** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

May 8 - May 14

Hi Guys,

Two matches from me today:

Johanna Larsson - Francesca Schiavone: Schiavone @2.25. 
For me Schiavone is the better player on clay. She recently won against Larsson in Bogota (7:5, 6:4), and has two wins against Larsson on clay. What worries me is that Schiavone has a lot of matches recently - 10. 5 matches in Bogota and 5 in Rabat and she has to travel from Morocco to Madrid. However, I think she is going to win here.

Caroline Garcia - Qiang Wang: Over 21.5 games @2.10
Caroline still didn't play on clay this year, also for the past year on clay she has 7:7. I think she is more focused on doubles with her partner Kiki Mladenovic. On the other side Wang is not shining on clay but she is a fighter and can upset Garsia or at least take a set.

Good Luck! :ok

Hi guys,

I'm 0-2 from yesterday, but let's see today :)

A.Sevastova - Ka. Pliskova: A.Sevastova + 3.5 hendicap @1.8 / Sevastova to win @2.5

Ka. Pliskova is very tall and slow for this surface. She had a lot of luck against Tsurenko, and only Tsurenko 1st serve and unforced errors were the reasons Pliskova to continue. I don't think she will has this luck against Sevastova.
Sevastova is playing good tennis on this surface, also she is a fighter and I believe she can take this match or a least can win with hendicap.

G. Dimitrov - P. Kohlschreiber: Kohlschreiber to win @2.2
Grigor..... our boy :) A lot of up and downs again this year after Australia and Bulgaria journey. Last year he has 4:5 on clay, and this year lost against Struff in Monako for his 1st match on clay. Definitely he has to improve his game on this surface, he has a lot of variety in his arsenal, and I think he cannot choose what to play and in what moment to play it. On other side Kohlschreiber is a big fighter, he has 5 out of 7 titles on this on this surface and he know how to play on clay.
I think it will be tough for Kohlschreiber but I think he can win here.

Also you can try with small stake : G. Dimitrov to win the 1st set and lose the match @8.0

On 7. 5. 2017 at 9:44 AM, shikovd said:

Hi Guys,

Two matches from me today:

Johanna Larsson - Francesca Schiavone: Schiavone @2.25. 
For me Schiavone is the better player on clay. She recently won against Larsson in Bogota (7:5, 6:4), and has two wins against Larsson on clay. What worries me is that Schiavone has a lot of matches recently - 10. 5 matches in Bogota and 5 in Rabat and she has to travel from Morocco to Madrid. However, I think she is going to win here.

Caroline Garcia - Qiang Wang: Over 21.5 games @2.10
Caroline still didn't play on clay this year, also for the past year on clay she has 7:7. I think she is more focused on doubles with her partner Kiki Mladenovic. On the other side Wang is not shining on clay but she is a fighter and can upset Garsia or at least take a set.

Good Luck! :ok

Welcome to the forum, please post your picks to related date. These picks should be in previous week. GL, hope u'll be in profit here

2 minutes ago, tomagio said:

Welcome to the forum, please post your picks to related date. These picks should be in previous week. GL, hope u'll be in profit here

Thank you tomagio! Yes, sorry about that. Didn't noticed the dates ;) 

Mannarino @1,63: he has a 6-1 record on clay this year. Donaldson picked up as lucky loser.

Escobedo @3: I think he has more chance than the odd suggests. Especially a bet against Lopez, who can't convince me this season.

Suarez Navarro @2,14: After a dissapointing beginning of the season, she is playing better and better. Wozniacki also had a difficult first match. For me chances are 50-50.

I like the tips on Tsonga and Doi. 

My contribution is Karlovic. The giant is very impressive. He totally changed tactics, and now is almost impossible to break him. He continues to serve as a monster. In addition, he moves very quickly to the net, destroying all plans of the opponent. He reacts exceptionally well on the net with top efficiency. I rate him as a champion candidate for the up coming Wimbledon. Today i am on small stakes on him to beat untrustworthy Dimitrov.

Fabulous odd  @ 3.50 offered by Bet365

good luck!

Going with 4 folds today:

Djokovic, Nadal, Halep and Dimitrov 1,96 +10% on winnings @bet365

They are all simply better than the opponents... Dimitrov won TieBreakTens and he will need thos tiebreaks to win against Karlovic, but I agree on Karlovic to go far in Wimbledon! :)

3 minutes ago, ejmali333 said:

Going with 4 folds today:

Djokovic, Nadal, Halep and Dimitrov 1,96 +10% on winnings @bet365

They are all simply better than the opponents... Dimitrov won TieBreakTens and he will need thos tiebreaks to win against Karlovic, but I agree on Karlovic to go far in Wimbledon! :)

I suppose they all look good as they normally would before a match. Just a bit worried that combined, they look too suspiciously easy. I strongly think there is a loser in waiting between the Halep or Djokovic pick, or perhaps both. Still, good luck anyways!!!

I don't bet on tennis very much. Last night I had a bet on Cibulkova and watched the match from time to time. That girl Dodin that played against her was far superior and I was pretty much ashamed that I haven't heard about her yet. To those who follow tennis on a dailly basis, I have to ask on opinion about Dodin. Could she be the next big thing in tennis or Cibulkova just had a bad day

I'd say the latter. Not a bad day even, she's just in no form whatsoever and Dodin wasn't missing anything yesterday. My opinion on Dodin is that she can be dangerous here and there, but not in the long term - she can be backed as the underdog, but she's not very consistent, so expect her to lose quite often when she's the favourite.

Can't believe i am typing this but still Ferrer to beat Nishikori holds value to me.Ferrer,as it has been poitned out,is an aging force and can't rely on his speed and extreme resiliance anymore but still had a good start against Kukushkin.He should've been out already if Tsonga didn't retire but that's how tennis is.Nishikori had a relatively good start to the season but an injury took him out for a month or so and his fitness is still very questionable.He was very close to get defeated by Schwartzman but somehow managed to get out of his grip.Anyway i think this game will  be between 2 players who are not  at their best and fatigue could play a major role.I think the Spaniard might edge it eventually if he stays focused and competetive as longer as he can and push him all the way to the 3rd set Ferrer to win @ 3.50 with bet365

Dimitrov to win a set vs Thiem @1,66 @pinnaclesports

Ridiculous odds, Dimitrov lost 2:0 only once this year (Pella in Miami) that is 1 match out of 25 played...

Bouchard to win a set vs Kuznetsova @1,84 @pinnaclesports

Im just feeling this match, I even say Biuchard will win :)

3 Folds -> Djokovic, Nadal, Halep @bet365 2,12 +7,5% on winnings

I know the surface in Madrid is fast and that suits Lopez Kyrgios and Coco, but those three guys are just to good on clay, Halep and Nadal clay experts, they should both win 2:0 at 1,90...

Edited by Guest

My main pick today is Paire @2,17

He is doing very well so far, winning against Carreno Busta and Wawrinka, while Cuevas had some problems against Mahut and Bellucci. Furthermore he has a 3-0 (H2H) record against Cuevas without dropping a set.

Other bets: Coric +5.5 games, Kyrgios, Sevastova and Bouchard.

3 minutes ago, ejmali333 said:

I like Paire as well, but you never know what will happen with him :) I will most probably take him as well...

@CzechPunter It will be close, just around 5 games for Nick :)

I understand the temptation to take Paire, is great but I still think it should be treated with caution. Yes granted that Paire has a better h2h record over Cuevas, however Cuevas is still the most reliable one on the surface and the one with more talent. He is also Ranked ahead of Paire. I read the argument made against Cuevas which said he struggled against Belucci and Mahut? I would not exactly call that a struggle as both of those opponents were credible. First Bellucci has already had some decent games on clay and has respectable form. We also know that any player in the class of Mahut Karlovic and Herbert, who play unorthodox games on the surface by charging at every ball, it can be hard work to beat them. So Cuevas actually did well. I am not saying in any way that Cuevas will win, I am just pointing out that considering his pedigree he can not be a dead certainty to lose. In fact, the h2h record is more reason to be cautious. I will take Coric total games over 20 as a better alternative. I say this believing that Coric will come close to winning a set for sure. Good luck all!!

11 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

How come I always back Kyrgios in the wrong matches where he switches off? I also had him against Seppi in Melbourne ffs :loon.

TennisThread.png

You seem to be giving Kyrgios credit saying he switched off.......or did you mean "was switched off". That is what an in form Nadal does to people!!

Such a good week so far :) Main bet is:

3 Folds -> Thiem Nadal Halep 1,85 +7,5% on the winnings @bet365

Thiem just loves the clay court, even thiugh it is so strange because of the fact that he loves to strike every ball hard, from both sides... I guess he has more time to go for those kind of shots and that suits him... I will not waste time with Nadal and Halep, they will both win this tournament, period. :)

I was thinking about Cuevas, but I do not like to beat against youngsters... Some nice ITF matches -> Gjorceska, Haddad, Garcia-Perez... :) 

Kwon is at 1,7 right now (4:5 and he is serving for 5:5) and he might lose the set, because he wasted to much opportunities for a break in the first set :) The the odds will be juicy, waiting for that to happen...

Cavalle - Reimers vs Garcia Perez

I very much like the way the competition at Monzon has been progressing, and you bet I have been watching with my eyes peeled. I tend to be more attentive in this short period before the French Open begins, because it helps to give one insight nto the qualifiers and first round matches which is where I have made my money over the years. Reimers and Perez are two young girls who know themselves very well in that they have already met three times with Reimers wnning two but most importantly Perez winning the most recent.

I strongly believe that Reimers has been the more clinical of the two especially looking back to the way she despatched the big-serving broady. This has the feel of a three setter that I see Reimers winning. If you are a wise investor like me, you will go Reimers to win a set Paddypower 4/6. Good luck!!!