** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Sunday 27th NOVEMBER RACING CHAT-

Navan 2.20 

Frontal Assault 11/4 Elliot says he will be hard to beat and thinks he’s probably thrown in. Not that I’m basing my bet on those comments. He’s got obviously claims and strong favourite 

I’ll have a cover bet ew with Egality Mans 11/1  6 places 

Edited by Villa Chris

2.20 Navan- For me the Fav is way too short at 5/2 for a race like this deffo not one for me although i do think the Trainer will win the race! Have played  3 of his e/w and to be fair won't  be the taste for most people as they have either F,U or R against their name from last run so i guess its a case of each to their  own in this great game.

DEATH DUTY 18/1 BOG 5P- Was running on lto when fell last dropped 2lb Davey Russell  booked   clear round goes close.

FARCLAS 18/1 BOG 5P- Good 2nd in this last year   2lb higher but should go well again.

GLENLOE  30/1 BOG 5P-Looks on a very good weight and very interesting Jockey booking!

Hi all, new here.

Trying one up at Carlisle today in the 3.00 

Really good race but wouldn't be surprised to see Dobbin's RATH AN IUIR return to form.

Not shown much for a while but his mark has dropped because of this and likes it here. Think he'll strip a lot fitter for his recent comeback here.

17-2 BOG and 4 places available.

Got sucked into this 220 race out of sheer curiosity ...nnooo

Farclas     8.8  18/1 

Lifetime ambition  8.5 10/1 

The big dog    8.3 

Coko beach    8.2 

Regina draconis  8.0 

Given Elliott record in race I'd be crazy not to back top rated at that price ....may be the fav surprises everyone and wins but looks zero value to me ....I'll try 5pt ew top 2 ....and  half point forecasts top 4 

Edited by richard-westwood

When something looks too good to be true it often is.....or should you never look a gift horse in the mouth? Which is it today? In the 1.00 Carlisle there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that if this was a hurdle race then the Jonjo O'neill trained Soaring Glory would be around the 1/2 mark. Winner of the Betfair Hurdle at Newbuy last year and then 5th in the same race this year of a mark 14lb higher. In between never beaten more than 5 lenghts in two Listed Races and a Graded Races including a third to Eptante.  There are dangers of course, not least the 288 day abscence and the improvers Nells Son and Richmond Lake, but at the morning price of 2.66 for Soaring Glory I'm quite happy with that especially as the stable had a winner and two seconds yesterday..........res....late drift said it all......2.5 to 3.12 in the last 60 seconds, can only think the 288 day lay off was the reason and some awkward jumping too!! Unplaced.

Staying at Carlisle in the 2.00 race, Gordon Elliott send over the classy River Detel, the mare aquitted herself well in Graded company last season and ran to form on this seasons debut behind Captain Guinness, but for a mistake two out she would surely have gone even closer. Still only a five year old there is surely more to come from her. Best I could get was 2.02 but now trading slightly odds on. A clear round today should see her home.....................stuffed, finished last. Bad weekend for me just the one winner over the weekend.

Good luck today whatever you are on. 

Edited by jonjo

55 minutes ago, JCaesar said:

Hi all, new here.

Trying one up at Carlisle today in the 3.00 

Really good race but wouldn't be surprised to see Dobbin's RATH AN IUIR return to form.

Not shown much for a while but his mark has dropped because of this and likes it here. Think he'll strip a lot fitter for his recent comeback here.

17-2 BOG and 4 places available.

Welcome to the forum JCaesar. Good luck with your pick - personally think it's got a great ew chance

13 hours ago, black rabbit said:

A Wave by the sea     2 20 Nav/      { £25 ew }   1/20th of a pt staked   25/1

Regina Dracones       2 20 Nav/      { £25 ew}    1/20th of a pt staked   33/1

'A wave by  the sea'   now drifted to 50's   i'll have couple quid more on it perhaps

1258 Auteuil - Impressive Machin @ 40/1 e-w Bet365

The fav here looks in a different class and holds some these on that impressive win last time, i dont see any of those reversing form today and at the skinny odds on offer i think it is worth taking a chance on something each way. I like the way Impressive Machin won lto looked to have more in the tank, moving from a handicap to this grade 1 is going to be tough but 40/1 is worth the risk.

7 minutes ago, kensland said:

Lucky 15.

Carlisle. 

12.30. Malpas     10/3

1.00. Richmond Lake     6/1

2.30. Silver Flyer        2/1

3.30. Lost in Transit    5/4

Good luck all. 

You were lucky to get 2/1 for Silver Flyer trading on 11/8 now.  Not for me at that price, and even 2/1 a bit skinny in a handicap.  Good luck though

1.10 Leic Scarlet Ruby 5/2 (cursed with Big 3 selection)

3.00 Carl Equus Dreamer 4/1

3.40 Leic Heure De Gloire 5/1 (1 pt win at 5/1)

0.50 ew Trixie, poss return of 94.10 = 4 pts staked

Singles and savers

2.30 Carl Flight Deck 0.50 win at 11/2

3.00 Carl Juge Et Parti 0.50 ew at 33/1 My bets outsider of the day

2.40 Leic Purple King 0.50 win at 7/1 Let's hope the Doc gets a change of luck

2.20 Nav done @richard-westwood's in a 0.50rev forecast and 0.50 ew on Lifetimes Ambition and 0.25 ew on Forclass = 2.50 pts staked

Total stakes = 9.50

Good luck with those shorties

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a feeling that Heure De Gloire would not sustain its long lead and laid it to lose.  I hate it when jockeys do this sort of thing.  I can only remember Martin Pipe's horses being able to bowl along in front and regularly stay there.  I still cocked up with the Richard Westwood race and overlooked his combination forecast.  Got paid out each way on Lifetime Ambition.  Still lost on the day 6.30 points so MTD = -43.6 and YTD -255..34.  Things can only get better

Three meetings tomorrow.  Three class races, again we have short priced favourites in handicaps so it looks like another tough day ahead

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

4 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Got sucked into this 220 race out of sheer curiosity ...nnooo

Farclas     8.8  18/1 

Lifetime ambition  8.5 10/1 

The big dog    8.3 

Coko beach    8.2 

Regina draconis  8.0 

Given Elliott record in race I'd be crazy not to back top rated at that price ....may be the fav surprises everyone and wins but looks zero value to me ....I'll try 5pt ew top 2 ....and  half point forecasts top 4 

Nice F/C

Your on fire:clap