** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

I'd heard about that but first time I've seen it. Horrible to think an animal that is loved by owners, stable lads etc ends up in a place like this and gets that sort of treatment before death. You'd have to be mentally unstable and some kind of psychopath to work in a slaughterhouse though wouldn't you? I remember a documentary years back and the staff were all nuts.

I just can't take to Rishi Persad.
Currently rocking the potters leisure resort live on bbc2 at the indoor bowls champs. What pisses me off about the bloke is that it's blindingly obvious he has no knowledge of the sport and relies on the little earpiece he has in and autocue. Balding is not my cup of tea either but at least she does have some idea of what it is she's talking about.

So did I. I can't seem to find the rule though.
No, it's been a an age old widely used practice used to pull off gambles. Often the apprentice is declared sick just prior to the race and then the real pilot is revealed. If the rules have been amended recently, I have not read about it in the news.

I was in the Tesco cafe yesterday' date='the waitress asked if I would like anything on my beefburger ...So I had a £10 each way[/quote'] Well a few days after eating that burger I got the trots :eek After a visit to the docs he says Ive gotten over that hurdle and my condition is now stable, and thankfully Im odds on to make a full recovery. :ok

Hugh Taylor is a God :notworthy That is all...
He will be if they keep including his stake in his winning bets profits, 14pts more than he should have in Feb 2012 alone :eyes 14pts staked off the 56pts profit = 42pts when I went to school. overall staked 44 overall return 86 profit 42

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Back from Leopardstown. Fantastic day there, apart from the weather obviously (snow, rain, wind, sleet - we had it all!). Good crowd nonetheless considering the weather conditions and some great racing. The Fly was impressive, so were Pont Alexandre and Glens Melody Won a few quid myself, so in that respect it was a good day too. Have to say after a day at the races I always know why this sport is the best in the world. There is just nothing better than that. Nothing beats a day out at the races with a mates, pints (or coffee's today) and some great sport. The Fly after winning the Irish Champion Hurdle - what a superstar... hf2b.jpg

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Punting wise it was a disaster for myself but from a neutral point of view one can only be impressed with What A Winter's performance in the Grade 1 Cape Flying Challenge last Saturday! The trip is actually too short, he's usually best seen over 1.200m, yet he won in some style and easily in the end. But what a performance by the lightly raced 3yo filly Via Africa, finishing so well in 2nd. She is the future in the spring sphere, no doubt.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread It's the second time today Adam Kirby made very early moves and it didn't paid off. First time with Mary's Pet in the 2.35 (ran like a 5f). Nonsense imho considering the horse had all to win the contest. Second one with King George River in the 3.45 but that was a very interesting gamble (unlucky he got beaten by a nose). For sure he knows how to make a race interesting!

It's the second time today Adam Kirby made very early moves and it didn't paid off. First time with Mary's Pet in the 2.35 (ran like a 5f). Nonsense imho considering the horse had all to win the contest. Second one with King George River in the 3.45 but that was a very interesting gamble (unlucky he got beaten by a nose). For sure he knows how to make a race interesting!
Very possible he is following instructions, good days and bad days fella, funny game at times.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Top stuff Mickael Barzalona, winning on Sairoor the G1 King's Cup in a thrilling finish yesterday, the most important race in Saudi Arabia, while losing his whip 400m out and using his hands to keep the horse up to work! Btw. the commentator is amazing as well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5dBSFFn2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5dBSFFn2w

Top stuff Mickael Barzalona, winning on Sairoor the G1 King's Cup in a thrilling finish yesterday, the most important race in Saudi Arabia, while losing his whip 400m out and using his hands to keep the horse up to work! Btw. the commentator is amazing as well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5dBSFFn2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5dBSFFn2w

Think i prefer Simon Holt.

Isn't that race supposed to be a trial for the Dubai World Cup?
Heard that too, yeah... if you see how many top class jockey made it over there to ride in this race it's is probably fair to assume that it has some significance. Racingpost had an article up for the race as well, saying: "Often used as a final test for potential Dubai World Cup contenders, including Premium Tap who won this race in 2007 before chasing home Invasor in the world's richest race at Nad Al Sheba" http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/saudi-arabia-reigning-fly-down-the-one-to-beat-in-kings-cup/1196040/?utm_source=Racing+Post&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=Horseracing&utm_content=Betting#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread 80/1 shot Martial Eagle won the big Grade 1, the J&B Met, one of the two crown jewels of South African racing, at Kenilworth yesterday - the hot favourite Jackson was a huge disappointment, while the brave move of Piere Strydom on 2nd favourite Pomodoro to take up the lead 6f out didn't work out. The highly regarded filly Beach Beauty ran a huge race in 3rd: