Monthly Naps Competition, Friday 15th

15.30 Newbury - Caspian Prince (11/2) 1 pt Win B365

Tight race but I think there's a marginal amount of value to be had on Caspian Prince. His win at York last year is a solid piece of form, and he's ran well since in Gp3 and Gp1 company. Been contesting some hot races in Meydan over the winter but this is more his level, and provided he handles the ground, he should be thereabouts.

Tissue: 3/1 Move In Time, 4/1 Monsieur Joe, 9/2 Caspian Prince, 5/1 Dutch Masterpiece, 6/1 Humidor, 20/1 Green Door.

Edited by mattyrobinson

Ayr 4.15 - Monbeg River - win at 9/4 bog PP

Handicap chase of just under 2 mles, class 3

My horse has been improving quite rapidly since going chasing this season and has gone up 22lbs in the weights

Finished 2nd last time after a 4 month mid season break and with that run under his belt can resume progress. He's a CD winner who seems to act on any going

He's currently joint favourite with Notnowsam but I reckon that one is an iffy stayer and might be best on better ground on a sharp track

Silk Hall is a maiden over fences at 10 years old and after 8 runs. He's flat bred and might not be a natural chaser.......he also appears to be in decline and hasn't won for nearly 3 years. On his hurdle form he'd have a good chance but he's risky

The other two might find this a bit sharp

3:55 Fontwell : Snippetydoodah @ 16/1 betway e/w thanks

Snippetydoodah.....from Michael Roberts yard the 8yo only had the six runs in 3 years and has still to find a place finish although last race some 19tn days ago she did finish 4th beaten 13 lengths at Plumpton 2m 4f soft where she had a mixed bag in running was bumped at first then was up with leaders dropped away then finished well and was running on to take 4th place and first handicap mark 88

The yard tried the hood twice with that last race 2nd time had it on they go again with hood but this time they add tongue strap for first time and the extra distance for first time could be the answer to the problems they 've had , She has her handicap mark cut to 83 and Tom O'Brien returns to take ride

8.35 Dundalk - Runmhar e/w @ 12/1 Ladbrokes

Lynam's tend to improve a ton for the run so the expensive filly The Tulip demands the utmost respect but she is best priced 2/1 and I would rather get 2.4/1 to place on Bolger's Runmhar. Her debut form very much entitles her to win a maiden especially one at Dundalk but she was disappointing at Leopardstown on her reappearance. The ground was awful though and given she has a dirt pedigree it's possible she just didn't go in the ground. She has to prove her last run was a blip but at a double figure price I'll take a chance as her debut form entitles her to be one of the favourites for this.

Just now, arsenalfh said:

8.35 Dundalk - Runmhar e/w @ 12/1 Ladbrokes

Lynam's tend to improve a ton for the run so the expensive filly The Tulip demands the utmost respect but she is best priced 2/1 and I would rather get 2.4/1 to place on Bolger's Runmhar. Her debut form very much entitles her to win a maiden especially one at Dundalk but she was disappointing at Leopardstown on her reappearance. The ground was awful though and given she has a dirt pedigree it's possible she just didn't go in the ground. She has to prove her last run was a blip but at a double figure price I'll take a chance as her debut form entitles her to be one of the favourites for this.

Just a heads up BH that price has changed while I was typing.