Racing Chat - Monday June 1st

135 Newcastle 

Mutasaamy could be anything .....yes won last race easily but that was poor affair and raised 8lb....could be progressive type to go on a run but 4/5 is risky .....I'd prefer ew bets on COTE DAZUR  and LITTLE JO ...both are capable all weather horses on their day and at 12 and 14/1 look good value ew

5pt ew both 

here is a little stat for a eachway single for the 17.05 Newcastle 23/1 WH and now here the stat

Jane Chapple-Hyam’s profit to a £1 level stake when having one runner at a flat meeting is £41.74 and her profit to a £1 level stake with horses running after a break is £51.75.

This is her sole runner on the card

good luck what every you do

32 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

I like the jockey too. The only downside is that it’s record fresh isn’t very good if I remember right.

Jim Goldie thinks he has improved and is well handicapped: 

Be Proud

'He's fine after a busy all-weather season. I gave him a break towards the end of the winter and he's a quite useful sprinter. He ran some good races at Newcastle, he handled the Tapeta there really well. I think he's pretty well handicapped as he's improved.'

He finished 2nd off 67 over 6f last time at Newcastle with a jockey i've never heard of so with Tudhope booked you would think this ready to do the business. I think anything like 4/1 is great value!

i'll probably back it... 

Edited by PunterPhil

25 minutes ago, PunterPhil said:

Jim Goldie thinks he has improved and is well handicapped: 

He finished 2nd off 67 over 6f last time at Newcastle with a jockey i've never heard of so with Tudhope booked you would think this ready to do the business. I think anything like 4/1 is great value!

i'll probably back it... 

I definitely see more positives than negatives. I’ve already backed him, so hopefully he does the business. 

2:10N: Bond's Boy

Fahey one of the leading trainers at the track and this must be his best chance of winner.  Ideally I don't want to see this drifting on Betfair above 6.0 as that would be a bad sign.

4:30N: Be Proud

Trainer Jim Goldie has stated he thinks he's well handicapped.  Tudhope booking a real positive because he has impressive stats at Newcastle.

5:05N Alignak    

Sir Michael Stoute has an amazing record at Newcastle (30 odd % strike rate). Murphy booked which is a positive. Timeform says:' open to further progress.''

Good luck everyone! 

Edited by PunterPhil

21 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

135 Newcastle 

Mutasaamy could be anything .....yes won last race easily but that was poor affair and raised 8lb....could be progressive type to go on a run but 4/5 is risky .....I'd prefer ew bets on COTE DAZUR  and LITTLE JO ...both are capable all weather horses on their day and at 12 and 14/1 look good value ew

5pt ew both 

Wasnt expecting that to win  but a nice start back !!

Hi there good day Saturday 1 25/1 winner 1 place 2 non runner £5.15

profit overall profit after 67 bets +£3.04

tampa bay

race 1 little Natalia 10/1

race 2 toolcat 20/1

race 3 vuyelwa 12/1

race 4 graycapade 16/1

race 5 olivander 40/1

race 6 drama an victory 12/1

race 7 jim’s Gold 25/1

race 8 holy cross 33/1

all bets 25p e/w good luck