** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing chat -Friday 6th May

Chester 1.30
Eleven runners go to post here for this 7f 127yards class 2 handicap. Boardman has course form, winning here last season and was a good winner at Haydock last time out on ground that would of been plenty fast enough for him. He’s not been done any favours by the draw here mind in box 8. Bottom weight Repertoire goes unpenalised for his apprentice handicap victory last week under Saffie Osborne although doesn’t really appeal as the type to back up a win. Two horses who have previous course form and are well drawn are Revich (stall 1) who should strip fitter for his Lincoln Handicap run and has the assistance of top apprentice Harry Davies claiming 7lb and Fools Rush In (stall 4) who hails from the in form stable of Hugo Palmer who landed a nice touch on day one of the meeting with Ever Given. He’s two from four at the track and can be competitive. I can’t split the pair so will back both each way.

REVICH 1 point each way @ 5/1 William Hill 1/5th 1234
FOOLS RUSH IN 1 point each way @ 13/2 William Hill 1/5 1234

Market Rasen 1.50
ITV have squeezed in a jump race from Market Rasen, a 7 runner class 3 handicap chase which has an open enough look about it. It maybe worth chancing top weight Via Dolorosa who was so impressive when winning at Fakenham in March by 20L under today’s pilot Philip Armson and his three outings since have come in the Scottish National, Topham Chase and Bet365 Gold Cup. This represents a drop in grade and only 5lb higher than his Fakenham rout can be competitive here.

VIA DOLOROSA 1 point win @ 8/1 William Hill

Chester 2.05
A 10F handicap for four year olds and upwards which has a very open look about it with only the two rags Restorer and Bakersboy easily ruled out. Course form is brought to the table by Baryshnikov who is two from three here and has claims. Lincoln flop Mujtaba won at the track last year and won’t mind any ease in the ground. He too is a contender here along with top weight Brentford Hope who likes to get his toe in and has a touch of class about him when conditions are right. Ralph Beckett’s Lord Protector also has a 218 day absence to overcome but has won first time out the last two seasons and has claims. I’ll take another chance in my Lincoln fancy Mujtaba who has course form and should appreciate the step up in trip today.

MUJTABA 2 points win @ 5/2 William Hill

Chester 2.40
Only four assemble for this year’s renewal of the Group 2 Huxley Stakes with only the outsider Certain Lad who has a 532 day absence to overcome ruled out. John and Thady Gosden’s Megallan who bumped into Master Of The Seas in the Group 3 Earl Of Sefton on his re-appearance and Sir Michael Stoute’s Solid Stone last seen in February when down the field in the Saudi Neom Turf Cup on the Saudi Cup card are the two at the top of the market and both obviously have chances but I’m going to take a chance on Majestic Dawn who is a natural front runner who looks sure to go off in front and will appreciate any ease in the ground. At the prices Paul and Oliver Cole’s six year old ridden by Rob Hornby will do for me with an attacking ride from the front.

MAJESTIC DAWN 1 points win @ 11/2 Bet365

Chester 3.15
The feature race of the meeting is the 2m 2 1/2F Chester Cup Handicap. A near maximum field of 16 go to post with the current favourite being the locally trained Solent Getaway a winner here last Autumn who showed up well on his re-appearance 17 days ago. He has claims but is skinny enough in the market. His stable companion Rajinsky has drawn stall 1 and with apprentice Harry Davies taking a further 7lb off his back has to be taken seriously. Aidan O’Brien’s runner Cleveland is easily over looked as he’s stepping up markedly in trip and stamina has to be a major concern. Top weight and last year’s winner Falcon Eight is now 5lb higher but was given a peach of a ride by Frankie Dettori then and he’s back on board today. He is on my shortlist despite the fact his trainer Dermot Weld is 39 runners and 32 days since his last winner. Coltrane is well berthed in stall 2 for the Andrew Balding stable and is yet another with claims. Last years runner up The Grand Visir has each way claims if he can overcome his wide draw which can also be said about the Jennie Candlish trained It’s Good To Laugh. Another Irish challenger is the John Queally trained Arcadian Sunrise from stall 5. He was an easy winner at York when last seen on these shores at York’s Ebor meeting last August and if straight enough is another with a chance under Jamie Spencer. A tough handicap as one would expect but my pin has fallen on top weight Falcon Eight although there is some concern on the form of his trainers stable with a small saver in Arcadian Sunset.

FALCON EIGHT 1 point each way @ 5/1 William Hill 1/5th 12345
ARCADIAN SUNSET 1/2 point each way @ 9/1 William Hill 1/5th 12345

Chester 3.45
Seven have declared for this 5F class 3 conditions stakes contest although two of those, King Of Stars and Night On Earth are both declared for the 5F handicap on Thursday so must be considered doubtful. The one to beat despite his 6lb penalty is the Andrew Balding trained King’s Lynn owned by Her Majesty The Queen. A speedy type who’s run well on his seasonal debuts on both the last seasons and was last seen at Doncaster in November when winning a listed contest. Acklam Express is actually the best in at these weights but his trainer Nigel Tinkler is 0 from 26 in the last fortnight so hardly a a yard in form. The other runner to consider the the only three year old in the contest Flaming Rib who blatantly didn’t stay when 6th in the 7F Greenham at Newbury and should be suited by this drop in trip for Hugo Palmer. The selection however is King’s Lynn.

KING’S LYNN 2 points win @ 5/2 Bet365

Chester Gold Cup. 

Going with Ian Williams two entries, NH trainer's have a descent success rate I.W has won this race twice. 

3.15. Reshoun.   16/1.    /.    The Grand Visir      22/1.       bth ew......... bth unpl 

Just my fancies. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

War in heaven    1/5 pt  ew   33/1    4 00 asc    2nd

Atrium    1/2 pt   win    5/1       5 40 asc        won

al ameen    1/5 pt kin   10/1  4 35 asc     3rd

indianalopis  1/5 pt ew  33/1    4 55 che   unplaced

P/L   + 122 pts 

Edited by black rabbit
selectionss

58 minutes ago, azzybear said:

restorer 2.05 ew this horse is back out quick only run yesterday so I'll stick with it 

Such horses have an excellent record with 104 winners from 646 runners and an AE of 1.20.

Only down side is that the record for those bred in the UK is not so good with 28 winners from 262 runners and an AE of 0.84.

A busy day, lots more to get through but my selection process has thrown up 4 selections. All prices are bet365 B.O.G. as most people tend to have this type of account, there are slightly better odds sometimes if you shop around. Prices are at time of posting and not necessarily the prices I have taken. All selections have been backed by myself(Just for info).

4.00 Asc - Saga 5/4

5.45 Ripon - Roach Power 13/8

6.40 Nott - Phantasy Mac - 6/4

7.45 Ripon - Wots the Wifi Code - 11/4

I have also had a bet on

7.26 Wolv - Be Fair - 10/3 - This horse was on my 'to follow' list as it is edging down the weights and looks a winner in waiting some time soon.

My Trixie today is:

3.25 Asc Wonderful Times 2/1

4.20 Ches Scampi 10/3

4.35 Asc Justcallmepete 5/2

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return 84.16

PL Members inspired bets

Trixie:

2.05 Ches Mutaba 2/1

3.45 ches Kings Lynn 13/8

5.20 DownP Ottoman style 11/8

1 x 4 pt win Trixie poss return of 39.92 pts

Singles/place bets

3.15 Ches Falcon Eight 1 pt win at 7.4 and Its Good To Laugh 1 pt 3TBP at 5.68

1.50 M/R Via Dolorosa 1 pt win at 6.6

Total stakes = 11 points

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

BET365 4/1 offer selections

Chester 1.30 BOOSOOLA 9/2 (free bet carryover from yesterday)

Chester 3.15 ARCADIAN SUNRISE 13/2

I don't think red mirage will be beating boosala again, i personally think Boosala is a group horse was very unlucky here. max bet going down for me. i should know better at chester.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:54 AM, richard-westwood said:

Chester cup 

Falcon eight  9.2 5/1 

It's good to laugh 8.6  25/1 

These 2 appear to be a little clear of the rest so I'll play and try and make a bit of profit ....

10pt ew falcon eight 

5pt ew  it's good to laugh 

Falcon eight 5th ...paid ew 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:59 PM, The Brigadier said:
Chester 1.30
Eleven runners go to post here for this 7f 127yards class 2 handicap. Boardman has course form, winning here last season and was a good winner at Haydock last time out on ground that would of been plenty fast enough for him. He’s not been done any favours by the draw here mind in box 8. Bottom weight Repertoire goes unpenalised for his apprentice handicap victory last week under Saffie Osborne although doesn’t really appeal as the type to back up a win. Two horses who have previous course form and are well drawn are Revich (stall 1) who should strip fitter for his Lincoln Handicap run and has the assistance of top apprentice Harry Davies claiming 7lb and Fools Rush In (stall 4) who hails from the in form stable of Hugo Palmer who landed a nice touch on day one of the meeting with Ever Given. He’s two from four at the track and can be competitive. I can’t split the pair so will back both each way.

REVICH 1 point each way @ 5/1 William Hill 1/5th 1234
FOOLS RUSH IN 1 point each way @ 13/2 William Hill 1/5 1234

Market Rasen 1.50
ITV have squeezed in a jump race from Market Rasen, a 7 runner class 3 handicap chase which has an open enough look about it. It maybe worth chancing top weight Via Dolorosa who was so impressive when winning at Fakenham in March by 20L under today’s pilot Philip Armson and his three outings since have come in the Scottish National, Topham Chase and Bet365 Gold Cup. This represents a drop in grade and only 5lb higher than his Fakenham rout can be competitive here.

VIA DOLOROSA 1 point win @ 8/1 William Hill

Chester 2.05
A 10F handicap for four year olds and upwards which has a very open look about it with only the two rags Restorer and Bakersboy easily ruled out. Course form is brought to the table by Baryshnikov who is two from three here and has claims. Lincoln flop Mujtaba won at the track last year and won’t mind any ease in the ground. He too is a contender here along with top weight Brentford Hope who likes to get his toe in and has a touch of class about him when conditions are right. Ralph Beckett’s Lord Protector also has a 218 day absence to overcome but has won first time out the last two seasons and has claims. I’ll take another chance in my Lincoln fancy Mujtaba who has course form and should appreciate the step up in trip today.

MUJTABA 2 points win @ 5/2 William Hill

Chester 2.40
Only four assemble for this year’s renewal of the Group 2 Huxley Stakes with only the outsider Certain Lad who has a 532 day absence to overcome ruled out. John and Thady Gosden’s Megallan who bumped into Master Of The Seas in the Group 3 Earl Of Sefton on his re-appearance and Sir Michael Stoute’s Solid Stone last seen in February when down the field in the Saudi Neom Turf Cup on the Saudi Cup card are the two at the top of the market and both obviously have chances but I’m going to take a chance on Majestic Dawn who is a natural front runner who looks sure to go off in front and will appreciate any ease in the ground. At the prices Paul and Oliver Cole’s six year old ridden by Rob Hornby will do for me with an attacking ride from the front.

MAJESTIC DAWN 1 points win @ 11/2 Bet365

Chester 3.15
The feature race of the meeting is the 2m 2 1/2F Chester Cup Handicap. A near maximum field of 16 go to post with the current favourite being the locally trained Solent Getaway a winner here last Autumn who showed up well on his re-appearance 17 days ago. He has claims but is skinny enough in the market. His stable companion Rajinsky has drawn stall 1 and with apprentice Harry Davies taking a further 7lb off his back has to be taken seriously. Aidan O’Brien’s runner Cleveland is easily over looked as he’s stepping up markedly in trip and stamina has to be a major concern. Top weight and last year’s winner Falcon Eight is now 5lb higher but was given a peach of a ride by Frankie Dettori then and he’s back on board today. He is on my shortlist despite the fact his trainer Dermot Weld is 39 runners and 32 days since his last winner. Coltrane is well berthed in stall 2 for the Andrew Balding stable and is yet another with claims. Last years runner up The Grand Visir has each way claims if he can overcome his wide draw which can also be said about the Jennie Candlish trained It’s Good To Laugh. Another Irish challenger is the John Queally trained Arcadian Sunrise from stall 5. He was an easy winner at York when last seen on these shores at York’s Ebor meeting last August and if straight enough is another with a chance under Jamie Spencer. A tough handicap as one would expect but my pin has fallen on top weight Falcon Eight although there is some concern on the form of his trainers stable with a small saver in Arcadian Sunset.

FALCON EIGHT 1 point each way @ 5/1 William Hill 1/5th 12345
ARCADIAN SUNSET 1/2 point each way @ 9/1 William Hill 1/5th 12345

Chester 3.45
Seven have declared for this 5F class 3 conditions stakes contest although two of those, King Of Stars and Night On Earth are both declared for the 5F handicap on Thursday so must be considered doubtful. The one to beat despite his 6lb penalty is the Andrew Balding trained King’s Lynn owned by Her Majesty The Queen. A speedy type who’s run well on his seasonal debuts on both the last seasons and was last seen at Doncaster in November when winning a listed contest. Acklam Express is actually the best in at these weights but his trainer Nigel Tinkler is 0 from 26 in the last fortnight so hardly a a yard in form. The other runner to consider the the only three year old in the contest Flaming Rib who blatantly didn’t stay when 6th in the 7F Greenham at Newbury and should be suited by this drop in trip for Hugo Palmer. The selection however is King’s Lynn.

KING’S LYNN 2 points win @ 5/2 Bet365

just 3 places today for a loss of 7.6 points but a profit of 22.25 points over the three days of Chester.  Saturdays selections are already uploaded. 

3 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

I don't think red mirage will be beating boosala again, i personally think Boosala is a group horse was very unlucky here. max bet going down for me. i should know better at chester.

Can't really criticise Ryan Moore as he's had 8 winners from 11 rides at Chester.

4 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today is:

3.25 Asc Wonderful Times 2/1

4.20 Ches Scampi 10/3

4.35 Asc Justcallmepete 5/2

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return 84.16

PL Members inspired bets

Trixie:

2.05 Ches Mutaba 2/1

3.45 ches Kings Lynn 13/8

5.20 DownP Ottoman style 11/8

1 x 4 pt win Trixie poss return of 39.92 pts

Singles/place bets

3.15 Ches Falcon Eight 1 pt win at 7.4 and Its Good To Laugh 1 pt 3TBP at 5.68

1.50 M/R Via Dolorosa 1 pt win at 6.6

Total stakes = 11 points

5.20 Dowbn Ottoman Style 4 pts win @ 3.26

7 hours ago, Bang on said:

A busy day, lots more to get through but my selection process has thrown up 4 selections. All prices are bet365 B.O.G. as most people tend to have this type of account, there are slightly better odds sometimes if you shop around. Prices are at time of posting and not necessarily the prices I have taken. All selections have been backed by myself(Just for info).

4.00 Asc - Saga 5/4

5.45 Ripon - Roach Power 13/8

6.40 Nott - Phantasy Mac - 6/4

7.45 Ripon - Wots the Wifi Code - 11/4

I have also had a bet on

7.26 Wolv - Be Fair - 10/3 - This horse was on my 'to follow' list as it is edging down the weights and looks a winner in waiting some time soon.

Saga - lost

Roach Power - 2nd

Phantasy Mac - WON 6/4

Wots the Wifi Code - 3rd

Be Fair - WON 10/3

Mixed bag and a small profit again. Disappointing ride from the 7lb claiming jockey on 'wots the wifi code', but a lovely ride from Hollie Doyle on 'Be Fair' who justified being in my 'to follow' list.

4 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Can't really criticise Ryan Moore as he's had 8 winners from 11 rides at Chester.

yes hard to criticize jockeys at chester unless they ride 3 or 4 wide, i don't blame moore just sods law all those winners and he loses on my max bet but thats how it goes sometimes and you just have take it on chin.

Had profit today, was busy in work so couldnt post. 

Boosala jockey needs his balls kicked, finished great but wasnt interested in trying to get out pack earlier. 

Baryshnikov and belletrixa came through with decent profits. 

Treble lost. 

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

5.20 Dowbn Ottoman Style 4 pts win @ 3.26

RESULTS UPDATE

A very poor day for my win bets and Trixies.  Luckily I got back in time from shopping to back Ottoman Style for 4 pts and it won.  This was inspired by @mickyftm32.  Although he hasn't selected winners lately in the Naps comp he has a very good track record on here.  This at least saved my skin and I only lost 2.14 pts on the day.  MTD -13.06 & YTD -242.33

I hope I do better tomorrow