** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections

Re: Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections 3.25 Carlisle - Mohawk Ridge 1pt win @ 9/1 William Hill This horse did well last season as a novice hurdler winning twice and finishing in the first 2 on 2 other occasions. His last effort was very poor but he has been given plenty of time off and should be freshened up by a break. He has gone well fresh in the past so his absence doesn't worry me. He will have no problems with the ground and he has been dropped 2lbs from his last run. He is winner at the track and his trainer does well here operating at an 18% strike rate. He also has the aid of the best jockey in the race in Brian Hughes and he should give it his best shot from the front.

Re: Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections 1 point win brother scott 14.50 carlisle 9/2 paddy power not doing an e/w tomorrow,the weight of money allready for brother scott on betfair says its gunna be a massive punt,over £5,000 quid being asked for it between 5.7 and 5.8 over 12 hours before race is due off i will follow the money for this one

Re: Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections 2.50 pp brother scott @ 9/2 pp im with twinny.... This one was going very well when tipping up last time. I think the conditions will be ideal tomorrow. Has been placed off a higher mark than this and I think the distance on this ground will be ideal. Pp are on here own at 9/2 and as twinny says this will go off shorter....

Re: Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections Kempton 6.10 - Semaral (1pts win, 9/2 Bet365) Won lto over C&D and looked to have a little in hand that day winning by 1 length and a 5lbs rise seems fair enough. Looks to be one here who looks to have more to come and a repeat on her last run would give her every chance.

Re: Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections Kempton 6:40 - It's Lady Mary WIN @ 7/1 Bet365 Ran very well when 3rd @ 50/1 at Lingfield two starts back over 6f and last time out found Prize Exhibit 9 lengths too good at the same venue. Was well beat of course, but Prize Exhibit looks a useful prospect, in fact the horse finished a very close 3rd in a Group 3 at Newmarket in the Oh So Sharp. The Cole yard are in great form so I feel this is a bit of value.

Re: Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections 500 Carlisle: Urban Hymn 6/5 Coral/Skybet Very nice little race here between some useful sorts. Duke Of Navan has some good hurdle form in the book and will be suited by the trip and I've read a few things about how this will be the undoing of the favourite Urban Hymn who obviously is going to be better over further than this in the future. He won at 3m as a novice hurdler and was one of my ones to follow last season. Duke Of Navan on the other hand only ran three times last year and in fact fell over hurdles on his last run and i think some are forgetting his form wasn't anything special overall and despite the 2m distance i'm with Urban Hymn here.

Re: Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections 17:40 Kempton Jet Mate 1pt win @ 6-1 Bet365 Decent win in a claimer at Wolverhampton last time out when wrong in the weights with Framley Garth who went on to win next time out. The whole field is only separated by 5 lbs in this nursery and Jet Mate may be better than the official mark suggests.

Re: Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections Thursday 23rd October - 17.00 Carlisle - Class 4 Beginners Chase - 2m5 runners on soft ground. Duke Of Navan - 6yo trained by Nicky Richards making chase debut today. All 9 starts under rules have been from 2m to 2m 2f with 3 hurdle wins all in his novice hurdle season. Failed to improve on that in his second season hurdling and now goes chasing. Trainer has a decent record at his local course. Reached a Peak of OR 148 after winning the More Battle (Class 2 Hurdle) but finished currently rated OR 140 over hurdles. Could be very keen early on and needs to settle quickly to conserve energy for the big uphill finish. All recent runners from the yard have been well beaten. Urban Hymn - 6yo trained by Malcolm Jefferson also making chase debut. OR over hurdles of 141 and good novice season last year with 2 wins including a Grade 2 novice hurdle at Doncaster. Looks very much a stayer with that Grade 2 win at 3m 1/2f. 2 miles could be a little bit sharp for him but could lead and make the running but may be vuluable to a quicker finisher. Was recruited from the Point to Point scene and raced 3 times falling on first 2 starts before winning at Larkhill in April 2013. That Point to Point experience could be vital over these easy fences at Carlisle. Ubaltique - 6yo trained by Donald McCain having 3rd run over fences. 17 career races with 15 over hurdles with 4 wins with the best a class 3 handicap hurdle at Catterick and current OR of 135 over hurdles. 2 previous chase runs in May 2013 when but both very average performances and while 2nd on last start over fences made quite a few mistakes. Likely to be held up and if able to keep in contention could challenge for minor honours. Hit The Top - 7yo trained by Sue Smith having 2nd run over fences. One hurdle win from 9 starts a class 4 Handicap Hurdle at Catterick. Majority of races around 2m 4f and should have no problems with a 2m trip here at Carlisle with the tough uphill finish. Was a close 2nd to Ubaltique at Catterick conceding weight. One previous chase run when jumped well before been hampered and falling 4 out here at Carlisle in May this year. Likely to race up with leaders. Another with Point to Point experience. Another trainer who does well at the Course. Morning Royalty - 7yo trained by James Moffatt making debut over fences. 2 Novice hurdle wins both here at Carlisle over 2m 1f. Best OR over hurdles of 135 and currently OR 129. Highly tried over hurdles running in some decent races but not graded class. Trip and ground of no concern but was disappointing last season.Trip to short for me for Urban Hymn who will be better over further and Duke Of Navan could struggle up the uphill finish. Actually think that these 2 are worth opposing and Hit The Top looks likely to be the one who may cause an upset having some previous experience of jumping fences. 1pt Win - Hit The Top - 12/1 Stan James BOG

Re: Nap of the Day Competition Thursday 23rd October 2014 - Selections Kemp 5.40 - Cascading Stars - EW at 22/1 bog wm hill Nursery handicap over a mile Going for an EW shot here who might improve now handicapping off a low mark. Has been noted running on over shorter trips and might relish a mile. Even though he's been in mid division in his 3 maidens he's still got one of the best AW speed figures. Well drawn in stall 1