Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 7.25 Hamilton - Spes Nostra win @ 7/2 Bet365 If Igider is fit enough after almost a year off then he should be very hard to beat due to the form of his maiden which is really strong with there being 4 next time out winners and lots of winners of future races. There is rain forecast at Hamilton which could make the ground worse than it already is and soft is an unknown for Igider. One horse that is race fit and will handle the soft ground is my selection, Spes Nostra. He was very impressive when winning by 12 lengths on bad ground at Ripon and should handle today's conditions. He's been put up 6lbs for the win which looks very fair. This puts him 2lbs higher than his highest ever winning mark and while this would take a career best I don't think it is beyond him as he has been placed off a mark of 88 on the AW in the past. He has done most of his running at around 10 furlongs but his only run at this trip was a win and by the way he ran last time out it looks like he will stay.

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 7.25 Hamilton - Igider (3/1 Boyles) 1pt Win Quite a few I fancy tomorrow but there is no getting away from the rock solid form of Igider's last two runs in maiden company last season. On his most recent outing, when successful at Windsor, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed horses are now rated 99, 92 and 101 respectively. His previous run in a maiden is similarly impressive form as he was not beaten far by the now 110 rated Second Step and had Kings Fete (who later went on to run in the St Leger) behind him. So it does not take a genius to figure out that he is potentially very well handicapped off a mark of 86 tomorrow. I don't think soft ground should be an issue as he has already run with credit on good to soft and his Medicean half sister was placed in a maiden on bottomless ground. The big danger is Spes Nostra who dotted up last time out and runs under a penalty tomorrow, he could still be well in on the best of his historic form but I think the soft ground may have exaggerated the winning distance somewhat there. Also, having traveled well through the race it is questionable whether he really wants the step up in trip - he has won over this trip but has generally been kept to shorter. Regardless of that, I think my selection is open to far more improvement and he should make the long trip north from Newmarket pay for Roger Varian.

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 Newmarket 3.35 Chain of Events (9/1 bet victor) If non runner York 2.40 Totalize Chain of Events my just have his ideal winning conditions here today. He has won seven races, all of which have been with an OR80 or below, in class 3 or below and at today’s distance of 10f during the months of May and June. He has also won on ground conditions of good,good/firm and soft

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 York 3.15: Havana Beat, 1pts win, 12/1 PaddyPower Not run in the UK since July last year when winning at Sandown and since raced three times at Arlington and Meydan. Was 4 lengths behind Brown Panther lto but I thought he shaped really nicely and could be the value in the race.

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 2.40 - York - Treasure The Ridge - 25/1 - BetVic - 0.5 ew Completed a 4 timer last summer albeit off a lower mark of 65-82. Was a good 4th of 12 at Newmarket in October off 93, then ran poorly in bottomless ground at Doncaster in November but that can be forgiven. Runs off 3lbs lower than the 4th at Newmarket today (90). Danny Brock up who has been on board for the horses last 2 wins. Good luck all.

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 2.10 York - Silk Bow - win at 9/1 bog bet365 early Listed race for 2yo fillies there hasn't been a great deal of 2yo races for the pecking order to be established yet and it seems a bit early to be having Listed races......most of these will probably end up in class 5 nurseries with a mark too high to win from because their trainers ran them here. Silk Bow looked very green and useless on debut in the Brocklesby then improved significantly to win at Chelmsford 2nd time out. The well beaten 2nd finished 3rd in the Lily Agnes at Chester next time. She seemed to win with a bit in hand that day and still ran a bit 'fizzy' so can improve again and should be more to come.

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 740 Aintree: Mwaleshi 16/1 bet365/SJ Sue Smith often does well here at Aintree's minor meetings and this race is wide open and Mwaleshi looks very good value to me. Comes here off 139, his last winning mark. Led to 3 out last time at Ayr and looked as though his turn was near.

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 2.10 york sakhees gem should go well now the blinkers are added, as already has fair enough form and the blinkers could/should bring out more improvement. no trip and ground worries, so in a race that appears quite open, the blinkers could be the deciding factor. 1pt win 18/1 betvictor bog

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 1 pt Win Whitecliff Park 2.20 Newbury 12/1 Paddy Power / Coral BOG There are a couple of smart Hannon horses here. King of Rooks looks to be the first string but at the prices 6/4 v 12/1 the value call has to be the promising Whitecliff Park. I expect him to be a single figure price at the off.

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015

York 2:10 - Buonarotti WIN @ 33/1 Bet365 Former Aidan O'Brien horse and won at Tipperary for that yard so clearly has ability. Wasn't beaten far when 10th at Naas when last seen and has been dropped 3 pounds for that on debut for Carroll.
2.40 mate

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 8.30 HAMILTON~0.5 e/w LORD BUFFHEAD 25/1 BET365~Low grade race very open this horse is a drifter in the beating but has some CD form has been poor of late but this quirky character is capable of a bold show here if in the mood worth a risk at the price

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Friday 15th May'' 2015 Just one winner, Peter X 11/2:clap Late runners;

8.10 Aintree Looking Well please. Thanks.
8.30 HAMILTON~0.5 e/w LORD BUFFHEAD 25/1 BET365~Low grade race very open this horse is a drifter in the beating but has some CD form has been poor of late but this quirky character is capable of a bold show here if in the mood worth a risk at the price
2110 dundalk 1pt win water sprite 4/1 betvic