** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Nap Competition - Tuesday July 5th

2.40 PONTEFRACT

SEMANA SANTA @ 11/2 Lads

Think this could be between the two at the top of the market, this one is better drawn which is important over the minimum at Ponty, he has also won over 6f which is an advantage over this still 5f. Unexposed having only had 4 runs to date but has shown a good level of form and may have been a little unlucky last time out.

Ponty 3.10 - Spirit raiser - win at 4/1 bog wm hill

Listed race for fillies and mares over 1 mile

Although this is Listed there's very little, if any, Listed or group form.......all of the viable ones have recorded handicap wins and failed to win when upped in grade

So I've been looking at their handicap wins and my selection comes out top having won off 98 whereas most of the others won off marks in the 80s. If this was a handicap based on last winning mark my horse would be giving weight to the others !

6.40 Brighton: Every Instinct @ 7/1 VC

Back from a break and still a maiden after five starts, though gelded in the meantime and upped in trip. Trainer has good record with this type of horses and Every Instinct may do better on handicap debut. 

Pontefract 2.40 Mr Orange @ 5/1 paddypower win thanks

Mr Orange......from P T Midgley yard the 3yo been a winner at 6f on good to firm ground which came at Thirsk in May this year where he made late burst in last 150 yards to clinch win by a neck , He's also found three 3rd place finishes and 5th place this season,

He last ran here over 6f only 16 days ago and comes back in distance today to 5f with Cam Hardie taking over in saddle for the first time , Mr Orange is also trying 5f for the first time

Ponty 3.40 - Fendale 10/1 Bet365 BOG

This horse is by no means a certainty as I am taking a punt on some back form from when he first joined this yard last season when running two big races at Thirsk and York. He was well below form in the Ayr Gold Cup which is a race I am always happy to forgive a poor run and likewise he was below form on his return on soft ground  23 days ago. He has plenty of room of this mark if all is well and in truth this isnt the strongest race either, depending on whether the favourite confirms his LTO form.