Monthly Nap Comp - Monday 19th Dec

Ayr 2:30 Maggie Blue

Maggie Blue....from Mrs Harriet Graham  yard going with this one as wife's name Maggie the 8yo is a C&D winner in fact the 8yo has won four hurdle races from 3m to 3m 1f on good and good to soft ground, The yard gave her a run 44 days ago at Kelso 3m2f good to soft after her summer break she finished 4th where she weakened at last which was 3 out because of the sun other two hurdles where left out so we had long run in losing by 47 lengths at least its blew the cob webs off and I expect she'll come on for that workout,

Jockey Callum Bewley keeps the ride and gets a 3lb allowance

2.15 Chelm - Kingofmerrows - win at 7/2 bog betvictor

2yp maiden over 6f

My selection is the top rated of those that have been given ratings

There's a few here that have had 4 or 5 chances and are still maidens so it doesn't look too hot. My horse is one of those and is probably flattered by his OR of 78 but then if he running in a nursery off 78 he'd probably be running against better horses so maidens look his best chance

The current favourite looks a similar level to mine but I'm slightly put off by him being 'unlucky in running' last time out ........hampered and had to switch. Some horses tend to make a habit of getting hampered because they haven't got the pace to get out of trouble or go through gaps .........so I'd want to see him not being unlucky before I pick him