** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 3:25 Aintree Rock On Ruby - 100/30 Paddy Power ROR has been running great recently and this is his ideal trip. Won his last two outings at Cheltenham nicely over this trip and was a close 2nd in this last year behind the New One. Jezki hasn't been doing it this year for one reason or another & ran a stinker in the Champion Hurdle. Arctic Fire always seems to find one too good. He was fancied in the Fighting Fifth but didn't trouble Irving or Aurore Destruval. Ran great in the Champion Hurdle and the step up in trip shouldn't be a problem but looks abit short to me. The selection swerved Cheltenham and has no stamina issues over this trip but also has the speed & class of finishing first and second in the CH.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 4.05 Aintree - Neverownup EW @ 33/1 PaddyPower Trainer knows how to win this race having won it a few years ago with Silver Adonis. This horses's recent poor form has come on soft ground and I am hopeful a return to better ground will bring a much better performance out of this horse. All of his best form has come on decent ground and the step back up in trip will also help him.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 Dresden 4.40pm Aintree - 0.5pt EW - 14-1 Bet365 (BOG) Looked to be on an upward curve whenn winning well at Donny and was travelling well at Cheltenham until falling. I expect the track to suit and hope the ground dries out a bit by race time (hoping the rain stays away). Still relatively unexposed and 14-1 with 4 places looks a decent bet.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 5:15 Aintree : The Tourard Man @ 14/1 betvictor e/w thanks The Tourard Man.....from Alan King yard to much form to ready through at Aintree so back to old style of picking horse anything with (blue or the In name will do). The Tourard Man is a 9yo who meets up with the two horse that beat him at Cheltenham Festival 28 days ago when Call The Cops won and in 2nd place Unique De Cotte with The Tourard Man 3rd beaten 2.50 lengths by winner , Alan King saddles two In race with Wayne Hutchinson swapping horses to ride Ulzana´s Raid and Richard Johnson takes over onboard The Tourard Man

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 5-15 aintree hammersley lake @ 20/1 ladbrokes henderson has a couple in this including the fav. However, I think the selection has a nice Mark and will improve for th step up in trip. Should love the ground and could definately outrun its odds.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 1:40 Aintree Although he was better at Cheltenham I still think Josses Hill has a lot to learn over fences and although the step up in trip will suit he's far too short in the betting for me. I'm a fan of Vibrato Valtat and I do think he paid the price for chasing Un de Sceaux coming into the home straight but at a short price I can't take a chance that he will be as good over 2m 4f. The two outsiders have a lot to find on form. Three Kingdoms looks another one who will benefit the step up in trip. AP McCoy feels he will be better over this distance and it certainly looked that way at Cheltenham as he was in trouble a long way from home in a blisteringly quick 2m. He stayed this trip over hurdles and stayed on strongly to beat Solar Impulse at Doncaster back in January. He was only beaten half a length by Vibrato Valtat in a Grade 2 at Kempton and jumps better than the favourite so if Josses Hill fails to impress over his fences he could have the better of Vibrato Valtat over this sort of trip. Three Kingsdom - 1pt Win @ 9/1 Bet365

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 Aintree 1.40 (Manifesto Novices Chase, Grade 1) Vibrato Valtat (1pts win, 2/1 Bet365) For a Grade 1 this doesn't have the deepest look to it depth wise and I'd be surprised if the two outsiders could have much say in this (Cash and Go and Val De Law) So think the winner will come from the obvious fancies. Josses Hill regained some of his hype when he ran much better lto behind Un De Sceaux in the Arkle but I'm still not 100% convinced by his jumping and if he can back up after that run. Vibrato Valtat is my main selection to land this, He ran well for a long way in the Arkle and tried to go with the impressive winner but was never going to win and maybe paid the price as he weakened to 4th, but I think He can gain compensation today if ridden a little more patiently.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 Aintree 4:05 - Shoreacres WIN @ 33/1 Bet365 Wide open race and I'll take a chance on the Gillian Jones horse. Ran really well for a long way in the Cheltenham Foxhunters when 6th behind On The Fringe and I think the step back in trip will suit. Also, have a better pilot on board today in Sam Drinkwater.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 2.50 Aintree Holywell looks to be on the upgrade over fences and looks very interesting here. He was a good fourth in the Gold Cup and was still in with a chance turning for home. He likes decent ground, which he should get here and goes well on flat tracks. He won the Mildmay Novices Chase here last season from Don Cossack so has course form and has the beating of Ma Filleule and Silviniaco Conti on previous form. 1pt win 2/1 Coral/Bet365

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 Aintree 2.50 - Silviniaco Conti - win at 3/1 bog bet365 Best chaser in the country on a flat track at 3 miles (well he was until Coneygree appeared on the scene !) Most of these except the outsiders and Menorah ran at Cheltenham and they've had 4 weeks to recover this year. My horse came here and won this last year after running in the Gold Cup Holywell comes here as favourite and should go Ok but hasn't quite been in the sparkling form this year as he was at this time last year when he won at Cheltenham then came here and won the Novice's grade one.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 1.40 One Magnificent City Manifesto Novices' Chase (Grade 1) The first four in the betting have all been beaten by the same horse at Cheltenham... in fact they have been demolished. A sigh of relive for connections - there's no Un De Sceaux here today! Josses Hill was the one who fared best last month, he finished a creditable third. He got a very good ride that day but was clearly ridden for a place. Things are different today and for that simple reason he looks short enough in the betting. He may not be able to ride his own race in a way he could do it the last time.Vibrato Valtat may get closer this time with a different ride. He remains with potential, while Clarcam needs to show big improvement to be competitive. You could pick holes in each of the three better fancied runners here and I feel this might be one for an upset. If there is a horse that looks potentially capable of causing an upset then it is Cash And Go. He's been a decent hurdler, finished 3rd in a Grade 3 here at Aintree last season. He improved gradually this season over fences. Unseated his rider on his Chase debut, battled and won well the next time and demolished a small field in a minor race most recently. He is still learning his game over the bigger obstacles and needs to improve his jumping if he wants to be competitive here. But he is a nice prospect, with more improvement to come and he may well be up to this class. I like to select him as a big price against the better fancied market leaders. Cash And Go @ 20/1 >Bet365

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 9th April 2015 2.15 aintree devilment should be seen in better light today on ground faster than last time, and i feel he can find the lenghts he was beaten by the favourite, hargam, today. no trip concerns and richard johnson gets the ride, so i fail to see how anybody can leave this one out on this faster ground. id be surprised if not involved in the finish. 0.5pts ew 10/1 bet365 bog