** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Weekend > 14th May

ligue1ratings.jpg

Monaco stand on the verge of their first title since 2000. They are 3 points ahead of 2nd placed PSG with a far superior goal difference. One more win would realistically seal the championship. Even if they lost all three of their remaining games, PSG would still need 4 points from their last two matches at least. It seems despite their defeat in the Champions League Semi-Final to Juventus, their season will end on a high.

However, they face a stern challenge in Lille this weekend. Victory would be a celebrated occasion but defeat would leave the nerves jangling for one more week! PSG must defeat St Etienne on the road to keep their hopes alive. Nice can enjoy their remaining two games knowing they gave the title race a good shot and can be content with a Champions League play-off qualification finish.

Behind them, Lyon and Marseille hold the edge in the race for the Europa League. An in-form Bordeaux are hot on their heels. The relegation battle is also wide open. Bastia realistically need to win both of their remaining two games to maintain any hope of staying up. They then also need to rely on other results. So it's looking grim for them. Nancy and Dijon are the two remaining teams in the automatic relegation spot and relegation play-off spot respectively. That said, the likes of Lorient, Caen, and Montpellier are still not safe.

What do you guys all think this week? @DrO@Icongene, @Pep004, @Pipoca, @FCNA, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @michaelwinsall, @rangers234, @DrBetter, @sajtion, @KikoCy, @Tanktop, @zemo91, @hairline, @mrclubbie, @clubgowi, @neilovan, @WinningAdvice, and @Lisandri.

I think Dijon are doomed. They just don't seem capable of grinding out results like shit like Bastia and Caan can somehow manage. 

If Lorient and Dijon go down this year it will be a travesty.

Also the banker of the weekend looks like over 2.5 Bordeaux v Marseille.

Edited by Icongene

On 5/10/2017 at 9:15 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

ligue1ratings.jpg

Monaco stand on the verge of their first title since 2000. They are 3 points ahead of 2nd placed PSG with a far superior goal difference. One more win would realistically seal the championship. Even if they lost all three of their remaining games, PSG would still need 4 points from their last two matches at least. It seems despite their defeat in the Champions League Semi-Final to Juventus, their season will end on a high.

However, they face a stern challenge in Lille this weekend. Victory would be a celebrated occasion but defeat would leave the nerves jangling for one more week! PSG must defeat St Etienne on the road to keep their hopes alive. Nice can enjoy their remaining two games knowing they gave the title race a good shot and can be content with a Champions League play-off qualification finish.

Behind them, Lyon and Marseille hold the edge in the race for the Europa League. An in-form Bordeaux are hot on their heels. The relegation battle is also wide open. Bastia realistically need to win both of their remaining two games to maintain any hope of staying up. They then also need to rely on other results. So it's looking grim for them. Nancy and Dijon are the two remaining teams in the automatic relegation spot and relegation play-off spot respectively. That said, the likes of Lorient, Caen, and Montpellier are still not safe.

What do you guys all think this week? @DrO@Icongene, @Pep004, @Pipoca, @FCNA, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @michaelwinsall, @rangers234, @DrBetter, @sajtion, @KikoCy, @Tanktop, @zemo91, @hairline, @mrclubbie, @clubgowi, @neilovan, @WinningAdvice, and @Lisandri.

My Instincts from study:

Nice - 1

Nantes - 1x... Can be a straight win. Nantes to hit 50 points to close the season

Bourdeaux - HWTN - No.... Likely, GG

Before last weekend I thought Caen were in trouble. They had gone 8 games without a win but last weekend's victory has pretty much saved them. Lorient's 4-1 win against Lyon and 5-1 win over Metz shows how good they can be but it's the consistency issue. I think the fact Nancy have lost 7 of their last 10 shows they can't grind it out. @Icongene makes a good point about that being an issue for Dijon as well. Lorient have a tough task though. They face a Bastia side that have only lost 4 of their 17 home games this season. A draw might be a good shout there. Bastia have drawn over half of their home games after all.

Another bet is on Rennes +0,75 who I think is too big underdog in Caen. Odds are short on Caen, especially because bookmakers know that people are in love with "must win" bets at the end of the season. But guess what, someone will need to be relegated!

Whole analysis here: http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/france/ligue-1/caen-rennes-IueVXlCE/#ah;2;-0.75;0

Big difference between teams, Lyon 4th, Montpellier 15th, big difference in quality of players as well and except home pitch, which is far from a "fortress" this season (1 win, 1 draw and 3 defeats in last 5 home matches), I cannot find not even a single thing which would be pointing on Lyon defeat today. As I said before LE match, they are doing too many mistakes in defence, but that's happening when they are under pressure. Will Montpellier press them? I am not sure. Will Lyon press Montpellier? Yes they will.

Whole analysis here: http://www.fa-p.eu/2017/05/montpellier-lyon.html