** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat - Monday 23rd Nov

It may not be the best day's racing but we get to see the chase debut of the Supreme novice Hurdle winner SHISKIN (1.25 Kempton). Apparently his schooling has been sensational down at Nicky Henderson's base at Seven Barrows and he's starting out in the very same race that Altior started his chasing career  in a few years back. Hes unbackable at around 1/6 but I cant wait to see him jump a fence.

Henderson can also take the first at Kempton with his Ascot winner CAPTAIN MORGS (12.50). Henderson always runs a good novice in this race and he has  Kim Bailey's Ajero to beat.

One trainer who is flying at the moment is Tom Symonds with 6 wins from his last 15 runners, he has a new assistant in former trainer David Dennis with him this season and an ex inmate of Dennis' is MR WASHINGTON (2.45 Ludlow) who was an impressive winner on his first run under Symonds's name at Chepstow and despite a 8lb rise looks the day's best bet.

MR WASHINGTON 2 points win @ 15/8 betvictor

7.15 Chelmsford - Big Time Maybe - 22/1

Quite an eye-catching jockey booking on this one tonight with Tom Marquand in the saddle for the first time on this 5yo gelding. Last 3 runs have been on the turf on various different ground conditions from soft to good to firm, he has been well beaten on all 3 occasions. Wouldn't be too disheartened by that though as he is clearly a better horse on the AW and his mark reflects that. His last run on the artificial surface was back in June when 3rd at Kempton over 5f (beaten 1.75 lengths) off a mark of 67. He also has a number of good runs to his name at this track with 3 placed efforts off marks of 74, 66 & 73; he runs off 65 tonight so should is clearly capable at this sort of level. He has also had wind surgery since his last run so hoping that the combination of that, a return to the AW and Marquand can spark some sort of revival.

No time for reasoning today unfortunately but mine for this afternoon - all prices Bet365:

12.25 Ludlow - 1pt e/w Kakamora @ 12/1

12.40 Musselburgh - 1pt e/w Lord Conti @ 28/1

1.15 Musselburgh - 2pts win Ardera Cross @ 9/2

1.50 Musselburgh - 1pt e/w Dubai Days @ 7/1

2.35 Kempton - 2pts win Generous Day @ 5/1

2.45 Ludlow - 1pt e/w Whoopsey @ 15/2

4 hours ago, The Brigadier said:

It may not be the best day's racing but we get to see the chase debut of the Supreme novice Hurdle winner SHISKIN (1.25 Kempton). Apparently his schooling has been sensational down at Nicky Henderson's base at Seven Barrows and he's starting out in the very same race that Altior started his chasing career  in a few years back. Hes unbackable at around 1/6 but I cant wait to see him jump a fence.

Henderson can also take the first at Kempton with his Ascot winner CAPTAIN MORGS (12.50). Henderson always runs a good novice in this race and he has  Kim Bailey's Ajero to beat.

One trainer who is flying at the moment is Tom Symonds with 6 wins from his last 15 runners, he has a new assistant in former trainer David Dennis with him this season and an ex inmate of Dennis' is MR WASHINGTON (2.45 Ludlow) who was an impressive winner on his first run under Symonds's name at Chepstow and despite a 8lb rise looks the day's best bet.

Prior to his race today he was 5/2 favourite for the Arkle without even jumping a fence. Ridiculous pricing if you ask me. I see he won today. How did he do? 

6 hours ago, The Brigadier said:

Nice :ok

Looks like you had a nose for that one ?

6 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I don't normally follow trainers as such but according to my statistics P Hobbs is the most profitable trainer in November and there are 2 selections that pass my other tests, both at Ludlow.

1.35 WILDLIFE WARRIOR 9/4

3.20 PILEON 13/8

Nice winner with WW Michael, I think that Pileon must have a problem, that’s two poor runs over fences now. Back to hurdles next I reckon 

5 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Prior to his race today he was 5/2 favourite for the Arkle without even jumping a fence. Ridiculous pricing if you ask me. I see he won today. How did he do? 

Trainer gave him 10/10. Was very impressive but how the bookmakers can shorten him is beyond me ??‍♂️ Saying that he could be very special. Worth watching Chris if you get a chance.

21 minutes ago, The Brigadier said:

Trainer gave him 10/10. Was very impressive but how the bookmakers can shorten him is beyond me ??‍♂️ Saying that he could be very special. Worth watching Chris if you get a chance.

Just watched it. Absolute joy to watch. Super star in the making I’d say.  Be interesting to see if the Irish have anything to take him on with as they usually do so well with the Arkle. Hopefully get lucky and get 5/2 on the day, but unbelievable for a horse who hasn’t jumped a competitive fence before. 

30 minutes ago, The Brigadier said:

Nice winner with WW Michael, I think that Pileon must have a problem, that’s two poor runs over fences now. Back to hurdles next I reckon

Ta. Perhaps there is some profit to be made with trainer stats. The problem is the relatively small sample size of data. Also a lot of the data is readily available, such as trainer course data, so may lead to these horses being over-bet. I will add it to my to do list.

23 hours ago, DanV89 said:

7.15 Chelmsford - Big Time Maybe - 22/1

Quite an eye-catching jockey booking on this one tonight with Tom Marquand in the saddle for the first time on this 5yo gelding. Last 3 runs have been on the turf on various different ground conditions from soft to good to firm, he has been well beaten on all 3 occasions. Wouldn't be too disheartened by that though as he is clearly a better horse on the AW and his mark reflects that. His last run on the artificial surface was back in June when 3rd at Kempton over 5f (beaten 1.75 lengths) off a mark of 67. He also has a number of good runs to his name at this track with 3 placed efforts off marks of 74, 66 & 73; he runs off 65 tonight so should is clearly capable at this sort of level. He has also had wind surgery since his last run so hoping that the combination of that, a return to the AW and Marquand can spark some sort of revival.

Unplaced and no excuses.