Going to have a bash at the 4 Class 2 handicaps

2 from each race - 24 EW Doubles @ bet365

225 Ascot: Vale Of Kent 16/1, Spanish City 18/1
300 Ascot: Dance Fever 7/1, Tell Me All 11/1
315 York: Silent Attack 28/1, Elwazir 7/1
105 Nmkt: Troubadour 16/1, Will To Win 20/1

Nap: 240 Y: Elarqam 9/4 bet365
Nb: 130 Y: Prompting 5/2 bet365

I love Australian racing and think in many ways it is better than the racing over here, however the one thing that is annoying about racing Down Under is track biases. I know they happen over here as well, but never as bad as in Australia and the Kensington track at Randwick was a disgrace last week. It even led one journalist on a Aussie website to say he was stopping betting before a meeting started because it was that bad. Basically if you were not up front you had no chance and that hampered the bets I put up last week. Hopefully we can get back to a profit on tomorrow's action which comes from Caulfield and Rosehill.

Caulfield R1 (3.00am)

No Say In It has had some terrible luck with the draws of late and added to that last time he had no luck at all in the home straight. He is drawn in 3 tomorrow which should allow him to settle closer to the pace and mean he wont have to go wide. He certainly has the form to land this.

No Say In It @ 9/2 with Bet365

Caulfield R4 (4.45am)

Persan is flying at the moment having won his last 3 and won 4 of his last 5 finishing 2nd on the other run. He looks really progressive and I think he can carry on winning. Right You Are who I put up last Saturday franked the form of his win two starts ago and stepping up to 2000m+ has seen him to great effect.

Persan @ 2/1 with Bet365

Caulfield R7 (6.45am)

I was kicking myself for not putting up Jungle Edge to win a couple of weeks ago when he beat Viridine because the ground went in Jungle Edge's favour. I argued that Viridine handles heavy ground as well which he does, but Jungle Edge is a miles better horse on it than he is on a sounder surface. Tomorrow looks like being a Soft5 and on that Viridine can reverse the form in my opinion especially over 1200m compared to 1100m.

Viridine @ 11/5 with Bet365

Rosehill R4 (4.30am)

I like the last 6 races on the Rosehill card betting wise. Roheryn looked really good when winning 1st up a month ago and he's been kept fresh for this contest. He was still in last place passing the 400m marker but he showed an electric turn of foot late on to score going away in the end. His last 400m was 0.63s quicker than anything else in the race.

Roheryn 8/5 with Bet365

Rosehill R5 (5.05am)

The ex UK horse Korcho won at a massive price for us a couple of weeks ago and I think he can win again on his 4th start in Australia. I thought he looked good in drawing clear from a solid yardstick in New Arrangement. He steps up in trip to 2400m for the first time and he didn't even go that far over here, but given how he won last time it looks like it won't be an issue at all, indeed he looks ready for it. There certainly looks like there will be more to come.

Korcho @ 19/5 with Bet365

Rosehill R6 (5.45am)

Travest was way too far back from a wide draw last time and was still in last past the 400m market. His last 200m though was the 4th fastest of the whole meeting and the form looks strong given the winner won again next time out. He is drawn in 2 tomorrow and that should see him being able to settle a lot closer.

Travest @ 13/5 with Bet365

Rosehill R7 (6.25am)

Good race this. Mugatoo had a great 1st prep in Australia and was 2nd to Young Rascal two starts back before being outclassed the G1 Tancred. 1500m 1st up though looks a bit short for him though so am leaving him alone tomorrow. I am going to take a couple against the field here. Order Again was 3rd behind Noble Boy and Taikomochi, but I think he can reverse the form. He clocked the 2nd quickest last 200m of the meeting in that contest having been held up to pretty much 100m out so he was flying at the death. That race was over 1400m so the extra 100m isn't going to do any harm either. The same can be said for the 4th home that day Dealmaker. I put him up when he won a couple of weeks and he will be better suited to this trip. He's running really consistently this prep and is capable of going close again.

Order Again @ 4/1 with Bet365

Dealmaker @ 7/1 with Bet365

Rosehill R8 (7.05am)

Prime Candidate maps to get an easy lead here and that could be crucial. Last time here over 1200m he was drawn wide in 10 and had a slowish start so had to do a bit of work to be near the lead. The other front runners dropped out of it, but he was able to stay there to only just be denied by Inanup. That followed a solid 1st up run when 4th behind Roheryn who hopefully will frank the form earlier on the card. He could be hard to catch.

Prime Candidate @ 11/4 with Bet365

Rosehill R9 (7.45am)

Prairie Fire looks worth an e/w bet here. He backs up after running a blinder of race on that dodgy Kensington track last week. He was one horse which did manage to run on from the back and passing 400m he only had 1 behind him and yet was beaten just a short head in the end. If he can repeat that effort a week late he surely has to go close.

Praire Fire @ 9/1 e/w with William Hill

Chiefof chiefs    2 25 ascot  1pt win @ 15/1  betfair 

Cold Stare  2 25 ascot  1/4 pt win  120/1 betfair

King of Comedy  2 40 york  1pt  win @10.5 betfair

Will to Win   1 05 new   1/2 pt win  @ 20/1 betfair

Sleeping Lion 5 20 Ascot  1pt win  @ 7/1 betfair

Great Ambassador  3 00 asc  1pt win @ 7/1 betfair

P/L Account =  + 114 pts

Edited by black rabbit
update

2 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

Fair enough . Why the low numbers overall? Really cannot see the point in 3-4 horse races. 

There's probably other races in Ireland, France and the UK that the middle distance group horses are being aimed at with the season condensed

But in general I think the King George is declining in importance. 

Certainly since I started watching in the 80s when it was the biggest race in the calendar except for the Derby and usually the Derby winner would run and take on the previous years middle distance champions

Not much time allowed for research today

One Trixie at £1.50 = £6 outlay

2.05 York Award Scheme £2 win at 9/4 (I'm assured by the experts that the horse can defy an 8lbs rise???)
3.00 Asc Tsar £2 at 9/4 - 7/4 for Trixie
5.10 Nm Baasem 7/4 (no win bet; trying a bit of variety on others; see below)

one Trixie = poss return of £75.02

Other win bets:

3.00 Asc Dance River £1 win at 17/2
5.10 Nm Charlie D £1 win at 11/2
5.10 Nm Nuits St George £1 win at 5/2 (Needs rain I'm told)

Multiples = £6

Singles = £7

= Total £13.

I was to free and easy going on my 50p bets yesterday.  I will tighten up on the criterion today.  Be back later this afternoon.

I just can't seem to get the 3rd winner for my trixies these days.  Anyway I at least got a double which paid £15.84 less £6 = £9.84 profit.  The balance c/Fwd on my multiples is now £649.67 (Bank £800).

I had three winners and one non runner on my singles today.  The return was £17.25 which meant a £10.25 profit.  The Balance C/Fwd is now £359.04 (Bank £400)

Quite a lot of good class racing tomorrow, I hope that I can get around to doing the analysis and having a few bets

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

5:20 Ascot Scaramanga 5/2. Dettori obviously a positive jockey booking and although Solo Saxaphone is in great form, it should be hard giving Scaramanga 9lbs.

Ran his race but laughed at by the 3 year old filly, I did wonder why she was so short in the betting ?, she goes int the tracker anyway.

Edited by yossa6133

2 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Easy quarter of a million pounds for Enable.

Yeah, it was a big disappointment but what a pleasure to see Enable cruise up on the bit and dismiss her rivals contemptuously

they were both group one winning horses and the ease with which she caught the front runner and sailed past was electric (if only for those couple of furlongs)