** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 3.55 Curr - Kissed By Angels - win at 7/1 bog Ladbrokes No flat racing in the UK ! Going for the big race of the day in Ireland - the 1000 Gns On the face of it my selection is O'Brien's second string with Ryan on Found But Found was not very impressive on her seasonal debut raising a little doubt over how she has trained on My selection on the other hand was very impressive in winning the 1000 Gns Trial at Leopardstown with a couple of todays rivals well beaten Joseph on board........

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May 5:00 Curragh - Taglietelle (7/1 Bet365) 1pt Win Unable to reel in an enterprisingly ridden winner last time out but did more than enough to make me think that he's still potentially well handicapped off a 4lb higher mark. Young jockey is great value for his 10lb claim as he has ridden hundreds of winners in pony racing.

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May Jolly looks hard to beat but will have a wee go with a 5yr old gelding trained by Mr James Ewart, only 5th last time out at Ayr but today's race is a little more realistic, he's had a nice break and will be more match fit for Kelso. Jockey Lucy Alexander retains the ride and is one of the finest female jockey's around, its her sole ride on the card & with a clear trouble free round they should be in with a shout. 2:10 Kelso - Sky full of Stars. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 8/1 Paddy Power , , , , , , ''BOG''

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May 5.35 Fontwell - Brass Monkey win @ 10/1 SkyBet This looks like a really weak race and it's hard to have full confidence in any of them. Only 4 of these have ever won over hurdles and the selection, Brass Monkey, is one of them. He won off of today's mark last year at Fakenham in a class 4 on good ground. This time he has Lizzie Kelly on top taking 7lbs off so looks well handicapped in this class 5. He has admittedly been in poor form recently but that has come over fences so hopefully the return to the smaller obstacles, on a decent mark, will spark some improvement along with the first time visor. The ground won't be a problem and neither will the course as he has been placed twice here at Fontwell in the past so hopefully he can go close in a race that won't take a lot of winning.

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May Font well 4.00 ballybough gotta if non runner curragh 3.20 al kazeem if ballybough gotta is ever going to win again, I doubt that he'll get a better chance than today! He is now at the lowest rating he has been for nearly 3 years, has won over distances ranging from 17f through to 26f on soft, goo and good/firm going. The majority of those were in class 3 so today's race conditions shouldn't be a problem

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May F4.35 Epsom Flyer 6/1 Coral Fontwell is such an unusual track that course and distance winning form gets a major positive for and this horse has won its sole race here under the same 10lb claiming jockey. That was the horses only race at this course and it might be that the rise in the handicap isn't enough to stop the horse going in again, if as suspected, the horse outperforms when racing here.

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May 2.15 - Curragh - Kimbay - 9/1 - Hills BOG Been off for 163 days but has gone well fresh before so no concern there. Has been raised 7lbs for last time out victory at Dundalk. That was over 5f but she was running on well at the end so the extra furlong here looks ideal. The form of that race also looked good with both second and third going on to win several times since. This obviously much more difficult but should still be progressive and I would be surprised if she wasn't at least placed.

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May 4.45 Uttoxeter: Akula 11/2 Hills/Coral Formerly with Mark Tomkins and reached 132 over hurdles (won off 125) That trainer kept him away from soft ground most of the time yet when he went to Tim Vaughan last December he won by a street in soft going here at Uttoxeter. He races here off just 109, the ground will be perfect and faces a lot of poor handicappers. The fav Billy My Boy won a poor 4 runner event last time has gone up 5lbs and looks like he wants further than this 2m on a quickish track like Uttoxeter.

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May 2.15 Curragh: Handicap, 6 furlongs There isn't much between the first two in the betting, In Salutem and Captain Cullen. They finished close to each other in a 5f sprint at Navan recently and neither of them will mind the additional furlong today. It's really hard to split them on that particular form. That says both should be thereabouts but don't appeal to me in terms of price. I feel the odds reflect their chances in fair way. I liked Russian Soul's gutsy performance at Cork only two days ago. He'll be better for the step up in trip and was a bit unlucky in his penultimate run. Though he'll need to bring his absolute A-game to the Curragh today in order to overcome a monstrous weight of 10 stone four! The value in this field lies with Kimbay in my mind. Still not too many miles on the clock for a five year old, she can race off a featherweight and might be well in on the weights judged on her progressive last season. She won four races and been only beaten by a head in the other two starts that year. She is up by 7lb for her final appearance at Dundalk in December when she won a very competitive 5f sprint. This form worked out very well though, which means she could still be well handicapped. Kimbay has done well as a fresh horse in the past and while this here represents a significant step up in class, the conditions should suit down to the grounds. At 8/1 she looks overpriced in my eyes, given her profile. Kimbay @ 8/1 Paddy Power

Re: Weekly Naps Competition - Sunday 24th May 3.00 uttoxeter scarlett lady catches the eye with the application of a tongue tie and headgear for the first time, plus the fact aidan coleman takes the ride, giving the impression they feel the horse has some sort of chance. no trip and ground worries and its a crap race, so no surprise if all mentioned can combine to produce a big run today. 50/1 ladbrokes bog 0.5pts ew