** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 2017/18 Ante-Post Bet Chat

uclodds.jpg

Right, the 2016/17 Champions League Final was a fantastic occasion. I spent Sunday down the fan festival with the family and it's already got me buzzing for next season's competition. Here are the ante-post odds for next season. At first glance, I find it staggering that Barcelona are equal favourites with Real Madrid. They will be bringing in Valverde as a new manager. It's a gamble. I would have priced the likes of Bayern Munich, PSG, Atletico Madrid, and Juventus lower or at the same value personally.

Keen to hear some early doors tipping from you guys!

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @LePapo, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @andrewcalo, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, and @WinningAdvice.

It's too early for serious tipps Stevie :lol

But on a first glance i would say that odds for Real Madrid to retain their crown are pretty decent.

For me Atleti are always a legitimate candidates,with Los Rojiblancos boosted by the news that both manager Diego Simeone and star forward Antoine Griezmann seems to be staying.
On the other hand - they transfer ban appeal has been rejected so they can't sign new players until January 2018. And without some fresh blood i doubt they can make it.
Particulalry with Real standing on their way,like they did in previous 4 years. 

Like i said - it's too early really for this kind of tipps and analysis. :cigar

Edited by DrO

I think that Atletico has the same problem as Barcelona. More or less the same lineup for several years, nothing has changed, same coach, same style,.. and in my opinion, lack of motivation as well. I think that Griezmann cannot improve in Atletico anymore and that it may be good for him to leave as soon as possible.

Otherwise.. I agree with you @StevieDay1983, Barcelona cannot be at the same price as Real Madrid. Especially not right now. 

Maybe there is some value on Manchester City.. but as @DrO said, it's probably too soon to talk about next season. I would rather see what will happen during the transfermarket first..

Edited by Pep004

17 hours ago, DrO said:

It's too early for serious tipps Stevie :lol

But on a first glance i would say that odds for Real Madrid to retain their crown are pretty decent.

For me Atleti are always a legitimate candidates,with Los Rojiblancos boosted by the news that both manager Diego Simeone and star forward Antoine Griezmann seems to be staying.
On the other hand - they transfer ban appeal has been rejected so they can't sign new players until January 2018. And without some fresh blood i doubt they can make it.
Particulalry with Real standing on their way,like they did in previous 4 years. 

Like i said - it's too early really for this kind of tipps and analysis. :cigar

:lol Nothing wrong with whacking our cocks on the table early in the evening... so to speak!

It's interesting because I don't think this Real Madrid side is in the class of the recent Barcelona and Bayern Munich sides that were so great but I think we can all agree they are easily the best side in Europe right now. Does that mean we are underrating this Real Madrid side or the competition from the other European giants just isn't as strong as it has been?