** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I'm sure that plenty of you are already aware of this but perhaps there are some who are not. Havingotascoobydoo is engaged in both the 2.05 at Kempton & the 2.15 at Wetherby with the Wetherby race stated as the first preference. Those nice bookie chappies have him in the Kempton event at 4/1 favourite so if he goes to Wetherby & you back the winner at Kempton before he comes out & I've just looked at the BHA site & he's still in both races, then you are going to get rule 4'd for 20p in the pound. I wouldn't have a bet in either race just yet on the off chance he turns up in West London & not West Yorkshire because the rule 4 at Wetherby would be 25p at his current odds. Rio.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

I'm sure that plenty of you are already aware of this but perhaps there are some who are not. Havingotascoobydoo is engaged in both the 2.05 at Kempton & the 2.15 at Wetherby with the Wetherby race stated as the first preference. Those nice bookie chappies have him in the Kempton event at 4/1 favourite so if he goes to Wetherby & you back the winner at Kempton before he comes out & I've just looked at the BHA site & he's still in both races, then you are going to get rule 4'd for 20p in the pound. I wouldn't have a bet in either race just yet on the off chance he turns up in West London & not West Yorkshire because the rule 4 at Wetherby would be 25p at his current odds. Rio.
Is there no deadline for declaring which race the horse will compete in? I've jut had a look on the BHA website and it doesn't look to have been declared a non-runner yet in either. i mean, we're 4 hours before race time and its around a 3 hour drive between the two courses?!?

Is there no deadline for declaring which race the horse will compete in? I've jut had a look on the BHA website and it doesn't look to have been declared a non-runner yet in either. i mean, we're 4 hours before race time and its around a 3 hour drive between the two courses?!?
You'd think so wouldn't you, it's up now on the BHA at 9.47, it's poor actually. Rio.

I'm sure that plenty of you are already aware of this but perhaps there are some who are not. Havingotascoobydoo is engaged in both the 2.05 at Kempton & the 2.15 at Wetherby with the Wetherby race stated as the first preference. Those nice bookie chappies have him in the Kempton event at 4/1 favourite so if he goes to Wetherby & you back the winner at Kempton before he comes out & I've just looked at the BHA site & he's still in both races, then you are going to get rule 4'd for 20p in the pound. I wouldn't have a bet in either race just yet on the off chance he turns up in West London & not West Yorkshire because the rule 4 at Wetherby would be 25p at his current odds. Rio.
Exact same thing happened last week with the McCain runner that was at Chepstow and somewhere else, can't remember the name but think it was top weight in one of the races, 25-1 in one and 10-1 in another. Was still in both races till late morning.

Exact same thing happened last week with the McCain runner that was at Chepstow and somewhere else' date=' can't remember the name but think it was top weight in one of the races, 25-1 in one and 10-1 in another. Was still in both races till late morning.[/quote'] Across the Bay ran at Chepstow & not Sandown, there would have been a rule 4 but not as much as the one today for Havingotascoobydoo, I could see no reason why Havingotascoobydoo was the 4/1 favourite last evening other than to stiff punters out of 20% of their winnings.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Variety Club won the Grade 1 Queen's Plate over 1.600m at Kenilworth yesterday and made it 6 wins in a row! He must be the best miler around the globe at the moment, looks simply unbeatable now. He had to overcome the widest draw yesterday (15), but he stormed out off the gates like a sprinter and took the early lead, set a decent gallop and found the extra in the closing stages when the other big guns tried to put the pressure on... easy win in the end. Absolute Brilliant! His record for the last ten starts reads: 1-1-1-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-1. Unbeaten in six, he won all the big 1.600m races, his rivals tried all to beat him in the last twelve month, take him on for the lead, try to make it a stamina test, try to beat him for speed... they have no answers anymore. And Variety Club's connections were never afraid to let him take on the best... they not duck away of big challenges as in contrast we see so often in Europe (VC is a 4yo colt). As the commentator said yesterday: This is poetry in motion...

Any ideas if they fancy bringing the horse to England in the summer do you know? Or to Dubai for the carnival?
Yesterday after the race there were thoughts of him running in the J&B Met over 2.000m in three weeks time but thankfully this won't happen as he wouldn't stay the trip in my mind. Connections want him to go to Dubai now for World Cup night. Derek Brugman, racing manager for owners Mrs I Jooste and Mr M J Jooste said: “We have sent a request to the Dubai Racing Carnival asking for special permission to go into quarantine so that he can run in either the Dubai Duty Free or the Mile.” Btw. an overseas campaign apart of Dubai is not so unlikely from what I heard, so he may come after the World Cup meeting to the UK then together with some of De Kock horses maybe, like Igugu for example. If he does you can be sure I'll be there to see him in flesh!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Lost count how many times the sportinglife put up wrong information. Punters going Wild at Kempton Franny Norton rides well-backed Wildomar at Kempton, - No he doesn't, A.Kirby rides. http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/8400169/punters-going-wild-at-kempton [TABLE=class: tbl t3 mobile-collapse]

[TR] [TD=class: ixt]17:15 16th Jan 13 [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] Kempton Park [/TD] [TD=class: ixt]1m [/TD] [TD]C5[/TD] [TD=class: ixt] California English (IRE) [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] M Botti [/TD] [TD] sui.gif 9/2 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: ixt] 17:45 16th Jan 13 [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] Kempton Park [/TD] [TD=class: ixt]7f [/TD] [TD]C6[/TD] [TD=class: ixt] Vitznau (IRE) [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] J Butler [/TD] [TD] sui.gif 100/30 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: ixt] 18:15 16th Jan 13 [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] Kempton Park [/TD] [TD=class: ixt]2m [/TD] [TD]C4[/TD] [TD=class: ixt] Wildomar [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] J Ryan [/TD] [TD] sui.gif 3/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: ixt] 18:45 16th Jan 13 [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] Kempton Park [/TD] [TD=class: ixt]6f [/TD] [TD]C5[/TD] [TD=class: ixt] Al Gharrafa [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] M Botti [/TD] [TD] sui.gif 7/2 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: ixt] 19:15 16th Jan 13 [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] Kempton Park [/TD] [TD=class: ixt]1m 4f [/TD] [TD]C7[/TD] [TD=class: ixt] Pass The Time [/TD] [TD=class: ixt] N P Mulholland [/TD] [TD] sui.gif 14/1 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just heard the very sad news that Generous has just died . He was a fantastic horse who won the Gr1 Dewhurst at 2 , Derby , Irish Derby and King George the last 3 with multiple Gr1 winning jockey A Munro aboard. He sported the colours of one of my favorite owners at the time Prince Fahd Salman who sadly passed away a few short years later. You will never be forgotten RIP.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread They shoot horses don't they ? No not a comment about the film , but what we have read in the media over the last 24 hours. Horse meat found in beefburgers !!! We all know that when some useless horses expire at the end of their racing careers they get sent to Europe to be sold for meat consumption or sent to the glue factory. Given what has just been exposed whats the chance some of us has inadvertently consumed a bit of Quixell Crosset or one of Brian Ellisons former inmates.

They shoot horses don't they ? No not a comment about the film , but what we have read in the media over the last 24 hours. Horse meat found in beefburgers !!! We all know that when some useless horses expire at the end of their racing careers they get sent to Europe to be sold for meat consumption or sent to the glue factory. Given what has just been exposed whats the chance some of us has inadvertently consumed a bit of Quixell Crosset or one of Brian Ellisons former inmates.
I was in the Tesco cafe yesterday,the waitress asked if I would like anything on my beefburger ...So I had a £10 each way

What do people reckon for tomorrows all weather cards? Cant see them being on after today and looking at the forecast for tonight. Shame as there's some decent races.
Lingfield surely won't be on if it wasn't today. Had a fair amount of snow down here, even if it all hasn't settled and I believe more is due.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just watched the 2.10 in ireland, and if that is Irish Racing...27 len turn around, thru a jockey trying to ride a sprint on a stayer...you should say.."stick it up your...." Absolute disgrace for not giving a horse its best effort. I dont touch the stuff, but it really should come with a health warning..Fav backers conned again. Well they couldnt let 3 win on the bounce, and the shortest of the lot, but way out in front on form, smashed in a 2 fur sprint.:cry

Do the BBC still have the rights to Royal Ascot and the sort? If so who will be presenting it from now on? Surely not big Balding?...
Nope all racing is now exclusively on C4. Balding is actually only contracted to do 44 days this year. Not sure if that's actually as a presenter or if it includes pre recorded interviews. I think I'd actually prefer Rishi doing the interviews as Balding's been very condescending in the past.