Seem to be knocking it on the head might be losing to much 

Not sure about that, it doesn't seem to be every day anyway and this is a relatively quiet Thursday. Might be a budget of so many a week or so many per month. I think we'll have to wait till next season to see if there's a real change in approach.

Makes no odds to me beyond tending to look at the game that the offer applies to but it's obviously a valuable offer for many. I'm sure they have a clear idea of how much it costs them/makes them in the long run. It's a bit like a drug dealer giving away freebies outside the school gates. One assumes many will get hooked and give plenty of money back. Most won't be like us, pocketing the sample and selling it on to the other kids! :)

If we assume a substantial body of losing customers placing several BBs a day then it's probably no big deal to give them a 25% boost on a few games. Any punters who are closer to break even or profitable will obviously appear in the debit column.

One for tonight for interest and to use the freebie from last night. Channelling the RP preview I've gone for >1 Brighton 2nd half goal and >2 Man U cards in the game at 4/1. (No need for 3 components with the offer not being a factor.)

Brighton to score in the second half is the fancy, twice is pushing it but happy with the risk/reward reflected in the odds.

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Not sure about that, it doesn't seem to be every day anyway and this is a relatively quiet Thursday. Might be a budget of so many a week or so many per month. I think we'll have to wait till next season to see if there's a real change in approach.

Makes no odds to me beyond tending to look at the game that the offer applies to but it's obviously a valuable offer for many. I'm sure they have a clear idea of how much it costs them/makes them in the long run. It's a bit like a drug dealer giving away freebies outside the school gates. One assumes many will get hooked and give plenty of money back. Most won't be like us, pocketing the sample and selling it on to the other kids! :)

If we assume a substantial body of losing customers placing several BBs a day then it's probably no big deal to give them a 25% boost on a few games. Any punters who are closer to break even or profitable will obviously appear in the debit column.

I also think a lot of punters will look at the Boost button and think the offer has already been applied, rather than clicking it.  It's very sneaky and very clever how Bet365 have designed it.  I wonder what % of punters are actually pressing the boost button?  I'm sure it's below 90%.

3 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

I also think a lot of punters will look at the Boost button and think the offer has already been applied, rather than clicking it.  It's very sneaky and very clever how Bet365 have designed it.  I wonder what % of punters are actually pressing the boost button?  I'm sure it's below 90%.

Wow, that's an astonishing prediction! I can't really comment having never seen it but I'd be interested to see a screenshot.

I can't believe it's so cryptic that more than, say, 20% of punters would fall foul of it but I'll review my guess when I've seen what it looks like!

1 minute ago, harry_rag said:

Wow, that's an astonishing prediction! I can't really comment having never seen it but I'd be interested to see a screenshot.

I can't believe it's so cryptic that more than, say, 20% of punters would fall foul of it but I'll review my guess when I've seen what it looks like!

I was just surmising.

16 hours ago, harry_rag said:

I like to think I'm quite switched on but I've forgotten to press it a few times