Naps Competition - Tuesday Jan 2nd

310 Ayr

Titian Boy 4/1 bet365

Only two meetings, the AW card looks a minefield, I prefer not to do novices/maidens or bumpers so that leaves me with just 4 races at Ayr to look at!

I'm going to go with Titian Boy and take it that he needed his last run, his first after a 231 day absence. He had been in good form prior to that but finished last of 8 here over 2m5f. He reverts back to two miles and Brian Hughes is also back on board so the 4/1 looks decent value on a quiet day.

Newcastle 4.10 Newmarket Warrior @ 9/1 bet365 e/w thanks 

Newmarket Warrior.....from Iain Jardine yard the 7yo has been successful twice at 1m on the all-weather with both wins coming here with last win coming in October when he beat Jim Goldie's Thello by 1.75 lengths but the two race on from that here Thello got the better of Newmarket Warrior.

That last race was 27 days ago when Thello won by 5 lengths but has went up 9lbs to 77 ratings for today with Newmarket Warrior running off 71 ratings today and both are up in class 4 from class 5 when both won off the same 68 mark ,I am sticking with Newmarket Warrior as he's had the three runs since that win and good young jockey Oisin Murphy takes the ride who's had 5 wins from 12 runs in last 14 days

4.10 Newc

Alexandrakollantai @ 16/1 bet365        

Last two runs have been poor but one was in a class 2 and the other was over 1m 2f which is a trip he clearly doesn't get.  He's probably better judged on his run prior to those over CD where he was beaten by a Gosden 3yo 1/2L, that was off a mark 2lb higher than today, that day he gave current joint fav Waarif 2lb and a 4l beating.  Waarif is 4's the selection is 16's and the two meet on the same terms today other than Rowan Scott takes another 3lb off the selection!  His two runs prior to that were a second in a class 2 at Newmarket and another good run over CD (beaten less than 2l).