Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 1.40 Lingfield - Fab Lolly EW @ 40/1 Hills Fab Lolly ran in this last year and finished 7th and hasn't managed to add to her win tally since that run. I think it's fair to say this years renewal is stronger so it's hard to imagine Fab Lolly winning here but at 40/1 I wouldn't be surprised see her nick a place. She has been running consistently this year and has often looked a tricky ride. On her reappearance this year she finished under 2 lengths behind Don't Be who is a 4/1 shot for this race. Yes she meets that one on much worse terms but I feel this race will suit her. In this bigger field there are plenty of horses that like to be up with the pace. I would expect Fab Lolly to get a good toe into this race from stall 4 and with the blinkers applied for the first time, it wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if they brought about plenty of improvement. I just get the feeling she has a big performance in her if everything falls right...hopefully in this race!

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 14:40 Lingfield: GROWING GLORY @ 9/1 Bet365 Three times successful as well twice a runner-up from seven outings, François Rohaut's GROWING GLORY (6) made the long trip across The Channel with legitimate ambitions, given he has Listed winning form under her belt and this is a drop down in class. It looks significant that Stéphane Pasquier travels over from France just for one ride.

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 Lingfield 4.45 - Hidden Gold (1pts win, 3/1 BetVictor) I think Godolphin could have a bumper day on these AW Chamionships and in the final race I like Hidden Gold. Currently second choice in the market of the Godolphin pair with Anglophile leading the betting I think Hidden Gold looks the better option. She has won her last 4 starts and not been hard pressed in any of them, including two wins here at Lingfield and one of those was a Listed Event, the form looks decent enough and she will also get age and sex allowances in this race. The only question mark is that She hasn't been seen for 111 days so lacks a recent run and just going to have to hope she's ready to go first up here.

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 1.55 Muss: First Bombardment 6/5 SJ Not a good friday for me with only flat racing to look at but will row in with the 2yo First Bombardment in the opening race at Musselburgh. Second in the Brocklesby last week at Donny and that is usually decent form to follow at this time of year. Johnston's horses are flying and his runner warrants as the obvious danger.

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 2:10 Lingfield Intransigent looks overpriced for Andrew Balding after winning a Heritage Handicap fairly easily at Ascot last October before beating Fresles over course and distance who is a favourite earlier on the card. He's rated 110 on the turf and if he can put in those sort of performances he should be in the mix here. He's been a bit disappointing so far this season but at 14/1 I'll take a chance on him rediscovering his form as he usually puts in better performances after a few runs Intransigent - 0.5pts each way @ 14/1 Bet365

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 Muss 3.30 - Blaine - win at 2/1 bog bet365 5F sprint Three old timers here who can probably be discounted along with the 67 rated Bapak B That leaves 2......the current favourite, Robot Boy, and my selection Both came up through handicaps last season and the favourite is probably better suited by this easy 5F as my selection usually takes on a stiffer test However with G/S ground it might even out a bit and I think my horse is more likely to be ready to run first time out. The favourite tends to win in June after he's had a couple of runs and the yards recent runners have all been well beaten

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 M2.25 Aramist 1pt Win 9/1 Bet365 This horse has run well fresh before and the trainer is in good form. The horses style of racing indictes that it needs a stiff test of stamina so this trip in soft ground should be just about ideal since the horse has been putting in its best work late on over shorter trips or on better ground. Won't mind any further rain either.

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 1.40 Lingfield: All-weather Fillies' And Mares' Championship A very hot renewal with plenty of interesting runners. I feel that in these kind of Conditions races quality is what matters though, and that should mean horses right at the head of the ratings are often favoured. Plenty of money is coming for Lamar. I'm not sure if the drop in trip suits her and she looks short enough in the betting. Khatiba is progressive, so is Don't Be. Expect them to be right in the mix. Overpriced is the French filly Fresles, though. A 4/1 chance, she is a full point bigger than I would have think she should be in the betting. This filly has had a strong run over 6f in Listed company here at Lingfield in November when she came agonisingly close. Since then she won a Listed race over 7f in France on the All-Weather and produced a very fine prep run over slightly shorter earlier this month. She'll be primed and could have a tactical advantage from her good draw today. Fresles @ 4/1 Coral

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 2.55 Muss Mister Universe win 9/1 bet365 Showed early good form as a 2yo when defeated by a hd on first start and then winning sto , and lto 3rd to Elm Park reads well with that winner now a grp2 and gr1 winner , 4th 2l behind only btn 1/2L nto in a grp2 so form looks good. Drops into h/cap company for first time and takes a drop in grade from 1-2 , class horse in the race and giving weight away but if wanting to run in grp races again needs to win these

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 3.15 ling Tigers tale 22/1 bet365 it amazes me that this is supposed to be the best day of the yr for the all weather and George baker only has one ride...... Anyway, I think the selection is definately over priced. Has never won over cd but has been there abouts numerous times. Big e/w selection but for comp purposes I will go win only.

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 14:10 Lingfield: Alben Star @ 6/1 e/w thanks Alben Star.....from Richard Fahey yard he sends the 7yo to take on Pretend again after losing 20 days ago here over 5f, Alben Star landed this race 12 months ago and I would have expected the yard targeted this race again for owners, Alben Star is a winner of seven races from 5f to 6f including 4 wins on polytrack ,with yard giving horse a break after finishing turf racing last October till February this year it had its first race this season AW at here 6f when 7th but I would expect yard was happy to build it up for finals day as next race was at Wolverhampton 7f when last of 11 runners , Two good exercising races then the yard stuck him in 5f race here for some sprint work where it met Pretend and lost by 1.1/2 lengths so it should be a good match up today with Richard Fahey calling in Ryan Moore to ride horse who rode Pretend two races back to win over 6f at Wolverhampton so should know all about Pretend,"

Re: Nap Of The Day - Friday 3rd April 2015 15.30 TANGERINE TREES 0.5 PT WIN @ 12/1 Boyles Tangerine Trees won this race in 2013 and was 4th in the race last year. The ground was a bit quick for him last year, however (G/F), and he'll be much happier dictating on rain softened ground today. Doesn't look much other pace in the race, and I feel he can make all. 12/1 looks a massive price.