** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November

Trotter

Re: Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November Taunton 1.40 - Queen Spud - win at 7/4 bog betvictor Handicap hurdle for mares around 2.5 miles My selections drops back to her winning trip after trying 3 miles last time in a better race The drop in class and return to 2.5 miles should see her in with a good chance, particularly as she could well front run in this small field and the sharp track will suit The main danger in the betting (current favourite) is Prettyasapicture but I'm not convinced she really wants 2.5 miles, she seems better at the minimum trip

Re: Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November 3.40 Taunton - Kings Apollo win @ 15/8 PaddyPower This looks to be a very weak race and a perfect opportunity for Kings Apollo to notch his first win over fences. He finished a close second lto on his reappearance from an absence and while he is 3lb higher for the run he should improve after the break and a repeat of that in my opinion would be enough to take this. A couple of these should need a run and others just haven't shown enough to make me think they have a chance. Osmosia is the obvious danger after winning two races ago but I feel on this mark he might struggle.

Re: Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November Kempton 7.50 - Prince Regal (1pts win, 6/1 Bet365) Best effort for some time when 2nd lto at Lingfield and if building on that run could feature here today. Has tried the 7 furlong trip three times and ran reasonably well in each of those runs and tackles that distance again today.

Re: Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November 14.25 Clonmel: Clonmel Oil Chase (grade 2) - Roi Du Mee: Trip probably too sharp, last four forms either finished distanced last or pulled up. - Sizing Europe: Still loves the game, great comeback run at Gowran Park. Unbeaten over trip. Can handle ground. Gives weight away to younger rivals. - Rathlin: Ground and trip perfectly fine, should relish heavy conditions. But usually found out for class in Graded company in recent years. Has to be at his very best to stand a chance. - Alderwood: Grade 1 winning hurdler who loves the mud. Not quite achieved same standard over fences yet. Drop in trip should help and ground in favour, but hard to fancy on recent form. - Realt Mor: Perfect conditions today with ground and trip his optimum. Faller lto on first start in a year.. Hard to know what to expect but if finding back to his best, he’s in with big shout. - Rubi Light: Will love conditions, but hasn’t won for almost three years and back after long break. Tough ask to win this first time out. - Champagne Fever: Beaten as favourite a couple of times last season. Went too quick at Punchestown, strong run at Cheltenham. Usually best when fresh. Obvious chance if he gets the trip. Only success over 2.5m inconclusive in that regard. Trainer thinks he probably needs the run. Verdict: The obvious favourite is Champagne Fever, who is the youngest horse with most improvement likely to come. He receives weight and that should give him the edge. However he is short enough in the market, given that he hasn’t fully convinced me that he gets the trip, as well as his trainer voiced concerns about fitness. Veteran Sizing Europe is the main rival and on his most recent run, should run big with no problems in terms of conditions. Bounce factor may come into play though. It’s not easy to fancy anything else in this race, however Realt Mor looks certainly overpriced. If he recovered fully from his recent fall, and can find back to something close to his best, he must rate a danger, no back over 2.5m on heavy ground, which looks likely to be his optimum. He won the G1 Fairyhouse Gold Cup over this trip on heavy ground back in 2013, even though since then he hasn’t done much. That is the obvious worry. At 25/1 a chance is taken, though. Realt Mor @ 25/1 Bet365 – 1pt win

Re: Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November I've been waiting some time for Monsieur Jamie to drop in the weights and the fact that Fergal Lynch is jockey today does not put me off in the slightest. Forecast at 10/1 but available at a slightly lower 8/1, Monsieur Jamie is a four-time course and distance winner but has not won since Sept 2013 from a mark of 70. Today he is on the same mark, which looks to be his ceiling and I'd be quite disappointed if he didn't go close. 8/1 Bet365 - win

Re: Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November 2.40 Taunton: Zulu Oscar 11/10 BetVictor I'm taking on Area Fifty One here from the Henderson yard, to be honest i thought he would be the fav as he does have the best public form over hurdles in the line up by far. I just don't see him as a natural over hurdles and one to oppose when the opposition gets tougher and i reckon he has come up against a smart one in Zulu Oscar. Very well regarded from the Harry Fry set up and was pitched in to Listed company for his first run over timber only to stumble and unseat Noel Fehilly at the very first hurdle. He's had to go to Ludlow so Ryan Mahon takes over today and should be able to show us what his bumper form promised.

Re: Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November 1425 clonmel 1pt win champagne fever 5/6 betvic only 7 runners for this grade 2 race,but it looks a match on paper for the top 2 in the betting and with my selection getting 11lb, this 7 year old gelding should get on top,he has a good record starting fresh,196 since his last race,trainer has a 23% strike rate at this track,and has a 25% win rate grade 2 race winners in last year

Re: Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November Kempton 4:50 - Reflation WIN @ 9/2 Bet365 Close second here at Kempton last time out over 6f, shaping as if further would suit. Only up three pounds and I am expecting a bold showing from the Richard Hannon charge in what is a tough handicap.

Re: Nap of the Day Thursday 13th November 13.20 southwell Zebs lad @ 7/1 corals if this one takes to the surface then should go close. The whole field making there debut on he surface so def wouldn't back anything shorter. This should be his level, decent jockey on board... 7/1 could be value