** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Comp Tues 15th Dec

chris34

1.00 Southwell

Small field but despite that no shortage of front runners and several last time out maiden winners.

Capelita hasn’t been seen for 3 months since winning a maiden over 7f at Kempton, not winning out of turn there but had chances in handicaps off similar and lower marks which has to be a worry here, also yet to try this surface. Demands respect all the same from this trainer over this course.

Noblest is another maiden winner but around here over 7f in what looks a weak maiden, makes handicap debut on what looks a harsh mark based on that but still room for improvement.

What Could She Be is another winner of a weak CD maiden, didn’t need to be at best to beat the tricky Nosey Barker. Handicapper has taken a dim view of that win and raised him 5lb which now looks harsh back in handicap.

Tigers Home looks to be the one to beat off bottom weight, she is going from strength to strength around here this winter. Only just held off revised mark last time out over CD, based on that looks several lb ahead of the handicapper at present having pulled well clear of the 3rd. Clearly remains unexposed and improving on this surface.

1pt win Tigers Home 9/4 bet365

S12.30 Signorina Roseina 12/1 Betvictor

This horses ideal trip is 7 furlongs and the run at this course last time out when staying on over 6 furlongs suggests this c&d could be perfect. The horse wasn't given the best ride that day and raced too wide so with a better ride under a different jockey, I could see this one going very close. Dropped a pound by the handicapper as well, this horse is surely overpriced at 12/1.

Southwell 2.30 - Coto @ 7/1 William Hill

Looks a really poor race with not a lot to like but this one stands out at 7/1. He's tumbled down the weights to a mark of 63 after finishing runner up to an Aga Khan colt at Bellewstown and a good 4th in a competitive handicap at Dundalk in the summer off 81. Things haven't gone so well since but this has allowed him to drop down to a very workable rating and interestingly the tongue tie goes on for the first time. Tyner had a winner at Leicester in May which was the last time he sent runners to England and I doubt he would be making the trip over if this one hasn't been showing anything at home.

145 Catterick: Captain Bocelli 7/4 Betfrd/PP

No point try to get too creative at Catterick today, plenty of southern raiders and pretty competitive stuff for a midweek fixture at this course.

Anyway, i'm concentrating on the novice hurdle and with the Paul Nicholls runner looking like one of his Div 2 horses its worth lumping on the Philip Hobbs runner Captain Bocelli. Was trained by Anabel Murphy for both of his bumper runs at Market Rasen earlier in the year and won the first of those at 40/1!

Was well beaten next time out but i'm sure he will have ben schooled well for his debut over hurdles for the Whateley's and can improve on that already decent level of form. Nothing from the Northern yards look too tasty although Return Flight is well regarded and the main danger may be Poulanassy who has already won a race for Evan Williams.

2.40 - Kempton - Red Stripes - 8/1 - Coral - BOG

This one is now just 2lbs above his last winning mark after being dropped 1lb for a good 3rd last time out in a Class 2 event at Lingfield. Drops into a C4 here off a lb lower and has the advantage of having Adam Kirby in the saddle for the first time. 

12.45 Catt - Hugh's Secret - ew at 40/1 bog PP

Juvenile hurdle

Don't really fancy any of the market leaders here and the obvious EW shots don't look up to much so I'm plumping for an unknown quantity making his racecourse debut

Nicely bred by Yeats out of a half sister to top chaser Azertyuoup

I'll readily admit it's a bit of a pinsticker but I'm struggling to find anything today