** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 3:30 Newmarket Lucky Kristale - 12/1 StanJames The selection won afew times over 6f as a two year old and was a top sprinter, winning the Lowther Stakes at York. Didn't quite do it last year stepped up to a mile, thrown in the deep end in the Guineas. I feel the horse is more effective over a shorter trip. Back down to 6f on quick ground I think the odds could look generous. The selection definitely has the class to win this if she's back on form, and fully wound up.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 3.05 Ripon Looks wide open but a chance is taken with Silvery Moon who would have undoubtably needed the run last time out when getting beaten into 2nd by Master Of Finance. 6lb swing with the same horse today and with no issues with conditions. Silvery Moon 1pt Win @ 7/1 BetVictor

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 .55 Newmarket: 200,000 Tattersalls Millions 3-Y-O Trophy This intriguing contest over 1m 2f looks wide open. As usual at this stage of the year it remains to be seen whether horses have trained on over the winter or not. Therefore I remain cautious about short priced three year olds on their seasonal reappearance. Favourite Secret Belief certainly looked a top class colt in the making when landing the 500,000 Tattersalls Millions 2YO Trophy last season here at Newmarket. A subsequent disappointing effort in Group 1 company can be excused on the basis of the soft ground that day. On pedigree he looks to have the trip surely in his blood. In fact she should actually improve for this stiffer test. The yard is in red hot form too - says Secret Belief should have a major chance to go very close if he has wintered well and is fit enough for his comeback run. I do like him, but 2/1 looks a skinny price nonetheless. Lightly raced Rocky Rider won really well on the deep Chelmsford polytrack last month. Much more is required here though. He may well be up for it, but I can easily oppose him on the basis of his short price. Richard Hannon's Azmaam kept on well in the 500,000 Tattersalls last season, but on pedigree he doesn't look certain to stay the trip. Cape Clear Island is very hard to fancy on what he has shown last season. He may improve for the step up in trip, but may well fall short of staying it either. O'Brien's stable form isn't exactly inspiring too. I kind of like Mike De Kock's Tannaaf. I'm pretty sure he can improve over the new trip. He was unlucky in his only run at Meydan earlier this year and remains on of the more interesting candidates in this race. He's a fair price. Groor may be progress as well, 10f seems ideal on pedigree. But he had already nine career starts and others make simply much more appeal. If there is one horse overpriced in my eyes then it must be the second Godolphin runner Greatest Journey. Trained by Saed Bin Suroor, this gelding has gradually improved over the winter on the All-Weather. The drop in trip to 7f was never to suit when he was the last time seen, though he wasn't disgraced finishing third behind the subsequent 3yo AW Champion. He has fitness on his side here I feel, but even more so looks likely to progress for this new trip. On pedigree he's entitled to stay 10f and he has won comprehensively over 9f in the past. If he can transform his recent form to the turf I think he can be a big runner in this race. Greatest Journey @ 9/1 Coral

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 5.00 Cheltenham - A Good Skin 1pt win @ 4/1 BetVictor won really nicely last time out and looks open to further progression. Trainer is in fine form at the moment so this one looks to have a favourites chance. He is unexposed at the trip and George believes better ground will bring about more improvement.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 4:40 Newmarket Earl of Sefton Stakes (Group 3) Two on the list declared to run here including Lincoln second Mondialiste who I would expect to go onto better things with a trainer like O'Meara who has a great record with horses of similar profiles. French Navy is favourite and is a solid Listed/Group 3 performer but he may not find the firm ground ideal for him. Arod could be a step above these though finishing second in the Dante and 4th in the Derby. He also ran a good race in the Juddmonte but again showed his inexperience wandering around down the home straight. A trip of 1m 2f looks ideal for him so the 1m 1f should pose no problems and he's reported to have aged well as expected. The 5/1 available on Betfair looks decent value for a horse who looks to have the potential to be a step above the rest of these in conditions which should be ideal. Arod - 1pt Win @ 4/1 Bet365

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 315 Chelt: L'unique 9/1 BetVictor Ran well at the Festival when falling at the last behind Glens Melody, was in 4th spot at the time and was put off by the fall of Annie Power i reckon. Anyway she live stop fight another day and with the King yard needing some luck i think she can get her head back in front now the ground has dried up.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 Newmarket 4.05 - Nafaqa (1pts win, 7/2 BetVictor) 4 runs last term and impressed with each effort. Was 4th on debut to Richard Pankhurst and then won two in a row and Doncaster and Newbury before chasing the impressive Elm Park home in the Group 2 Royal Lodge over C&D when sent off 5/4 favourite so on paper holds good claims here today.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 Chelt 3.50 - Lamb or cod - win at 7/2 bog stan james Handicap chase - 3 miles 2 furlongs, good ground My selection has been falling down the weights over the winter running on unsuitable soft ground and is now 12lbs lower than at the beginning of the season This gives him a real chance now that the ground has turned. He's a CD winner on good ground, won the Novice event on this card last year, comes from the Hobbs yards and has Dickie Johnson up

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 4.00 limerick Witty Repartee win 8/1 corals Showed promise in two maidens , first over 9 then a mile and made comeback last month over a trip far too short , gets h/cap mark now which looks fair based on first two runs and I think can run a big race

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 16th April 2015 N1.45 Sakhees' Gem e/w 50/1 Bet365 This is a complete shot in the dart since the horse is unraced, but I tend to favour the earlier season foals with good sire stats in these races and this one fits the bill on both counts. The horse was foaled on 22nd Jan so is the most mature horse in the race and the sire produced some useful horses that did best on good/firm ground. The horses progeny also have a good record at this course and this one is a half sister to Tamarind Hill which won a few nice sprints. The main negative is that Gay Kelleway isn't known for getting them horses ready in early season, but at the price I'll take a chance that this might be an exception !