Monthly Naps Competition, Thursday 14th April 2016

Cheltenham 4:10 : The Eaglehaslanded @ 14/1 bet365 e/w thanks

The Eaglehaslanded.....from Paul Nicholls yard the 6yo has won two hurdle races, a NH flat race and a point-to-point from 2m 1f to 3m on good to firm and soft ground, He comes here after pulling up 60 days ago at Exeter 2m7f Heavy where he made a mistake at 7th and was never in race after that with Sam Twiston-Davies PU before last , The yard gave him plenty of time to recover and yard are having blinkers on for first time and better conditions could be a plus with Sam keeping the ride as he had a choice of three Nicholls runners in race

2.00 Ripon - Yes You @ 14/1 Stan James

This 2 year old maiden is headed by a Johnston filly but I think his juveniles are quite overrated in the market these days. The other trainers at the top of the market also look taking on although Benidiction must be respected for Ann Duffield. At the prices I prefer Yes You for James Given who had a fantastic year with his juveniles in 2015 and this speedily bred filly might be able to get involved at a big price.

3.55 Newm - Coulsty - ew at 12/1 bog bet365

Group 3 sprint over 6F

My horse has won at this level before and acts with cut in the ground. Arguably might be better over a furlong or so further but the uphill finish and slow ground could bring stamina into play

He's won on seasonal debut in each of the last 3 seasons so this could be the day to catch him