** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Monthly Naps Comp - Wednesday 10th May 2017

345 Newton Abbot

Virgilio NAP 100/30 Betfair
Dan Skelton's youngster has been running with great credit against some top horses and could have found a nice opportunity to finally get his head in front over fences. He was second to Clan Des Obeaux and then filled the same spot behind Royal Vacation and last time was 3rd to Might Bite at Aintree. His opening mark of 142 looks fair and with the yard in form I expect him go well here.

5.05 Chester: Class 4 Handicap, 7f

The final race of the opening card of the Festival - draw plays a big role at Chester, particularly over shorter trips. So going against the bias backing a horse from a wide draw is probably rather dumb.

I still do it. Reason is that I back bottom weight Fast Dancer here, who is drawn in eleven, but who is a hold-up horse and therefore might not  be quite as disadvantaged by the draw as a horse that needs to lead.

Though it is also true that being up with the pace is an advantage at Chester too, it also happens regularly that they go way to fast up on front with in turn opens up opportunities for those horse ridden more patiently.

Fast Dancer will rely on this fast pace and what encourages me most is his positive course record. Also he dropped to a mark that potentially undervalues his past achievements and therefore a race to suit should see him have a cracking chance here. 

Selection:
Fast Dancer @ 14/1 Bet365

Chester 3.35: Sir Chauvelin @ 20/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Sir Chauvelin....from my local trainers Jim Goldie who saddles this 5yo that's been on Hurdles, Flat Turf and AW winning on Turf three times from 1m 4f to 1m 5f on ground varying from good to firm to soft and twice over hurdles ,

Jim in last four races has been increasing the distance in every race and 11 days ago ran his last race at Ripon 2m good beaten a length by My Reward but young Sam James just didn't time his run as he was running on , Sam been in saddle last three runs in class 2 races and keeps the ride and another increase in distance