** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

May 8 - May 14

Coric Vs Thiem

This certainly is the game of the day with two of the best young talents available today in the men's game with a contrast in styles. Thiem on clay is the Barcelona of mens tennis, whilst Coric is the Juventus equivalent. So on the face of it we should expect a mouth-watering cat and mouse game with a full exhibition of shot making and intensity. Trust me when I say that I have been looking into this game with keen interest over the last 24hours.

What I have observed round the the internet and among tennis afficionados forecasting this match is a uninanimous agreement by all that Thiem will be too much of a handful for Coric who is certainly not quite adept on this surface like Thiem is. Coric really has not right to be here considering he was beaten earlier on in the qualifiers and later reinstated as a lucky loser. Sometimes in life that may be all one requires to becomes a lucky winner. It is all about taking opportunities.

I do not care what anyone says. Once there is a player still involved at this stage of a tournament who has not dropped a set, he needs to be put on close watch. I say this in reference to his transformation since being reinstated. Secondly anyone who beats Murray the way coric did, has to be taken very very serious. The two players have met once on hard court in 2017, Coric winning that once easy in two sets 6-1 7-5. So we know the aggressive style of Thiem will not faze Coric once he can settle down to some sort of rythym. I really think the difference between the two players for now is that Coric is a man in a boy while Thiem a boy in a man. This brings me to the crunch factor.

Coric bases his game similar to the backboard style of Murray and Simon backed up by a steely mental resolve to outbattle the opponent by keeping an even temporament. Thiem is confident, aggressive, and dominating and can easily get frustrated when things do not go his way. This will be tough, but better still opens up an avenue to make good profits.Certainly over 21.5 games. But my pick here is Coric to win a set evens @ paddypower. Good luck!!!

Though matches today, Halep should win but these conditions are perfect for Mladenovic, quick clay court surface... So I will have to avoid this match. I think we could se the same final in RG :)

Nadal win win today because is he is simply unbeatable on clay again.

From the rest of the field, I rate Thiem 2nd best after Nadal right now on the clay, but Cuveas... I hate him because I bet against him so much but to be honest he is a quality clay court player.

Rome qualies -> Almagro and Bedene

They are a few classes above their opponents today. :) 

I also took Haddad @1,83 to beat Kovinic yesterday, but odds went down to 1,44 and now back to 1,57... There is no value in 1,57 but if you can get her live at 1,8-2,2 or something that would be perfect :)

3 Folds -> for small stake, Nadal Almagro Bedene @1,85 +7,5% on winnings @bet365

Some big odds that I like in Rome today.

Back Renzo Olivo to beat Aljaz Bedene at 4.50 with Skybet

In terms of form, Bedene takes this hands down - but the quality difference between the two surely isn't as big as the odds suggest. Olivo is always a live underdog, so I'm happy to chance him at 4.50.

Back Denis Istomin to beat Jan-Lennard Struff at 3.75 with Skybet

The slowish Rome conditions shouldn't really suit either player here, but it's the price that's caught my attention. Istomin is no slouch and Struff is a guy with plenty of dips in form, so it doesn't make much sense to me to have the former as a 3.75 shot here.