** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I think Poitin is a massive each way price in the next at Lingfield, wasn't beaten too far by Horsted Keynes last November on the all weather surface at Kempton and then was stepped right up in class to The Pretty Polly Stakes at Newmarket which was won by Talent who won The Oaks on Friday.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

I think Poitin is a massive each way price in the next at Lingfield' date=' wasn't beaten too far by Horsted Keynes last November on the all weather surface at Kempton and then was stepped right up in class to The Pretty Polly Stakes at Newmarket which was won by Talent who won The Oaks on Friday.[/quote'] You got a good run for your money ! I thought it was going to win coming into the straight.................

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Why does nobody ever race near side over 5f at Sandown? From memory, I remember one race where a few ran near side, Ganas and West Coast Dream were two horses, Ganas wasnt beaten far and looked the winner about a furlong out. Is the ground really that much slower? I dont understand it.

Why does nobody ever race near side over 5f at Sandown? From memory, I remember one race where a few ran near side, Ganas and West Coast Dream were two horses, Ganas wasnt beaten far and looked the winner about a furlong out. Is the ground really that much slower? I dont understand it.
From a level start at the 5f .....the course on the near side rises by 14 feet from start to finish. With hardly no rise close to the far rail, I cant say that a plum middle line is 7 foot, i guess it varies...However on ground of Good/Firm, stats hold an even bias were fields are of 10 or lower, that falls over 10 runners, but there is a huge bias to low numbers on soft n very soft ground in this 10 runner bracket. HTH:)

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just a minor irritation but now that I've subscribed to RP membership I find that i have to constantly re-enter my Settings, sometimes twice a day...............you enter them, it invites you to 'Save Settings'..........then it saves them for a few hours before reverting back to default Why the hell can't it just save them until you change them.................:wall

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Superb ride by James Doyle on Niceofyoutotellme. If that was Hughes or Moore you wouldn't hear the end of it, yet nobody on Channel 4 mentioned how good the ride was. Last to first, superb.

Gerard Butler' date=' taking a break from the movie career to drug the horses. Didn't think the day would come, but that's it. I'm done.[/quote'] ​Yipp ​makes you wonder why we would want to bet on such corrupt sport, it needs a VERY big shake up with a ZERO tolerance for anything unusual.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Solwhit finished 2nd in the French champion hurdle yesterday Diakali (Mullins-Walsh) won the Juvenile champion race Must say though that i can't get too excited about the French jumps championships in the middle of summer...............:unsure

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Another Grade 1 win and another cracking performance from South Africa's star miler Variety Club! His 8th win in a row! He won the ultra competitive Rising Sun Gold Challenge at Clairwood in his preferred style from the front on Saturday, beating multiple G1 winner Beach Beauty in 2nd, and Durban July winner Pomodoro in 3rd. As usual the winning margin wasn't great but the outcome of the race never in doubt. This was his last ever start in South Africa. He'll be prepared for an international campaign. He won't make it on time to the Breeders Cup this year thanks to quarantine restrictions but has an official invitation for the Hong Kong Mile in early December. He'll be going with the De Cock horses then. A trip to Dubai is planned then, as well as Europe after that, with a career ending run at the Breeders Cup in 2014 if all goes to plan. He'll return then to South Africa to stay at stud. Really hope he comes to Europe. Would love to see him in flesh...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Breaking news on both BBC and ATR that legendary trainer Sir Henry Cecil has passed away at tha age of 70. Sad sad day for racing and responsible for the best horse I have ever seen in the flesh. RIP.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread A couple of years or so on from Fred's takeover and the Tote is still seeming not getting the push it needs. I guess from the lack of posts on the Tote that many of the regular members on here don't give it a second look. I know a few courses have started their own pool system but the majority of courses still operate the Tote. Not sure why it's in decline. Does he want to kill it off? Attracting the overseas market can be lucrative as many countries only operate a Tote system . The lack of liquidity sometimes result in freakish results : Wednesday Beverly 4.00 7 runners Winner...Copperwood 12/1 sp Tote win 5.7 (9/2 approx) Tote place 9.00 (8/1 !!! ) Would be interesting if they'd publish pool size information like some of their other exotic pools. As some of you know I like the Tote Trifecta when it swells up. However on average days the Trifecta can sometimes get only a little over £100 from the entire country !! Sort it out Fred!!!

A couple of years or so on from Fred's takeover and the Tote is still seeming not getting the push it needs. I guess from the lack of posts on the Tote that many of the regular members on here don't give it a second look. I know a few courses have started their own pool system but the majority of courses still operate the Tote. Not sure why it's in decline. Does he want to kill it off? Attracting the overseas market can be lucrative as many countries only operate a Tote system . The lack of liquidity sometimes result in freakish results : Wednesday Beverly 4.00 7 runners Winner...Copperwood 12/1 sp Tote win 5.7 (9/2 approx) Tote place 9.00 (8/1 !!! ) Would be interesting if they'd publish pool size information like some of their other exotic pools. As some of you know I like the Tote Trifecta when it swells up. However on average days the Trifecta can sometimes get only a little over £100 from the entire country !! Sort it out Fred!!!
As far as i know he still has not paid a penny towards buying it, maybe looking to get it even cheaper by running it down,,,I agree we must have the lousey(ist) pool system in the world. Now if he could link those wretched FOBT's in with the pool, im sure he would do it.

Has anyone purchased the RP Weekender Royal Ascot guide? If so' date=' any good and worth purchasing? Not sure if it's worth buying (I know it's only £2.99, but the RP costs enough as it is!).[/quote'] I found it very poor last year, re cycled information in the daily edition. 1 or two columns ok, but im leaving it out.:ok