** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Racing chat, Tuesday 20th April

1405 Sedgefield Ambassador 2/1 (still available) NAP

1450 Epsom Sky Defender 9/1 e/w (still available)

1510 Sedgefield Snowy Burrows 15/8 & 1545 Sedgefield Just A Sip 15/8 win double 7.26/1

1850 Wolverhampton Haykal 5/2 (3/1 now available) - INFO = apparently will be a different proposition on this going

1920 Wolverhampton Margub 3/1 (11/4 now best price) - INFO = should be much fitter after last run and wind surgery

1850 Wolverhampton Haykal & 1920 Wolverhampton Margub win double 13/1

Should be French selections up soon and that's me done for the day.

41 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

1510 Sedgefield Snowy Burrows 15/8 & 1545 Sedgefield Just A Sip 15/8 win double 7.26/1

1850 Wolverhampton Haykal 5/2 (3/1 now available) - INFO = apparently will be a different proposition on this going

1920 Wolverhampton Margub 3/1 (11/4 now best price) - INFO = should be much fitter after last run and wind surgery

When did you get 15/8 for Snowy Burrows mate?

I strongly fancy that and have had it on my screen for the past 5 hours. Best price 7/4 which Hills and Bet Victor have pushed out in the last 45 minutes. Its been strong 6/4 13/8 all morning.

I got 13/8. It has never been 15/8

2 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I strongly fancy that and have had it on my screen for the past 5 hours. Best price 7/4 which Hills and Bet Victor have pushed out in the last 45 minutes. Its been strong 6/4 13/8 all morning.

I got 15/8 at b365 25 odd mins ago 

5 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I use oddschecker and was 1 million % 15/8 first thing this morning. I would not try to steal such a small gain from 7/4 to 15/8. Bet365 was 15/8 this morning when I posted.

Edited by Barnes1882

Just now, peanut peanut said:

I got 15/8 at b365 25 odd mins ago 

Really??

In that case I apologize.

I do not know how that has happened because I have waited for the past 5 hours to bet it, hoping to squeeze a bit extra. 13/8 was the best I saw up until about 45 min ago when WH and BV went 7/4. Maybe the screen with all the bookmakers prices does not give accurate figures, I dont know

Just now, Wanderlust said:

Really??

In that case I apologize.

I do not know how that has happened because I have waited for the past 5 hours to bet it, hoping to squeeze a bit extra. 13/8 was the best I saw up until about 45 min ago when WH and BV went 7/4. Maybe the screen with all the bookmakers prices does not give accurate figures, I dont know

I would recommend using Oddschecker. Easy app to use or website to compare all of the current prices. 

1 hour ago, Barnes1882 said:

Well presented.  I was just deciding between Ambassador & Burrows Diamond; looks like you have made my mind up for me.  The only problem I have is whether to take 7/4 about a horse in a handicap. I can always just leave the race alone.  A punter's most powerful weapon ?

17 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Well presented.  I was just deciding between Ambassador & Burrows Diamond; looks like you have made my mind up for me.  The only problem I have is whether to take 7/4 about a horse in a handicap. I can always just leave the race alone.  A punter's most powerful weapon ?

Thank you. I've really tried to make it as clear as possible but was still unfortunately questioned regarding my honestly on the price of a horse. I took a day off over the weekend (apart from a NAP selection) as you would have noticed as I felt I was being unfairly targeted by some when all I am trying to do is put my selections up and enjoy the site. I am always open to suggestions and feel I am able to critically reflect upon previous mistakes I have made with some of my posts. I have received a lot of support and messages from people and I really appreciate them but if I continue being questioned, I will revert to posting just my NAP as I really don't need the added stress. 

With our 2nd child's due date being this Friday, time is going to be very limited over the next few weeks so I may not be posting on a daily basis but I will try my best. 

In regards to the race you mentioned, it's an extremely tough one but I do fancy Ambasaddor to win. Like you say though, you should never be afraid to miss a winner, you will definitely save money adopting this approach in the long term. Sedgefield today feels like one of those days we had a few weeks ago when every fav pretty much won. It could however equally be a fantastic day for the bookies if they're all turned over. I also liked Costly Diamond & Get Sky High there but couldn't back them all so hopefully I've chosen the correct ones. 

Good luck today, hope you have a profitable day. 

Edited by Barnes1882

3 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

Epsom 2.50

Sky Defender 11/1 ew 

Really happy you've also selected this. I unfortunately only got 9/1 and see it has drifted which has surprised me but with BOG I am not too worried. I really feel the horse with be suited by the undulating ground. He has C&D form being 1/1 at Epsom and enjoys downhill sections so I really think it should be out running the current odds. 

This is how I rated Epsom 2.50 

Good Birthday 7.5

Sky Defender 7.45

these are the top two with third rated only pulling in a 7. Sky Defender offers much better value and is a course winner. Epsom doesn’t suit everyone so with Sky Defender likely to be up there with the pace which can pay off at Epsom I’ve gone with him ew. The fact he’s so closely rated with Good Birthday it seems the obvious bet. Only 9 runners so don’t really want to play both of them and 7/2 is very skinny for Good Birthday. I’d want him at least 6/1 then I’d possibly play him ew too . 

Edited by Villa Chris

5 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Really happy you've also selected this. I unfortunately only got 9/1 and see it has drifted which has surprised me but with BOG I am not too worried. I really feel the horse with be suited by the undulating ground. He has C&D form being 1/1 at Epsom and enjoys downhill sections so I really think it should be out running the current odds. 

Course form at Epsom should be considered strongly . Usually I do my bets night before as I don’t have time on race day in the week, but managed to fit it in today and he’s drifted a bit . 

3 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Thank you. I've really tried to make it as clear as possible but was still unfortunately questioned regarding my honestly on the price of a horse. I took a day off over the weekend (apart from a NAP selection) as you would have noticed as I felt I was being unfairly targeted by some when all I am trying to do is put my selections up and enjoy the site. I am always open to suggestions and feel I am able to critically reflect upon previous mistakes I have made with some of my posts. I have received a lot of support and messages from people and I really appreciate them but if I continue being questioned, I will revert to posting just my NAP as I really don't need the added stress. 

With our 2nd child's due date being this Friday, time is going to be very limited over the next few weeks so I may not be posting on a daily basis but I will try my best. 

In regards to the race you mentioned, it's an extremely tough one but I do fancy Ambasaddor to win. Like you say though, you should never be afraid to miss a winner, you will definitely save money adopting this approach in the long term. Sedgefield today feels like one of those days we had a few weeks ago when every fav pretty much won. I also liked Costly Diamond & Get Sky High there but couldn't back them all so hopefully I've chosen the correct ones. 

Many thanks for sharing your feelings.  Don't worry about getting a bit of flak now and again; I have received much worse from other forums such as the Betfair forum.  Also, whilst, I feel that it is critical to quote an accurate price at the time of posting for the Naps comp as there is prize money at stake, I don't think that it is nowhere near critical for you to quote current available prices when you obtained better prices overnight or early morning when making postings under "racing chat".  If you got 6/1 and a horse is now trading at 4/1 good on you and just disregard the comments of disgruntled punters who lost out.  I was looking forward to you posting up your P&L actual figures purely based on selections you put before a race is run.  I reckon your betting bank of £1,000.00 will grow at a very fast rate to the envy of us all.  Those who don't like it can eat their hearts out as far as I'm concerned.  Apart from published bets I reckon most of us do other bets on the side which of course, I feel, shouldn't be mentioned.  I hope that this is of some help?

Very best of luck with the birth of your new baby, I sincerely hope all goes well ?

48 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

In regards to the race you mentioned, it's an extremely tough one but I do fancy Ambasaddor to win. Like you say though, you should never be afraid to miss a winner, you will definitely save money adopting this approach in the long term. Sedgefield today feels like one of those days we had a few weeks ago when every fav pretty much won. It could however equally be a fantastic day for the bookies if they're all turned over. I also liked Costly Diamond & Get Sky High there but couldn't back them all so hopefully I've chosen the correct ones. 

congratulations on your second child and good luck with all your bets. 

1 hour ago, Barnes1882 said:

I would recommend using Oddschecker. Easy app to use or website to compare all of the current prices. 

Odds checker is a great tool and i use it but i would urge a note of caution. As its polling the bookies site there is always going to be some lag which in this day and age you'd expect it to be in the seconds but is frequently over a minute. Some bookies seem to be worse than others - in my experience betfred are slow to update. If you want to see this in action just look at how the prices shift after Hugh Taylor posts a selection.

The history function of odds checker seems to provide a more accurate picture of price changes (sometimes not even reflected on the main page!)

Today Snowy Burrows was 15/8 with bet365 between 8:15 and 8:57.

Aside from all that this site is the best for solid, genuine input from those I only see trying to be helpful or gain information which they can use to get an edge. Other forums where this isnt the case are available.

@Barnes1882 keep up the input and best of luck with your pending new arrival

Edited by BBBC
Spelling

2 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

Last late bet, literally just received it so apologies for late notice....

All to be placed 9/1...

1120 C'Est Le Bouquet

1225 Cheminee

1305 Astara De Lune

1335 Katribu

Edited by Barnes1882
C'Est autocorrected to Chester ?

16 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Last late bet, literally just received it so apologies for late notice....

All to be placed 9/1...

1120 C'Est Le Bouquet

1225 Cheminee

1305 Astara De Lune

1335 Katribu

Also had a Lucky15 on these selections after posting this as the race was behind schedule.

First selection wins so a nice start. Again, sorry for late post but I got it 1 minute before. Hope some managed to get on.

I have no idea where all the times goes.  I have only managed o look at 4 races at Sedgefield so far.

1.30 Sedg Relkadam £6.01 at 4.36 = £19.79 profit if it wins.  Costly Diamond is all the rage with a best price of 11/10 atm.  This horse is up in grade and up 5Lbs so worth taking on with the Brian Hughes horse

2.05 Sedg I like both Burrows Diamond and Ambassador, can't really dutch for a profit so I'll leave the race alone.

2.40 sedg Tico times £3.70 win at 6.6 = £20.31 profit if it wins. The horse is in great form of late and is a C&D winner.  All the money for Skelton/Hughes horses.  Now trading at 7 so missed out a bit on price. what the heck.

3.10 Sedg Snowy Burrows is solid at around 6/4.  Not so sure this represents value as a handicap snip.  Pass

All prices Bet365:

1.00 Sedgefield - 1pt e/w Leopolds Rock @ 33/1

1.20 Yarmouth - 1pt e/w Wind In My Sails @ 8/1

1.55 Yarmouth - 1pt e/w Dashing Rat @ 12/1

2.05 Sedgefield - 1pt e/w Coral Blue @ 20/1

2.15 Epsom - 1pt win Wirko @ 13/2

2.40 Sedgefield - 1pt e/w High Noon @ 8/1

2.50 Epsom - 1pt e/w Celtic Art @ 20/1

3.00 Yarmouth - 1pt e/w Marsden Cross @ 8/1