Naps Comp - Friday 22nd Dec

jinxy

250 Ayr

Echo Express 5/2 PP

Going to take on the favourite Charmant here as although all the experts are going on about how easy he won last time, lets get something straight. It was a weak race at Sedgefield on much better ground, he had 5 starts last year without looking like winning, an 8lb rise looks enough to make me worry about lumping on at 6/4.

I like Echo Express as an alternative, the Nicky Richards yard are in fine form and this horse was promising on his first run of the season when finishing second. He had won a bumper so has a bit of speed and it was no surprise the stiff Hexham track in heavy ground went against him last time, he stuck on well to finish 3rd but I reckon this test will suit him much better and could go well off his opening handicap mark of 108.

• BillyHills changed the title to Naps Comp - Friday 22nd Dec

Ayr 1.05 Nortonthorpelegend @ 5/2 bet365 e/w thanks

Nortonthorpelegend......from Rebecca Menzies yard the 7yo won once when at John Wade yard in novice handicap chase 2m 5f at Carlisle before coming to Rebecca's in November last year and has won another three chases from 3m to 3m 2f on ground varying from good to soft with two of those wins coming in same month he first came to yard and other win at start of this year,

He's had the three runs this season so far with last race 19 days ago at Carlisle over 3m (soft) he finished 2nd beaten a neck as he wandered right in the run in under Brian Hughes, The yard have cheekpieces on for first time which should help him concentrate and keep a straight line with Brian keeping the ride.