Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester City v Chelsea (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.93[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd

hi guys, im new here and new to betting. what does it mean when its says about man city v chelsea 1.93 / 3.7 / 100.82% i want to know what this signifies. any advice much appreciated thanks
The three numbers are home win , draw, and away win odds written in decimal. The percentage is Best Price Percentage, which is ... http://www.the-secret-system.com/betting_glossary.htm

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd I was happy to see Jovetic play and score vs Tottenham midweek. He was out so long that this is like a new signing almost. The big difference for me between these two is the final third. Chelsea try to be what City ARE. That is a well oiled machine that slices through defenses and scores a lot. Instead Chelsea attacks so often eventuate into nothing and so instead of being a sharp sword like City, I would describe the Chelsea attack as being a blunt object that Chelsea repeatedly smash you over the head with until you die. Well we have a match here where chances should come at a premium because all the midfield and defense of both teams are good enough to keep the quality chances low. So we know Mourinho is already at the Etihad as we speak digging the trenches and stacking the sand bags and we know that the chances will be few. So with Manchester City's attack being so much more prolific/efficient than Chelsea's, I think that they are more likely to convert their chances to goals whereas if Oscar and Hazard don't score from midfield then what' s plan B for Chelsea? I'm leaning towards a City win here. They have the creators like Silva, Jovetic and Toure to break down any negative tactics Chelsea present. Chelsea don't have these types and is why they couldn't crack West Ham. Won't "Mata" here though as they'll be countering with Willian and Hazard which is the obvious plan. Eto won't scare any body and let's hope Demichelis doesn't f this right up like he has been known to when the moon is right. I would of been VERY confident of a home win had Augero not been injured as he is unplayable at the moment. But his injury has put doubts in my mind and sort of brought City back to the field a bit and I don't think the odds are good enough without Sergio. Don't know if I'll back them yet, have to mull over it for a while.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd 4pts Under 2.5 goals 11/10 Ladbrokes Although he criticised West Ham for parking the bus last week I expect Jose Mourinho to set his side up to contain and frustrate City in this match. Whether that is possible or not remains to be seen but we saw him do it with success at Old Trafford earlier in the season. At some point City are going to struggle for goals at home and with Aguero out and Negredo not 100% it could be here. I think this will be a frustrating game purely because of Chelsea’s potential negative tactics so I like under 2.5 goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-chelsea-betting-jose-may-be-the-one-to-park-the-bus-to-good-effect-at-the-etihad

I think they have the win-draw-win market priced perfectly so no bet.
Really? A special team who destroy all comers at home are priced at 17/20. Do you not think that's a ridiculously long price?

4pts Under 2.5 goals 11/10 Ladbrokes Although he criticised West Ham for parking the bus last week I expect Jose Mourinho to set his side up to contain and frustrate City in this match. Whether that is possible or not remains to be seen but we saw him do it with success at Old Trafford earlier in the season. At some point City are going to struggle for goals at home and with Aguero out and Negredo not 100% it could be here. I think this will be a frustrating game purely because of Chelsea’s potential negative tactics so I like under 2.5 goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-chelsea-betting-jose-may-be-the-one-to-park-the-bus-to-good-effect-at-the-etihad
With all due respect, coming up with tactics which are successful away to Man Utd is a far simpler task than doing the same away to Man City.

Benn the bookies are not foolish enough to have the win-draw-win market of the most important match of the season in the most bet on league in the world too far wrong.
The prices that the bookies have put out would suggest that Man City will win this game around 50% of the time. Do you believe that to be the case? I'd say they win it at least 80% of the time. I may be underestimating Chelsea but I think other people/the bookies are assuming because Chelsea are so close to City in the league that they are close to them in standard. They're not. Certainly not at the Etihad anyway.

League leaders Man City welcome Chelsea to the Etihad in what is the most important match of the season so far. 3 points separate the two teams that are most likely to finish in the top two places in the league this season and if City can continue their incredible home performances against Chelsea they are in a great position to go on and win the league this season especially as Chelsea have not won at the Etihad since 2008. Chelsea who average 1.6 points per away game, have a very tough task to stop a Man City team that has won all of their home league matches, while scoring a massive average of 3.8 goals per game. Chelsea are likely to go with Eto’s up front as Torres is injured. Man City’s Aguero is unavailable with a hamstring injury. It will be interesting to see if City go with one or both of Dzeko and Negredo up front which they should do at home despite going with a 4-5-1 when they played Chelsea in the reverse fixture which Chelsea won 2-1 with a last minute Torres goal. Man City are in the form of their lives right now, having won 14 of their last 15 games in all competitions but they will encounter the league’s best defence in Chelsea. Tactically Mourinho will set Chelsea up ultra defensively with the aim to nick a 1-0 win however with both teams having players who can score from all over the pitch it is likely to be a very cautious game in the first half. This is one of those matches where it is more important not to lose than it is to win. Chelsea have travelled to Arsenal and Man Utd this season and Mourinho’s tactics resulted in two goalless draws however these two teams have a history of high scoring encounters and if City score first then Chelsea will have to open up to a more attacking formation which could result in a high scoring game. If Chelsea score first they will put 9 or 10 men behind the ball with Mourinho making defensive substitutions around the 70th minute if he has something to protect. 74% of the goals scored in City’s league matches come in the second half with Chelsea’s matches having 55% of their goals scored in the final half. Recommended Bet: HALF WITH MOST GOALS 2ND HALF @ 2.15 (William Hill) Recommended Stake: 2 Points Predicted Strike Rate: 62% City (Possible, 4-2-3-1): Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Fernandinho, Touré; Silva, Jovetic, Navas; Negredo. Out: Agüero (hamstring), Milner (groin), Nasri (knee), Javi Garcia (unspecified) Chelsea (Possible, 4-2-3-1): Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Lampard; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto'o. Out: Torres, Van Ginkel (knee).
Hi PunterA, I would be a little wary of the more 2nd half goals than 1st. This season at home city have 24 and 26 1st and 2nd half match goals. They have more 2nd than 1st half goals 45% of the time.

4pts Under 2.5 goals 11/10 Ladbrokes Although he criticised West Ham for parking the bus last week I expect Jose Mourinho to set his side up to contain and frustrate City in this match. Whether that is possible or not remains to be seen but we saw him do it with success at Old Trafford earlier in the season. At some point City are going to struggle for goals at home and with Aguero out and Negredo not 100% it could be here. I think this will be a frustrating game purely because of Chelsea’s potential negative tactics so I like under 2.5 goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-chelsea-betting-jose-may-be-the-one-to-park-the-bus-to-good-effect-at-the-etihad
I have to agree with you here. To me the weakest player in the City lineup has been Dzeko. He gets so many chances created for him every game, and is really wasteful in front of goal. He does not show that calmness or pure instinct that the very best strikers have. IMO when fully fit, the three best strikers in the league Suarez , Aguero, van Persie. They are streets ahead of Dzeko. Negrado slightly injured, and Aguero injured makes a huge difference to CIty firepower I think Chelsea will be able to contain the City front men. Mourinho has not covered himself and Chelsea in glory with these idiotic comments, and methodical boring playing style. I also think that both managers would settle for a boring 1-1 draw here.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd The price on Man City represents the fact they will be without probably their two best performers this season in Nasri and Aguero and that they are playing against a side, or more accurately a coach, who very rarely lose important games. I think back to the Liverpool game Man City played at home, I was heavily on City, but they were very fortunate to come away with the three points as Liverpool were certainly the best side in the second half and had the best chances. I don't think this will be a walk in the park for City by any stretch, Mourinho will have a game plan and stick to it, most likely it will be defensive and involve a lot of work high up the pitch for Oscar, Hazard, Willian and Eto, closing the defenders and cutting off passes from Toure and Fernandinho. I would certainly favour unders over overs, but that is purely thinking of how Chelsea are likely to approach the game - obviously there is little basis for backing under 2.5 if you are looking at matches at the Eithad this season, since Pellegrini has come in they have had 2 out of 11 home games come in under 2.5 wins against very defensive sides in Hull and Palace. The game is unlikely to open up unless we get an early goal for City which is the first thing Mourinho will want to avoid. This would seem to be the ideal game for Jovetic to be introduced into the starting line-up playing against Dzeko and Negredo is more suited to centre backs like Terry and Cahill, think Jovetic could make a real difference to the title race if he can get some games under his belt, would probably be a big call to start him behind Negredo in a game like this. I think Pellegrini will have to come up with something to get under Chelsea's skin considering the absence of Aguero, him and Negredo are the best partnership in the Premiership, it has been proven on a number of occasions that Dzeko and Negredo aren't as comfortable playing together. 1st Goal Time Over 25.5 - 1.86 - 10bet

Definitely has bore draw written all over it. Mourinho has made a career out of frustrating the life out of more talented opposition, and I think he has a very good chance of wrecking tonight's showpiece encounter. Under 2.5 goals and a more speculative punt on the 0-0 are a must for me. A red card may be a chance too as tempers boil over and the home team grow frustrated with the tactics Mou will deploy. He did it at Old Trafford and I'm backing the masterful Mourinho to come away from Manchester tonight with the point he craves. My bets: 10 points: Under 2.5 goals at even Money (Bet365) 1 point: 0-0 draw at 10/1 (Bet365)
That's a word.I see that the public opinion is that it would be a walk in the park for City tonight.We shall not forget that it's Chelsea and Mourinho City play against.Mourinho is more than capable of shutting City down who is without their 2 best players.Thier home record is impressive but Chelsea can stop them.I cannot see myself betting on the home team with Nasri and Aguero sidelined @ 1.85 and i see some good value on the draw.Yes,The Citizens could sneak the win but it won't be easy for sure.I like HastGill's bet(no early goal scored)but in general i will stick to Draw @3.5 with bet365

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd I think the odds on Man City are unbelievably that good that things like draw no bet at 4/11 and Man City to win or draw at 1/5 come into play. Even Man City win with cover on the 0-0 is an option, I'm between these three alternatives at the moment, I'll decide nearer kick off time which to go with.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd English Premier League the 24th round makes us a wonderful gift in the form of the match two contenders for the title , Manchester City will host Chelsea. The main question before the start of the meeting - Will Jose Mourinho to devise a plan that will stop attacking machine called City, as in the match of the 1st round? Let's try to answer this question. Whatever.. Mou is a coaching genius , the current shape of City when it comes to games on Etihad will be broken. Over 11 meetings at home. 11 wins, the citizens already scored 42 (!) Goals, to compare Chelsea for the entire season (23 games) scored one more 43, while in 23 games scored 68 goals, already 2 more than 38 games last season , and how to stop this attack something ?! No Aguero (17 games , 15 goals) it is clear Aguero injury - a loss for the City a headache for Pellegrini in the choice of main striker. Out still Nasri (21 games , 4 goals) and Garcia (17 games). Chelsea behind citizens by 3 points , so this meeting can not lose , otherwise 6 points gap. In the first round match the blues won 2-1 , showing a very attacking football , few expected from a pragmatist Mourinho tactics in this meeting all waiting again from Chelsea to park the "bus" at theyr gate , but loves all the portuguese surprise , no doubt that he will surprise today. For the last time at the Etihad wasnt able City to score back in November 2010 - Man City scored at home at least one goal for 60 consecutive games. The only weak link for Pellegrini team - it's defense, which repeatedly admits unforgivable mistakes , remember even Torres goal in the 90th minute of the match 1st round and I think that it will focus on Mourinho. In addition, Chelsea is the most successful team of the Premier League game with City on the road, 10 wins. Out for Chelsea, Torres (17 games, 4 goals). Chelsea do not loss. Tactics of the game with Mourinho. He knows how to resist such teams and where are their weaknesses. Chelsea (+0.5) at 2.02 188Bet I think Chelsea will play tight, as it was doing when visiting all major rivals in the Premier. Find a goalless draw against Arsenal and United both away. So do not get surprised if Mou cancel the Sky Blues offensives for the first 45 minutes. First Half, X at 2.35 Ladbrokes It is clear that Mourinho will play from defense. And so here I see a lot of corners from hosts. Manchester City always takes a lot of corners. Exceptions are those games in which City trashes rivals, scoring a couple of goals early in the match. Chelsea, I think there is not an easy opponent and will not allow rivals to get smashed, so I think that Man City will receive a lot of corners. City takes at Etihad on average 7.9 corners/match. Home team Corners Over 6.5 Betsson, odds 1.85 Referee Mike Dean appointed. My final bet is that in the game, the hosts get at least the same YC against his opponent , and yet I have some thoughts on what it is that the preponderance of YC. My arguments : First of all, certainly interesting , it stretches for many scandalous stories , but I will not repeat and describe the professional activities of the referee, do not see the point, and focus attention on the statistics of games involving these clubs. Since the beginning of the season Man City received 42 yellow cards and at the same time in 35 cases, the citizens themselves , got more cards than his opponent. Next, Chelsea - are a disciplined team in the Premier League and Europe as a whole, average received in the Champions League matches , 1 YC/match. 35 YC for the aristocrats since the beginning of the season the Premier League and 52 YC got opponents in matches against the Londoners. That is, according to the above statistics, relying solely on the facts , get more yellow cards the citizens , rather than aristocrats. But all facts , so let's look matches with these clubs , as well as H2H. Match in principle can be compared to inflame the Champions League games , and so on Etihad , Man City got more YC than opponents , only with CSKA Moscow shared equally. Man City - Everton 5-4 Man City - Norwich 1-1 Man City - Swansea 1-0 Man City - Arsenal 2-1 Man City - Crystal Palace 1-1 Man City - West Ham 0-0 Man City - Cardiff 2-0 Man City - Blackburn 2-1 Chelsea , in turn, only in 2 games on the road got more cards than his opponent (at Manchester with United and Liverpool while playing v Everton)! H2H between these clubs : Chelsea - Man City 2-3 Chelsea - Man City 1-3 Man City - Chelsea 3-1 Chelsea - Man City 0-3 And a few words about Michael Dean , the fact a judge participated as main referee in matches involving both Man City and Chelsea had the impression that Michael himself more favorably located to the aristocrats , maybe he is a secret admirer of Chelsea , but namely treatment when the aristocrats where under Di Matteo lead. This guy more than 1 YC/match did not show for 6 matches. While involving officiating in matches with the citizens , and throughout the year had 4 games , Michael showed 10 YC. In 2012, 21.03 in the match Man City - Chelsea (2-1) Mike Dean showed 3 YC , 2-1 in favor of Chelsea. Final tip, Cards - Asian Handicap: Manchester City (+1) at 1.825 Bet365. -------- As for the outcome, 0-0 ; 0-1. Goodbye

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd I'd be tempted to bet on Chelsea in the first half - either by backing Chelsea or by backing unders. I think Mourinho will make sure they are fired up to stop City - and I can see it working in the first half. Not quite sure which bet if any to take, and I'll be listening to the game on Radio Five Live and possibly betting in-play.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd yeahh, i haven`t done bet yet, but i will go for chelsea get something here... all in all, view on man city, is bit distorted by goal tally they have. to me , they have been riding a luck in many games this season, can`t see it going like that all time. take out aguero and you slash half of goals...hazard it self being on a left flank will stop navas and zabalate partnership, by keeping zabalate more back, then he could afford against other teams. chelsa defense is better than man city`s. no nasri. maurinho know`s pellegrini well. this chelsea back six has been holding down barcelonas and bayerns before, i wouldn`t put man city there yet... chelsea might surprise tonight and for sake of betting, won`t go big here, but small bet on both teams to score and draw @ 4.50 or bts and chelsea @ 7 will be something i`ll try.. hopefully no wrong calls tonight... no 0 - 0 `s and no dirty tactis and play...

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd I have to retract my earlier statement regarding both happy with the draw. The more I am thinking about this game , the more convinced I am becoming that City will play their normal style at home. Play a fast paced game, move the ball quickly with such skill, attack constantly from different angles. For me a major part of Chelsea's goal threat is Hazard. Well, he's going to get nothing from the best (by miles), right sided defensive combination (probably in Europe) of Zabaleta, Toure, Kompany. All three of those players are having stellar seasons. They have everything. Speed , Ability, Vision, Understanding, Confidence, Size , Skill. My feeling is that Hazard will get no change on the left side for Chelsea. Nasri is not a massive loss for City this season. In Navas and Silva they have two fantastic players. They move and switch, link the play, make themselves available, and do their defensive duties. Both Navas and Negrado came to City from Sevilla, so they already have an understanding of where the striker wants the ball. For me it is also a strange situation for Chelsea. They are used to being the favorites. Not so in this game, and I am not sure if they will handle being constantly under pressure well. I am not convinced by Lampard and Ramires, and I think they may be vulnerable in midfield. I think the class of City will tell here. They are so different under Pellegrini compared to Mancini (nice 10 million payout he got :p ) The stats back it up. NO slow starting here. 1st half goals 20:4 (9 wins 2 draws) second half goals 22:4 (10 wins 1 draw) City to win HT/FT is as high as 3.15 on 32red and I like it for 3 units I also like the City straight win at 1.9 for 3 units, and will bet on match goals 'in-play' If you are going for the City win, you may as well go full blast and get the better odds. This was the team City played away to Bayern Munich is CL second leg [h=3]Manchester City[/h]

• 01 Hart
  • 02 Richards (Zabaleta - 16' Booked )
  • 13 Kolarov
  • 25 Fernandinho Booked
  • 26 Demichelis
  • 06 Lescott
  • 15 Jesús Navas
  • 14 Javi García
  • 10 Dzeko Booked (Rodwell - 88' )
  • 21 Silva (Negredo - 73' )
  • 07 Milner Booked

Tonight's team will be better than this one !

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd I can see the trend is towards unders here, with the (rightfully so) idea that JM will be happy enough to get a point and will try to ''shut'' the game. Having Aguero out also adds to the under trend. I will go against the public here, as this could be a tight affair, but a goal ( or two ) in the first half could unleash hell. Both teams have good options forward plus midfielders who can score on any given day, plus CB who often take advantage of set pieces. I do not trust Chelsea diffense either way, a goal for City early enough will force JM to move his troups forward...This ground has seen so many goals that it will be no surprise if another goals feast. Over 2,5 Goals with 5,5 units, bet365 Over 3,5 Goals with 1,5 unit, bet365 Over 5,5 Goals with 1 unit, bet365 Red Card - Yes - local - 2 units GL all

I can see the trend is towards unders here, with the (rightfully so) idea that JM will be happy enough to get a point and will try to ''shut'' the game. Having Aguero out also adds to the under trend. I will go against the public here, as this could be a tight affair, but a goal ( or two ) in the first half could unleash hell. Both teams have good options forward plus midfielders who can score on any given day, plus CB who often take advantage of set pieces. I do not trust Chelsea diffense either way, a goal for City early enough will force JM to move his troups forward...This ground has seen so many goals that it will be no surprise if another goals feast. Over 2,5 Goals with 5,5 units, bet365 Over 3,5 Goals with 1,5 unit, bet365 Over 5,5 Goals with 1 unit, bet365 Red Card - Yes - local - 2 units GL all
You didn't put the odds :)

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd So do you buy City to win at just under 2.0? They've won all ELEVEN home games so far, seeing off top sides like Man United, Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool. They've scored 42 goals and conceded 8 - an average margin of over 3 goals! Or do you buy Chelsea, who haven't conceded a goal in their last 3 away league games against Arsenal, Southampton and Hull (all strong home sides). Chelsea +0.5 can also be backed for around 2.0. You could argue a case for both, and I could see this game ending something like 0-0 or 1-1, or at the other extreme something like 4-2. It's probably a 'no bet' for me, but I'll be following it in-play, listening to the radio commentary.

Or do you buy Chelsea, who haven't conceded a goal in their last 3 away league games against Arsenal, Southampton and Hull (all strong home sides). Chelsea +0.5 can also be backed for around 2.0.
Trouble is you can't really say Chelsea are good defensively when comparing Man City to away games against far far far weaker opponents. A short summary of what I think is basically the Mourinho factor is being over emphasised a lot tbh and I'm not sure he has the players capable of pulling off a result like he did at Inter when faced with Barca. I like all of Neil's bets tbh. City will look to exert a lot of influence early on and really wouldn't fancy the unders personally as the probability of City scoring and the game opening up is too high.

So do you buy City to win at just under 2.0? They've won all ELEVEN home games so far, seeing off top sides like Man United, Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool. They've scored 42 goals and conceded 8 - an average margin of over 3 goals! Or do you buy Chelsea, who haven't conceded a goal in their last 3 away league games against Arsenal, Southampton and Hull (all strong home sides). Chelsea +0.5 can also be backed for around 2.0. You could argue a case for both, and I could see this game ending something like 0-0 or 1-1, or at the other extreme something like 4-2. It's probably a 'no bet' for me, but I'll be following it in-play, listening to the radio commentary.
Think you're probably right, I wouldn't be surprised by any scoreline. Like I said earlier the time of the first goal is crucial and will probably dictate how the game plays out..should be a fascinating game anyway, I'll be enjoying it with a beer! The only other thing I will predict is that post-match Mourinho will moan about one or all of the officials.

So do you buy City to win at just under 2.0? They've won all ELEVEN home games so far, seeing off top sides like Man United, Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool. They've scored 42 goals and conceded 8 - an average margin of over 3 goals! Or do you buy Chelsea, who haven't conceded a goal in their last 3 away league games against Arsenal, Southampton and Hull (all strong home sides). Chelsea +0.5 can also be backed for around 2.0. You could argue a case for both, and I could see this game ending something like 0-0 or 1-1, or at the other extreme something like 4-2. It's probably a 'no bet' for me, but I'll be following it in-play, listening to the radio commentary.
You don't do anything as the market has correctly valued both teams with H -0.50 and A +0.50 both around the EVS mark, if you could get Chelsea +0.50 @ 11/10 then that would probably be the bassline for anykind of value. As it stands you would struggle to make anykind of long term profit by betting on the AH market for this game with the way the teams have been priced. I don't know why people want to get involved in these kind of games, there's really nothing in it.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd The way I see it is, you can get even money on a side that have won all their home games, average 4 goals at home all season, have the hottest strikers on the planet, and are playing a side that couldn't break down West Ham at Stamford Bridge and rely on a has been (Eto'o) as their main striker. Not trying to be disrespectful towards Eto'o, he is still very capable, but is nowhere near what he used to be. 1.95 could turn out to be the best value you can find all season imo.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd I agree with the no-bet crowd...even though weekdays in the Premier have been very good for draws over the years. Chelsea currently 4.5 at my book, draw is at 3.68...at win odds of 4.0 to 4.99, weekday dogs have gone 18-26-32 (34% draws) since 2008, including 3-3-4 this season (30%)...last three seasons 33% on the nose each season, which shows you how consistent this is. I'm mainly not getting involved because of how many people have called for a draw here...I also believe that Mou is being overrated. I went back to look at what people were saying when Arsenal came here in December...actually, most got it right calling for goals. That's not Chelsea's game, of course, and nobody matches up all that well with City, even with their missings.

The way I see it is, you can get even money on a side that have won all their home games, average 4 goals at home all season, have the hottest strikers on the planet, and are playing a side that couldn't break down West Ham at Stamford Bridge and rely on a has been (Eto'o) as their main striker. Not trying to be disrespectful towards Eto'o, he is still very capable, but is nowhere near what he used to be. 1.95 could turn out to be the best value you can find all season imo.
Agree about backing against a side that lost at Stoke and Newcastle...but remember that City are averaging most of those goals at home against lesser sides. You can't really lean on stats when two top sides meet.