** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Racing Chat Monday 13th February

8pm Wolves - Kodiac Sign - 16/1

This could run terribly as has shown next to nothing for David Evans so far, but there was reason for optimism when trained by Sir Michael Stoute and there are a few things which catch my eye tonight, at the price looks worth a small ew investment. All runs so far have been over 6 or 7f, steps up to 8.5f for the first time tonight which is the first pointer. Has had 4 handicap runs so far, again all over 6 or 7f and all in Class 4 or 5, drops into a Class 6 for the first time tonight. First handicap run was off 78, runs off 64 tonight so has dropped a stone in the ratings. Since being with David Evans has been ridden each time by 5lb claimer J. Williams, but the brilliant Rossa Ryan takes over the ride tonight. Finally, Evans has had 20 runners in the last 2 weeks, with 2 winners, Rossa Ryan rode them both. As I say, may just be a poor animal but if there's any support throughout the day may be worth taking note of.

Catterick 1.45

A two runner race love or hate them.

A few thousand pounds prize money goes begging where the training, travelling fees and wages could have been covered through just turning up.

Catterick opener.
FISTON DU MOU
Win
The outsider in this match race. But several bits of form give him a chance.
Won his point in December 20 beating some nice horses who are now operating at a much higher level. Clay Rodgers, best triton.
Gets further and receives weight from creative control who may be tested if things get tactical. Provided creative control is not challenged for the lead early on, FISTON DU MOU may be staying on at the end.
Admittedly the selection is out of form but having never jumped a hurdle is an out and out chaser who prefers further….
He definitely gets the trip and further.
The key feature are the jockeys Brian Hughes appears to be on a steering job at the odds and his horse is a stone and a half nearly clear at the ratings. Gavin Sheehan has a 70% strike rate in handicap chases here over the last five seasons. Go with the jolly if you wish.

Plumpton

El Hageb Rose

each way

Plumpton 2.30

Klitschko

Wolves 8pm

Kodiak sign

Each way 

As has already been stated by another poster. Reasons to be with this fellow.

David Evans is an ace plotter and decent form in higher grade for sir Micheal stoute  notably when close up third to a runner who is now rated 102 and does not race outside of class 2 . Never left Class four and five when at Newmarket. The old hood failed to come off trick last time and Rossa Ryan rides for first time as he drops into class six now.

Edited by sporting sam

Looks like I will get £20 in £5 tokens after having a £5 bet with Skybet at evens or greater.  I was looking for a horse at evens or just above and could only find Shot Boii in the 1.30 at Plum.  I have placed a win bet at 5/4.   I am trying to lay it off for 5.10 at 1.98 as I don't like my arm being twisted to make bets. It is currently trading at 2.48 so I hope that it doesn't fall at the first.

I have also had a 0.50 ew bet on El Hageb Rose at 14/1 with Bet365 in this race.

Will come back later with the main bets

Price matched at 1.98 so I can't lose ?

Edited by The Equaliser

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

Looks like I will get £20 in £5 tokens after having a £5 bet with Skybet at evens or greater.  I was looking for a horse at evens or just above and could only find Shot Boii in the 1.30 at Plum.  I have placed a win bet at 5/4.   I am trying to lay it off for 5.10 at 1.98 as I don't like my arm being twisted to make bets. It is currently trading at 2.48 so I hope that it doesn't fall at the first.

I have also had a 0.50 ew bet on El Hageb Rose at 14/1 with Bet365 in this race.

I reckon american jerry was/is a better bet at shorter prices once omega came out as a NR. but lets see. Just shows it ran like a pig. whenever i get a free bet i look at my list of horses i picked for the day and slap it on the biggest price if it loses i lose nothing.

Edited by Zilzalian
update

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

Lucky 15

3.00 Plum Gloire D'Athlon 3/1

3.15 Catt Take It Easy 7/2

3.30 Plum Prince Imperial 7/2

4.00 Plum Teasing Georgia 5/1

1 x 0.20 win L15 = 3.0 poss ret 205.13

---------------------------------------------------

Singles:

3.00 Pl dreaming Blue 1 pt win at 5.6, Tap Tap Boom 0.50 ew at 14/1

3.30 Pl Thirtyfourstitches 0.50 win at 13/2

4.00 Pl Teasing Georgia 1 pt win at 10.0 and Paddys Fancy 0.50win at 7/1

5.30 Wolve Six O Hearts 0.50 ew at 20/1 4TBP

6.00 Wolv Triple M 1 pt win at 18.5

7.00 Wolv Civil Law 1 pt win at 6/1 and Dream Harbour 1 pt win at 9.8

8.00 Wolv Kodiac Sign 0.50 ew at 18/1 4TBP

Total stakes = 13 points (5 pts on Shot Boii cancelled out)

18 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

I reckon american jerry was/is a better bet at shorter prices once omega came out as a NR. but lets see. Just shows it ran like a pig. whenever i get a free bet i look at my list of horses i picked for the day and slap it on the biggest price if it loses i lose nothing.

Not showing up yet as an "active" promotion.  One can't contact Skybet on the phone and the help just spurts out FAQ's as far as I can tell

18 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

have you tried picking your horse and adding it to bet slip? on 365 it just has a tick box asking if you want it as your free bet.

I already have an account with Bet365.  It is Skybet that I am having a problem with.  I have had a couple of other ew bets at enhanced places.  I will follow up tomorrow if I don't get credited with £20 in £5 vouchers

Wolverhampton. 

Double. 

5.30. Glorious Chamer      9/4     1st 

6.00. Claddeghduff             7/2      3rd 

singles & double. 

Lucky 15.

8.00. Ria Na Farraige         4/1    3rd 

7.00. Outbreak                    5/1    unpl

6.30. Eternal Hope              5/1    3rd 

8.30. Dark Trooper              4/5    unpl

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

33 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I already have an account with Bet365.  It is Skybet that I am having a problem with.  I have had a couple of other ew bets at enhanced places.  I will follow up tomorrow if I don't get credited with £20 in £5 vouchers

Yes i know its with skybet i was suggesting the same may be true if you select your horse it may prompt you with a "do you want to use your bet credits" tick box.

19 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Yes i know its with skybet i was suggesting the same may be true if you select your horse it may prompt you with a "do you want to use your bet credits" tick box.

13 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Oh  I see, thanks

if you click on the orange present icon, your free bets will popup, tick the box and apply it

sky.jpg

Got a couple of winners, big fav and impressive horse well Vicky and thirtyfourstitches on b365, so free bet tomorrow.

Annoyed at earlier race first horse I was attracted to was Kavanaghs Cross, also The Navigator, but stupidly went with the latter and took American Jerry too. Kavanaghs Cross won with a bit to spare.

Used free bet from sky on 3 races ew at wol, 4 places

Civil law

Tequilamockingbird

Voltaic

Edited by fd1972uk

25 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Many thanks but I don't have an orange button to click on.  I think I've been ripped off by skybet

Skybet or any other online bookies are not in the business of ripping you or anyone else off it is not in their interests, it is either you not knowing how to activate the offer or a set period before the bet is available. Why oh why do you constantly act or think you are a victim?

10 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Skybet or any other online bookies are not in the business of ripping you or anyone else off it is not in their interests, it is either you not knowing how to activate the offer or a set period before the bet is available. Why oh why do you constantly act or think you are a victim?

That comment did jar with me a little bit as well, especially as he is essentially trying to rip them off! (Taking a bet and laying it off just to trigger the freebies rather than getting them in return for a genuine bet.) I'm no fan of the bookies (most have chopped off all freebies etc for me long since) but I'm also irked when I see punters with frivolous grievances.

The offer doesn't seem to say how long it will take for the bets to be credited so it seems a bit too soon to be crying foul. I assume he won't have deposited via Skrill or Netteller so I can't see anything else that might fall foul of the T&Cs.

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I am trying to lay it off for 5.10 at 1.98 as I don't like my arm being twisted to make bets.

:loon I assume masked men burst into your home and forced you to open the account with them then! :lol

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

That comment did jar with me a little bit as well, especially as he is essentially trying to rip them off! (Taking a bet and laying it off just to trigger the freebies rather than getting them in return for a genuine bet.) I'm no fan of the bookies (most have chopped off all freebies etc for me long since) but I'm also irked when I see punters with frivolous grievances.

The offer doesn't seem to say how long it will take for the bets to be credited so it seems a bit too soon to be crying foul. I assume he won't have deposited via Skrill or Netteller so I can't see anything else that might fall foul of the T&Cs.

:loon I assume masked men burst into your home and forced you to open the account with them then! :lol

It makes good sense to back and lay the opening bet offers at or around evens.  Everyone should do it in my very humble opinion ?

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Lucky 15

3.00 Plum Gloire D'Athlon 3/1

3.15 Catt Take It Easy 7/2

3.30 Plum Prince Imperial 7/2

4.00 Plum Teasing Georgia 5/1

1 x 0.20 win L15 = 3.0 poss ret 205.13

---------------------------------------------------

Singles:

3.00 Pl dreaming Blue 1 pt win at 5.6, Tap Tap Boom 0.50 ew at 14/1

3.30 Pl Thirtyfourstitches 0.50 win at 13/2

4.00 Pl Teasing Georgia 1 pt win at 10.0 and Paddys Fancy 0.50win at 7/1

5.30 Wolve Six O Hearts 0.50 ew at 20/1 4TBP

6.00 Wolv Triple M 1 pt win at 18.5

7.00 Wolv Civil Law 1 pt win at 6/1 and Dream Harbour 1 pt win at 9.8

8.00 Wolv Kodiac Sign 0.50 ew at 18/1 4TBP

Total stakes = 13 points (5 pts on Shot Boii cancelled out)

RESULTS UPDATE

Just 1 winner today which returned 3.75 pts hence a loss of 9.25 pts on the day. This makes my MTD -15.61 and YTD -39.31 

Very well done to @Nigwilliamfor Le Ligerian and also @rolandcooperwith Kingwell at 50/1. I noted his selection but couldn't see it winning.  Fascinating how he picked it

7 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

It makes good sense to back and lay the opening bet offers at or around evens.  Everyone should do it in my very humble opinion ?

Sorry lad but nothing makes any sense with anything you say/do, everything is, if this, if that, just in case this, just in case that, what if this, and what if that, the list is endless, just pick a friggin horse and back it. The only good sense in betting is deciding what to back and backing it or laying it, i think your in the wrong game if you are that terrified of losing money, even free money which on all evidence available on here that is exactly what you are, so don't bet in the first place. Find something else to do with your money this betting game is definitely not for you. In my humble opinion.

15 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

It makes good sense to back and lay the opening bet offers at or around evens.  Everyone should do it in my very humble opinion

I can't see any reason to do it with that bet more than any other bet. You open an account with the intention of using it for normal punting. Placing a fiver bet at evens or more isn't the highest hurdle to get over. Having opened the account, you get the initial benefit of the "welcome" freebies, you have an additional account to help with getting best price and terms and you benefit from any occasional free bet offers for as long as it takes them to withdraw them having sussed you as a shrewd operator (or not, as the case may be). If you use the account normally you are likely to benefit from any offers for quite a while. If it looks like you've just opened it to take the minimum risk to secure any freebies you'll probably get chopped off quickly. I had freebies withdrawn by one firm where I'd opened the account with every intention of using it normally but, for whatever reason, didn't have that many bets with them early on and they were quick to take the view (incorrect in this instance) that I was just after the free bets.

3 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Sorry lad but nothing makes any sense with anything you say/do, everything is, if this, if that, just in case this, just in case that, what if this, and what if that, the list is endless, just pick a friggin horse and back it. The only good sense in betting is deciding what to back and backing it or laying it, i think your in the wrong game if you are that terrified of losing money, even free money which on all evidence available on here that is exactly what you are, so don't bet in the first place. Find something else to do with your money this betting game is definitely not for you. In my humble opinion.

Sorry mate I'm here to stay ?

3 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I can't see any reason to do it with that bet more than any other bet. You open an account with the intention of using it for normal punting. Placing a fiver bet at evens or more isn't the highest hurdle to get over. Having opened the account, you get the initial benefit of the "welcome" freebies, you have an additional account to help with getting best price and terms and you benefit from any occasional free bet offers for as long as it takes them to withdraw them having sussed you as a shrewd operator (or not, as the case may be). If you use the account normally you are likely to benefit from any offers for quite a while. If it looks like you've just opened it to take the minimum risk to secure any freebies you'll probably get chopped off quickly. I had freebies withdrawn by one firm where I'd opened the account with every intention of using it normally but, for whatever reason, didn't have that many bets with them early on and they were quick to take the view (incorrect in this instance) that I was just after the free bets.

I am in it entirely for the "free" bets.  Why risk any money when I don't have to?  It's just me playing the bookies at their own game