** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Welsh Open

owenclass

• 1 month later...

A few I like in the outright but I haven't got a chance to see a market up because so many games are going on. Currently 3 in a play and more kicking off at 7pm so need to find that sweet spot in between so I can get a bet on. The ones I like in this and ofcourse depending on odds are

Williams
Higgins
-----------------
Murphy 
Jak Jones
Selt/Milkins

all in that order of preference. Hoping to find a market up before 7pm.

I won't bother with Jak Jones. He looked to be in good nick at the Shootout but looking at his German Masters performance has put me off and the fact he plays Mark Williams also and I think I would much prefer Mark Williams. With that in mind, the 2/3 main bets for me are Williams, Higgins and Murphy. Side bets on Milkins and Selt and that's mainly because of Championship League Snooker. Especially with Selt, who topped the group multiple times and then lost the important matches. Just think he looks to be cueing well. 

2pts M.Williams 11/1 willhill
2pts J.Higgins 14/1 willhill
-------------------------------
1pt e/w Murphy 20/1 willhill
-------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Milkins 80/1 willhill
0.5pts e/w Selt 100/1 willhill 

It's been quite a day with Neil and Ding crashing out 4-0 each! Ronnie squeaked through 4-3 against Stenhouse despite his tip falling off twice and forfeiting a frame after 3 misses! It's always amazed me that snooker players don't bring a spare cue with them, maybe they're just too lazy to carry extra kit! Compared to golf/tennis/pool and practically every other sport where they would always have back-up equipment. Matthew Stevens just lost too so Rod Lawler next up for Ronnie.

One single pick and an accy for me today. I'm cursing leaving Jak Jones off the list of picks but you can't pick them all, I guess. The one I'm going for this afternoon is Higgins to beat Gould (-1.5 handicap)

Higgins has a lovely draw in this event and he's also playing really well. He hit 2 centuries, a 96 and 53 in his 4-0 win over Ursenbacher and whilst that could be partly because Ursenbacher is all out attack all the time, he also holds a good record over Gould, winning the last two matches 3-1 and 4-2. Gould beat Ferg O'Brien but that could quite easily have gone to a deciding frame.

5.5pts Higgins (-1.5 frames) to beat Gould 8/11 paddypower
1pt 4-fold - Higgins (-1.5) / Woollaston / Dale / Over 5.5 frames (Ibrahim Vs Lam) 19/1 paddypower

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Higgins wins his second match in a row 4-0. Playing some real nice stuff at the moment. Milkins got a good result against Selby, too.

Milkins and Selby both very up and down in their play tonight, some glaring misses, particularly from Selby who really has gone backwards of late. Superb century from Milkins to win it but he'll have to cut out the schoolboy errors in between his quality play if he wants to make the final stages. 

5 hours ago, amity said:

Milkins and Selby both very up and down in their play tonight, some glaring misses, particularly from Selby who really has gone backwards of late. Superb century from Milkins to win it but he'll have to cut out the schoolboy errors in between his quality play if he wants to make the final stages. 

Yeah, that's why I said "good result" for him, and not "well played" by him because he played pretty terrible at times and could have easily lost 4-2. Some brainless shots. Suppose at his price you're not going to get consistency. 

We'll be down to the Last 16 by the end of the afternoon and then we'll know the final 8 by the end of the evening with some players having to play twice. Perhaps that's one advantage for Robert Milkins. Only having to play the once today against a potentially tired Hawkins/Vafaei as I reckon that match will be close. I'm going to take Wells on the handicap this afternoon. Trump has been giving alot of chances to his opponents and Wells has been in decent form since The Shootout. I think he can get the 2 frames required. He has beaten Higgins recently and hit 4 50+ breaks in his 4-1 win over Selt.

6pts Wells (+2.5 frame handicap) to beat Trump 5/6 paddypower
1pt afternoon 4-fold - Wells (+2.5) Lilley (+2.5) Over 5.5 frames (Hawkins Vs Vafaei) & Over 5.5 frames (McGill Vs Murphy) 7/1 paddypower

5 minutes ago, Torque said:

It doesn't matter. He's going to get the two frames as Trump has missed some shockers as well. Should have been 3-0 but it'll be 2-2 shortly.

yeah, very fortunate for Wells. Just looked like he was out of position every time. Had chances in all 4 of those first 4 frames.

Just now, Fader said:

yeah, very fortunate for Wells. Just looked like he was out of position every time. Had chances in all 4 of those first 4 frames.

saying that, once he got one, the confidence was back and he got the 4th frame quickly

Just now, Torque said:

Trump is there for the taking. His safety is all over the shop and he can't buy a decent break. Won't be surprised if Wells wins this now and that'll be some achievement from 2-0 down in a race to 4.

been like it for a while. 90% of who is playing tend to bottle it though

4 hours ago, Fader said:

We'll be down to the Last 16 by the end of the afternoon and then we'll know the final 8 by the end of the evening with some players having to play twice. Perhaps that's one advantage for Robert Milkins. Only having to play the once today against a potentially tired Hawkins/Vafaei as I reckon that match will be close. I'm going to take Wells on the handicap this afternoon. Trump has been giving alot of chances to his opponents and Wells has been in decent form since The Shootout. I think he can get the 2 frames required. He has beaten Higgins recently and hit 4 50+ breaks in his 4-1 win over Selt.

6pts Wells (+2.5 frame handicap) to beat Trump 5/6 paddypower
1pt afternoon 4-fold - Wells (+2.5) Lilley (+2.5) Over 5.5 frames (Hawkins Vs Vafaei) & Over 5.5 frames (McGill Vs Murphy) 7/1 paddypower

7/1 comes in :ok

wide open last 16, tonight :

R.Williams / O'Connor
Junxu / Jak Jones
Wells / Murphy
Lisowski / Sijun
----------------------------
Milkins / Vafaei
Brecel / Allen
Higgins / Pengfei
Mertens / O'Sullivan

anybody tempted to go with Mertens tonight based on the silly-ness with Ronnie?