Premier League Predictions > Dec 19th - 21st

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool

The Premier League is back for the weekend after a dramatic schedule of midweek games. Mid-table Crystal Palace will be looking to cause an upset against reigning champions and league leaders Liverpool in a 12:30pm GMT kick-off on Saturday afternoon. Is it too early to suggest the title is staying on Merseyside or could this be a game that makes us doubt that assumption?

Crystal Palace experienced a game that was a symbol of their season so far in midweek when they drew 1-1 away to West Ham. Christian Benteke scored for the Eagles before his sending off on 70 minutes with the scores level almost let the hosts back in for the win. Roy Hodgson has now seen his team take just 1 win from their last 5 league games and the club is down in 12th place as a result. Benteke is suspended for this game and the team could also be without centre back Mamadou Sakho once again. On the plus side, it can be spun that Palace are unbeaten in December after 1 win and 2 draws but winning just 2 of their last 10 home league games shows that confidence won't be brimming for this game. It's also 12 league games without a clean sheet now so the pressure is on the Palace defence to start tightening up. It doesn't help the fact that Hodgson has lost each one of his 6 matches against Liverpool since he left the club as their manager.

Liverpool made a huge statement in midweek with that 2-1 win over Tottenham at Anfield. Jurgen Klopp's men left it late but it was a victory that helped to move the Reds 3 points clear at the summit. That win made it 9 league games in a row without defeat. It also extended their unbeaten home record but this fixture is not at home and on the road Liverpool have failed to win any of their last 5 away league matches. The encouraging news is that Liverpool have only lost 1 of their last 13 league games in London. In Mohamed Salah, they also have a player who loves playing in December having scored 17 goals in 21 games played during that month. It is also still the case that Liverpool are the only top flight team to score in every league match this season.

This is one of those games where Liverpool have a big chance to build on the midweek win over Tottenham. They are currently enjoying a 6-game winning run against Crystal Palace and if you combine that with Palace's poor home form this season then you have to say it makes sense to back an away win. I understand the reservations behind such a call given Liverpool's poor recent away form in the league but if they're to retain their title then it's games like this they need to win and I think they will.

Liverpool to Win & BTTS @ 3.45 with SBK

Anytime Scorer: Mohamed Salah @ 2.00 with SBK

From a quick look, I like the price on a lot of the home teams this week. 

Both Liverpool and Man City look underpriced to me based on the way this season is going.  Liverpool don't win away at the moment, and Palace is a tough game to go to.  A shame there is no crowd as that would have helped Palace out, but I still feel Palace are more than capable of getting at least a draw out of this one.

Saints at home to Man City is another high price on the home team.  Man City generally aren't scoring enough goals this season, which gives Saints a much better chance in this match than the odds imply.  Saints are generally playing well, and are generally good for scoring at least one goal per match.  One might well be enough to at least draw this fixture.  Saints will also have the backing of 2k fans.

I think at least one of Liverpool and Man City will drop points this weekend, so i'm taking the +1 handicap on both Palace and Saints.  One home win or draw results in profit.

1 hour ago, thfc said:

From a quick look, I like the price on a lot of the home teams this week. 

Both Liverpool and Man City look underpriced to me based on the way this season is going.  Liverpool don't win away at the moment, and Palace is a tough game to go to.  A shame there is no crowd as that would have helped Palace out, but I still feel Palace are more than capable of getting at least a draw out of this one.

Saints at home to Man City is another high price on the home team.  Man City generally aren't scoring enough goals this season, which gives Saints a much better chance in this match than the odds imply.  Saints are generally playing well, and are generally good for scoring at least one goal per match.  One might well be enough to at least draw this fixture.  Saints will also have the backing of 2k fans.

I think at least one of Liverpool and Man City will drop points this weekend, so i'm taking the +1 handicap on both Palace and Saints.  One home win or draw results in profit.

How are you feeling about the loss to Liverpool in midweek mate? Reckon you boys will bounce back this week or could it rock you a little bit?

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

How are you feeling about the loss to Liverpool in midweek mate? Reckon you boys will bounce back this week or could it rock you a little bit?

Spurs love conceding goals late on so it was no massive shock!  I think that's 6 goals conceded in the last 5 minutes of games now.

I fancy spurs this weekend, largely because both teams play in a similar way relying on the counter attack, and I think spurs have the better personnel (Kane & Son) versus mostly Vardy for Leicester.  Leicester are so inconsistent (more so at home admittedly) it's hard to know what team will turn up.  They have won 5 out of 6 away though, which puts me off wanting to put spurs up as a bet on here.

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool

Crystal Palace

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Mamadou Sakho (4/0 d), Martin Kelly (0/0 d), Wayne Hennessey (0/0 g), Connor Wickham (0/0 f), Nathan Ferguson (0/0 m)

Suspended: Christian Benteke (9/3 f)

Liverpool

Doubtful: Joel Matip (6/1 d)

Out (injuries/other): Konstantinos Tsimikas (0/0 d), Diogo Jota (9/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Xherdan Shaqiri (2/0 m), James Milner (8/0 m), Joe Gomez (7/0 d), Virgil van Dijk (5/1 d), Thiago Alcantara (2/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Interesting facts based only on statistics
Crystal Palace scored at least one goal in 83% of home games.
Liverpool scored at least one goal in 100% of away games.
50% chance that the game will ended without a winner.
75% chance that both Crystal Palace and Liverpool will score in this game.
42% chance that both Crystal Palace and Liverpool will score in first-half.
92% chance that there will be more than 1 goal in this game.
75% chance that there will be at least 1 goal in the first-half.

For the Saturday Games i also prefer the Home Teams - but without Newcastle. I think Saints and Palace can grab something here. Liverpool didn´t the best on Away Games at the Moment and Klopp also played with the same XI whole intensive 90 Minutes against Spurs. I like also Place Game against the Hammers.

Saints in great Shape at the Moment and they will be unlucky with the Draw at Arsenal. Now they Face a Guardiola Side who are grab only 1 Point against West Brom in Midweek. And i think times are gone, that Man City smashed a opponent after they have made a terrible Game in there last.

Arsenal on poor Form and i think things will not changed so fast at the Moment. Everton now with 2 massive Wins against Leicester and Chelsea. So i think they are on good Mood and Moral will be high.

Palace +0.5 @ 2.60 2/10 unibet

Saints +0.5 @ 2.81 2/10 Pinn

Everton @ 2.53 3/10 Pinn

Fulham AHC 0 @ 2.04 2/10 bet365

Everton have not won their last league game before Christmas in any of their last six seasons, two draws and four defeats, but they are the favorites in this game. Arsenal were not at all competitive in the league this year and, a week before the one-year anniversary at the club, another defeat for Artetas could be fatal. I do not think they can lose the Sweets
EVERTON vs ARSENAL @@ +0 Ah EVERTON, odds 1.66

Southampton vs Manchester City

OK, so here we are for the 3pm kick-off in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon and it's between in-form Southampton and an under-achieving Manchester City at St Mary's Stadium. Who would have anticipated that when these teams met at this stage of the season that the home team would be the higher-placed side out of the two? Football is great!

Southampton sit in 3rd place coming into this game and the longer this season goes on it's starting to feel like they're in this area of the table to stay. Ralph Hasenhuttl's men are only 4 points off the top spot and it's just 1 defeat in their last 11 league games including going the last 3 league matches unbeaten. The most interesting factor is that top scorer Danny Ings has only scored 1 goal in their last 6 league games. Yes, he's been injured but it shows how the team is evolving to manage without him playing now. Their potency in front of goal at home this season is clear to see with the Saints having scored at least 2 goals in their last 7 home league games.

Manchester City are still struggling to get back amongst the front runners but there are signs of improvement in this City team lately. Pep Guardiola's side are still down in 9th place and 8 points off the title pace but it's just 1 loss in their last 10 league matches with the club on an unbeaten run of 4 league games. The Citizens have prevailed victorious in their last 11 away league games played at 3pm on a Saturday. The last such defeat came way back in 2013. Getting key players firing is vital if City are to get back into the title hunt. Sergio Aguero could be set to miss out again with a niggle and given the fact Gabriel Jesus has only had 4 shots on goal all season and failed to even register a shot on target in his last 5 league games shows where the issue has been for the team. Even the likes of Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, and Raheem Sterling are struggling to find the net.

This is a potential banana skin for Manchester City. Southampton ended a 7-game losing run against City back in July when they came out as 1-0 winners. Does that mean Hasenhuttl has worked Pep out? Or was it a one-off? There's no denying that City are vulnerable right now. I still feel that City are the favourites to win. The odds aren't great so maybe a City win with both teams to score is better value. I just don't feel comfortable betting against this Saints side right now but against all my better judgement I'm going to have to.

Manchester City to Win & BTTS @ 3.35 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.67 with Betfair

Everton vs Arsenal

The 5:30pm GMT kick-off in the Premier League on Saturday comes from Goodison Park where a recovering Everton host an out-of-form Arsenal. It's hard to comprehend the dire situation that the visiting side are in right now and they come to one of the toughest grounds in the division with the shadow of a relegation battle hanging over their heads. Can they get back to winning ways?

Everton started this season very well, had a bit of a slippery period but now appear to be getting back on track. Carlo Ancelotti's side are in 5th place after going 3 games unbeaten including enjoying back-to-back wins with clean sheets in their last 2 league matches. A potential problem for the Toffees is that defensive midfielder Allan is out injured for the Christmas period. There's no denying he's had a key role in limiting opposition attacks reaching the Everton defensive third in their recent games. If that news wasn't bad enough then Everton fans will be aware that the club haven't won any of their last 6 league games played just before Christmas Day.

Arsenal find themselves deep down in 15th place and only 5 points above the relegation zone. The old saying of "too big to go down" has caught out a number of big names down the years such as Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, and Aston Villa. Nobody is immune from relegation and, right now, this Gunners team is playing like a side that is doomed. It's now 6 league games without a win for Mikel Arteta's men and this is their worst start to a season after 13 league games since 1974/75. Arteta himself has only managed 13 wins in his 33 league games in charge of the club. The 1-1 draw with Southampton offered hope that things could start to turn around but time is running out. Granit Xhaka and Gabriel are both suspended so it'll be interesting to see what changes Arteta makes.

If you want to talk about teams that have a hoodoo over other teams then you need look no further than Arsenal and Everton. The Gunners have won more games against the Toffees than against any other opponent in the Premier League. Everton have also managed just 2 wins in their last 12 league games against Arsenal. That said, Everton have kept clean sheets against Arsenal in their last two meetings at Goodison Park. I feel this could be another win for Everton. I just can't see this ending well for Arteta. His past working relationship with Pep has saved his job until now but even that won't save him forever.

Everton to Win @ 2.74 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.95 with Novibet

Newcastle vs Fulham

The final game of the day in the Premier League on Saturday is the 8pm GMT kick-off between Newcastle and Fulham at St James' Park. Both of these teams are in need of a win with both situated at the wrong end of the table. The home team are still recovering from the coronavirus outbreak that hit the team a couple of weeks back and they face an away side that appear to be slowly adapting to the demands of the top flight.

Newcastle are getting back to full strength after suffering the fallout of the covid-19 issue that hit the squad over the past few weeks. Steve Bruce claims 5 players are still not fit to start for his team but he's got the crux of his best team available. The Magpies are in 14th place but still closer to the Champions League qualification places than the relegation spots. 3 wins and 3 losses from their last 6 league games sums up their inconsistency this season. Home form has been decent though with the team looking to win their 4th home game in 6 matches. However, their defence is still being criticised with the club not keeping a home clean sheet in 10 games now. One interesting stat is that their recent record immediately before Christmas is decent with the club having won each of their last 5 league games directly before Christmas Day. Callum Wilson is also certainly one to watch having scored 7 goals in his 11 league games for the Toon Army this season.

Fulham have done well over recent games to pick up some much-needed points. Unfortunately, Scott Parker's side remain in the bottom three in 18th place. Just 1 loss from their last 4 league games shows the Cottagers are beginning to adapt to playing at this level. Those results and performances have been even more impressive given the fact they've come against Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Brighton. Away form does remain a problem that has transferred from their last spell in the top flight with Fulham losing 22 of their last 27 away league games at this level. They have also won just 4 of their last 25 Premier League games played in December.

I have written Fulham off all season so far and even though they've done well recently I still feel that picking up such points but remaining in the bottom three could sum up how they'll fall short this season. Newcastle have the potential to get results against teams like Fulham and I think they will here. Wilson is such a key player for Bruce's team and he could be the difference maker in this one. I'll go draw no bet because I am wary of Fulham's improved recent displays that could see them grind out a point.

Newcastle Draw No Bet @ 1.91 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with Betfair

Brighton vs Sheffield United

The Sunday matches in the Premier League kick-off at 12pm GMT with two teams struggling at the wrong end of the table as Brighton play Sheffield United at the Amex Stadium. Neither team will be happy with their starts to their 2020/21 league campaigns so the urgency to get all 3 points in this one will be high. Can either team come away with the win though?

Brighton continue to toil in their efforts to string some wins together in the top flight this season. Graham Potter's side are now without a win in 4 league matches and it's seen the club remain deep down in 16th place and now just 2 points above the drop zone. Home form is still a worry for the Seagulls with no win in their last 10 home league matches. Defending set-pieces has continued to plague this Brighton team with the club conceding 10 goals in such a manner. Only Leeds have conceded more goals from set-pieces in the top division.

Sheffield United once again had that feeling of what could have been against Manchester United in midweek. Despite taking the lead and generally looking solid, United went on to lose 3-1. Goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale is coming under severe criticism for his performances in between the sticks. The Blades are still bottom of the table with just 1 point but I persist that the first win is coming. They just need some luck. Chris Wilder's side now have the unwanted record of the worst start to a Premier League season by any side. It's now 12 away league games without a win and they have lost the last 8 of those games. The club is now also experiencing a club record of 8 straight defeats in a row. Things are looking pretty grim.

If there was ever hope for Sheffield United to get that first win of the season in the league then this was it. They're up against a Brighton side that can't seem to win at home at the moment and have only won 1 of the last 10 meetings between the two teams. The last time Brighton beat Sheffield United at home was in May 1987. These two met last season at the Amex Stadium in the last league game before Christmas Day and it ended in a 1-0 win for United. Is it worth backing the unlikely? Do you know what? I'm going to take a punt on it!

Sheffield United Double Chance @ 2.25 with SportNation

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with BetVictor

Hi guys. Will try to pick the game Southampton-Manchester City today. The Saints have been really good so far this season , no one expected them to be where they are right now. But they absolutely deserve it , been playing really good and let a couple of more possible wins slip away from them( vs Man Untd 2-3  and last week vs Arsenal 1-1). Ralph Hasenhuttl is a very good coach and motivator, may be even better than Guardiola except he doesn’t have the funds to buy like Guardiola does. With that said I’m sure his team will be more than motivated to get something out of this game and the Saints will be hungry . On the other side side of the pitch Manchester City, a lot of expectations to finally put it in the right gear , but against this Southampton team it’s not gonna be that easy for them. But again who knows, Liverpool just dismantled Crystal Palace in a game that was expected to be a banana skin for them. I think the Saints have a great chance to get something out of this game , so my pick today is Southampton- Man City +1 @ 2.00 with Betus 

So another weekend of football is on us. Two or three things to note from this hectic schedule with games coming fast and faster.

1) Technical  will start to dominate work rate. Teams with technically superior players will dominate, as teams legs start to fade.

2) The big teams and big squads have a huge advantage. For example at Man United. Not much difference between McTominay and Matic, Shaw or Telles, Greenwood or Martial. 

3) It is far easier to defend than score goals, when the legs get heavy. I expect goals to dry up for most teams and would be leaning more and more towards under 2.5 goals than over.

Arsenal will get drilled at Everton. Everton coming off two great results, while Arsenal just look lost.

Getting ready for the Southampton Man City kick off. I expect a Saints win against a miss-firing City team. I really enjoy watching Oriol Romeu. Just so solid, never makes a mistake. I wish United would buy him. Danny Ings to find his scoring boots here.

Man United v Leeds. 

All the makings of a high scoring game here. United will probably concede, but I expect them to run out at least 2 goal winners, against such an open Leeds side. Leeds just play the most naive football. Way too open at the back. It plays perfectly into the fast break, Man United game. I would be backing Rashford to score here, and probably Fernades with a penalty. I like the 3-1, 4-1 scoreline and definitely the home win and over 2.5 goals here.

Edited by neilovan

1 hour ago, neilovan said:

So another weekend of football is on us. Two or three things to note from this hectic schedule with games coming fast and faster.

1) Technical  will start to dominate work rate. Teams with technically superior players will dominate, as teams legs start to fade.

2) The big teams and big squads have a huge advantage. For example at Man United. Not much difference between McTominay and Matic, Shaw or Telles, Greenwood or Martial. 

3) It is far easier to defend than score goals, when the legs get heavy. I expect goals to dry up for most teams and would be leaning more and more towards under 2.5 goals than over.

Arsenal will get drilled at Everton. Everton coming off two great results, while Arsenal just look lost.

Getting ready for the Southampton Man City kick off. I expect a Saints win against a miss-firing City team. I really enjoy watching Oriol Romeu. Just so solid, never makes a mistake. I wish United would buy him. Danny Ings to find his scoring boots here.

Man United v Leeds. 

All the makings of a high scoring game here. United will probably concede, but I expect them to run out at least 2 goal winners, against such an open Leeds side. Leeds just play the most naive football. Way too open at the back. It plays perfectly into the fast break, Man United game. I would be backing Rashford to score here, and probably Fernades with a penalty. I like the 3-1, 4-1 scoreline and definitely the home win and over 2.5 goals here.

Atrocious from Southampton. Slow, lethargic, no energy. Ryan Betrand and Nathan Redmond must be two of the worst players in the league. Utterly useless. Saints rubbish, and City a little better.

The last winning of Leeds against Manchester United at Old Trafford was in 2010 Leeds have won by 1 goal The goal have scored by Beckford Leeds have a player that looks like Beckford's name in the squad It is Bamford Also Beckford was 27 years old when he scored the goal in 2010 now Bamford is 27 years old based on that information I'll back Bamford to score and Leeds to win

On 12/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, Neubs said:

For the Saturday Games i also prefer the Home Teams - but without Newcastle. I think Saints and Palace can grab something here. Liverpool didn´t the best on Away Games at the Moment and Klopp also played with the same XI whole intensive 90 Minutes against Spurs. I like also Place Game against the Hammers.

Saints in great Shape at the Moment and they will be unlucky with the Draw at Arsenal. Now they Face a Guardiola Side who are grab only 1 Point against West Brom in Midweek. And i think times are gone, that Man City smashed a opponent after they have made a terrible Game in there last.

Arsenal on poor Form and i think things will not changed so fast at the Moment. Everton now with 2 massive Wins against Leicester and Chelsea. So i think they are on good Mood and Moral will be high.

Palace +0.5 @ 2.60 2/10 >unibet

Saints +0.5 @ 2.81 2/10 Pinn

Everton @ 2.53 3/10 Pinn

Fulham AHC 0 @ 2.04 2/10 >bet365

With only 1 Bet won yesterday it was a small Loss here for us. Impressed how easy this was for Liverpool at Palace.

19 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Firmino obliges (just as well for my fragile ego with so many goals scored). :)

For Man City I’m on Gundogan to score at 7 on BF but the better bet is 7/5 with PP for KdB to have a shot on target from outside the area. Or so my gut tells me, based on quick look while out and about. As short as 8/15 elsewhere.

The bet on de Bruyne obliges, maybe I should make all my selections while I’m outdoors! I ended up taking 3.35 on Firmino. Luckily I remembered to check if the bet was matched and decided to take the lower odds. I have a good track record of unmatched winners!

If I was taking 1 bet this year, it would be for WBA to stay up under Allerdyce. He is putting a "never having been relegated" record on the line here. He is pretty confident they can survive, or he would never have taken the job in the first place. Also, most of his earnings (not that he needs more) will come from survival bonuses, but it's not about the money at this stage. More a middle finger to those non-believers! 

Tottenham vs Leicester

Only just getting a chance to get this one up now after some family commitments had to be addressed last night as Wales was thrown into last minute lockdown... looks like my parents aren't getting the garden centre vouchers they wanted for Christmas! Anyway, it's Tottenham versus Leicester at 2:15pm GMT on Sunday afternoon at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Tottenham suffered a blow to their growing title aspirations last week with the late goal conceded against league leaders Liverpool but they remain in 3rd place and will be just 3 points off the top if they win here. As @thfc has rightly said, Jose Mourinho has set up this team to hit on the counter. All the pundits have said lately that Spurs are playing like a proper Mourinho team. They give you all the possession in the world and next minute you're 1-0 down. 7 wins from their last 10 home league games is a decent return and the fact that 20 of their 25 goals scored in the league this season have come from either Harry Kane or Son Heung-min shows how pivotal those two players have become to the way they play.

Leicester come into this game in 4th place but a victory here would move them into 2nd position. Brendan Rodgers has seen his side win just 2 of their last 5 league matches. The Foxes have kept their away form in tact though having won 5 of their last 6 league games on the road. Rodgers generally has a decent win ratio against Tottenham having won 6 of his last 7 meetings with Spurs. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for his record against Mourinho whom he has failed to beat in his last 7 meetings. It'll be interesting to see how their counter attacking play works against another counter attacking unit.

I think @thfc has hit the nail on the head here that Tottenham will adapt better to playing a fellow counter attacking side. Leicester have shown in recent weeks that they can be caught out on the counter. Their away record shouldn't be sniffed at though and it's going to take a very solid Spurs performance to get the win here. I do feel a home win is value for money though.

Tottenham to Win @ 2.15 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.08 with SBK

23 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Is it worth backing the unlikely? Do you know what? I'm going to take a punt on it!

Sheffield United Double Chance @ 2.25 with SportNation

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with BetVictor

:ok Despite the handicap of an early red card. Neither of my scorers obliged and that's me done in the LMS consolation comp!

Manchester United vs Leeds

An old rivalry is renewed for the first time in 14 years on Sunday at 4:30pm GMT in the Premier League when Manchester United host Leeds at Old Trafford. These two sides have experienced their fair share of ding dong battles down the years but have been separated by different divisions in recent times. Can the visiting team cause an upset against their prestigious hosts?

Manchester United have had their rough moments this season already including being knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are looking good in the league after a poor start. The Red Devils are in 7th place and just 1 point off the top four. It's now 16 points earned from the last potential 18 points on offer for United but they have only won 1 of their last 6 league matched played at Old Trafford. An unwanted club record beckons for Solskjaer's side with the team one game away from equalling a club top flight record of 8 games in a row of scoring 1 goal or less at home that has stood since 1920.

Leeds picked up a much-needed 5-2 win over Newcastle in midweek. Marcelo Bielsa's side had only won 1 of their last 6 league games before that match and it was a result that moved the team to 14th in the table. The Whites have continued to leak goals over recent games with 7 goals now conceded in their last 3 league matches. Patrick Bamford added another goal to his tally in midweek taking him to 9 goals in 13 matches for the club so far this season. It's also interesting to know that even though this is the first league season Bielsa has played against Manchester United he's already inflicted two defeats on them. These came for Athletic Bilbao in the 2011/12 Europa League campaign at the last 16 stage.

It's fantastic to see these two great footballing teams once again share the same pitch in a league game. The poor home form of Manchester United gives it an extra bit of spice now Leeds have returned to winning ways. I do feel that United's counter attacking style will prove effective against this high pressing Leeds team and it could end up being a game packed full of goals but should end in a home win.

Manchester United to Win & BTTS @ 2.80 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 1.91 with Betfair

19 hours ago, Terelelli said:

The last winning of Leeds against Manchester United at Old Trafford was in 2010 Leeds have won by 1 goal The goal have scored by Beckford Leeds have a player that looks like Beckford's name in the squad It is Bamford Also Beckford was 27 years old when he scored the goal in 2010 now Bamford is 27 years old based on that information I'll back Bamford to score and Leeds to win

Beckford used to wear No.9 Bamford wears No.9

Odds:6,50

West Brom vs Aston Villa

The West Midlands Derby between West Brom and Aston Villa is the final game of the day in the Premier League on Sunday at 7:15pm GMT at the Hawthorns. The home side will see a new manager at the helm after the sacking of Slaven Bilic with big Sam Allardyce being appointed as his replacement. Can he get off to a winning start at his new team here?

West Brom surprised a lot of people by confirming the news that Bilic had left his role as gaffer at the Baggies. The team had just pulled off an impressive 1-1 draw away to Manchester City but seemingly there was other stuff going on behind the scenes that led to that decision. Allardyce has been given the opportunity to save a club that is currently in 19th place and 3 points adrift of safety. The dark news is that no team has had less than 8 points after 14 league games and avoided relegation. West Brom have earned 7 points so far. Only 5 goals have been scored by West Brom in their last 10 matches which shows where the obvious problem lies. A little known fact is that Allardyce actually made one appearance for the club as a player back in 1989-91.

Aston Villa know this is a game they should be winning if they are to push on and build on the solid foundation they have had at this early stage of the season. The Villains are in 11th place and only 5 points off the pace of the top four with games in hand. Dean Smith has witnessed his team win 4 of their 5 away league matches this season and if they get at least a draw here it'll be the first time since their 2010/11 campaign under Martin O'Neill that they've reached 20 points after 12 matches. It's been back-to-back clean sheets for Villa in their last two games showing their solid defensive unit is back to its best.

At first glance, I was going to back Aston Villa to win this one but not only are West Brom undefeated in their last 8 home games against Villa in all competitions but the Allardyce factor is also a big thing to consider given he's only lost 1 of his first league games in charge of a Premier League team. I can see this being a tricky one for Villa but is it a club too far for "Big Sam"? Maybe. I think West Brom are worth backing for a draw here though.

West Brom Double Chance @ 2.15 with 888Sport

BTTS @ 1.82 with SBK