Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May

Re: Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May 4.30 Leicester - Mary McPhee (16/1 BetVictor)1pt Win Looks a few points overpriced now that the Hills yard has begun to find a bit of form. She was outclassed in better races on her final two starts last year but the form of her maiden win offers more than enough evidence to lead me to believe that a mark of 75 is feasible. She ran respectably on her seasonal debut (and her first run on the AW) at Lingfield last month, being set a tough task after being ridden patiently at the back of the field and not being given an overly hard time of things but was nevertheless only beaten a few of lengths. Now switches back to the turf and the yard are in much better form than they were.

Re: Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May 4.00 Leicester - Just Marion win @ 8/1 Bet365 Running with just 8 stone on her back Just Marion looks well treated in this claimer. She is officially rated 64 and has shown some ability in the past as she has won 3 races and was only 1 and a half lengths 3rd behind an 81 rated horse a few runs ago in a class 4 nursery. She was very poor last time out and never travelled a yard, that run was off the back of a 94 day break so I wouldn't be surprised if she can improve on it - she will need to if she is to win this. Most of her wins have come on the AW but she has won and placed on the turf before so the surface isn't a problem. She has 2 wins over 7 furlongs so the trip is fine and I think she could run a nice race with such a small weight.

Re: Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May L2.40 Flashy Queen 14/1 Coral This is the first time the horse has attempted this c&d since winning over it in 2013 and it's surprising that it's taken this long to return since they look to be the horse ideal conditions. Looks sure to trade much shorter for in running punters and should be an easy bet to nothing on that front. The booking of Oisin Murphy for the in form trainer is another positive and the 14/1 at Coral looks way too big.

Re: Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May Redcar 3.20 rocket Ronnie (10/3 betfred) if non runner huntingdon 7.20 regulation Rocket Ronnie was a beaten favorite on the all weather last time out at Wolverhampton, but I’m going to forgive him that. His 2 runs on the all weather haven’t been great so maybe he’s not an all weather horse. More tellingly, his 4 career wins to date, have all been at northern tracks, with 3 of them being on good to firm ground. They’ve all been in class 5 and 6, and all at 8f. Now he hasn’t won since 2013, but he’s on an OR69 today which is just 1 above his highest winning rating back in 2013 of 68

Re: Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May 2.50 Redcar: Maiden Handicap (Class 6) Normally this type of race wouldn't be my cup of coffee. Too much guesswork required who is in it to win and who uses it as a public gallop. This Maiden Handicap is pretty poor, it's simply the nature of the race. Some lightly raced individuals with low opening marks take dramatic step ups in trip and may well improve for it. Dew Pond is one who jumps out in that regard. But it is the horse at the head of the weights who clearly is the most intriguing runner. The Cashel Man hasn't shown allot as a juvenile in Maidens last year. But gelded over the winter, which often works wonders for High Chaparral's and particularly for trainer David Simcock, he may leave those forms behind, now going handicapping for the first time. Not only that, but The Cashel Man also takes a dramatic step up in trip, which on pedigree should suit very well and see him improving a good deal. He is a full-brother to decent Handicapper Thunder Pass, who took a similar route last year and improved from maidens to handicaps when stepping up in trip. An opening mark of 63 is stiff enough for what The Cashel Man has shown so far, but this poor race represents an ideal opportunity to get off the mark with conditions very much to suit him. The Cashel Man @ 5/1 Paddy Power

Re: Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May 2.20 Red - Whispering Soul - win at 18/1 bog skybet 2yo maiden There's always the chance that one of the once raced horses will improve enough to win but none of them looked obvious maiden winners on debut so I'm going for one of the bigger priced newcomers My selection was the most expensive of these going through the sales. The yard of Ann Duffield can get first time out winners - she had 3 last season and this one is the biggest price of her two runners here despite being the most expensive and apparently having the stable's preferred jockey on

Re: Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May 15:30 Leicester : Haadeeth @ 8/1 bet365 win thanks Haadeeth....from The Evans yard which has had a good run of late, the 8yo gets weight all round and could be a big danger as he showed up well 25 days ago at Chepstow over 5f (good)when it finished 2nd beaten 1.25 lengths , Young D J Bates is in saddle and claims 3lb allowance

Re: Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May 3.40 lingfield pomme de guerre goes handicapping for the first time and i feel there is much more to be seen from this horse. fitness,surface and trip not an issue and an opening mark of 65 is also inviting. good stable and jockey, so i expect to see improvement this afternoon. 1pt win 18/1 william hill

Re: Weekly NAPS competition | Tuesday 26th May 6.50 Huntingdon: Isthereadifference 11/4 PP/BetVic Opposing the fav here due to the track, he won well at Towcester twice and although looks an improving type he hasn't raced against this type of company in winning those races. Isthereadifference and Royalracket are worthy opponents tonight and i'm just going to side with the Mulholland horse with Noel Fehily on board. Pulled out of his last race when the ground went soft so will do the same if condition are not suitable. Should like the quick track and the trip is ideal. Up 8lbs for his last win which is fair enough and must go close here.