Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd

Aidymac

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd I think Chelsea at Evs (Double Chance - Ladbrokes) to win or draw is great value. If Man City Score Chelsea will attack and score. Man City do concede. Two against Watford and two against Cardiff both at home. As Chelsea didn't score last time out 0-0 with WHU I think they may well be due a goal. I think the game will be

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd Chelsea won their home game against M City, it was heading for a 1-1 before an injury time winner, Chelsea where the better team during the 90 minutes. Mourinho got the tactics spot on, an I am confident he will do so again for this match. I do not like Unders either, there is too much quality on the pitch to bet under 2.5 goals. It could be said City only know one way to play, an if that does not work they are prone to mistakes on the counter attack from quality opposition. Will bet (all William Hill): .25pts Penalty awarded and scored @ 4.5 (will be lot of last ditch tackles, blocks that could be handball in both boxes) .25pts Draw 0-0 @ 13 .25 ht/ft Draw/Chelsea @ 8.5 .25 Hazard to score and Chelsea to win @ 9 2pt Match Handicap Chelsea +1 @ 1.85

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd The ''genius'' Mourinho better finds a way out how to win against teams like West Ham at home instead of stopping arguably the most in-form team of the World. With Agüero or without him, City seems unstopable at home. I hope odds are going up a bit more on City -0.5.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd

Agree about backing against a side that lost at Stoke and Newcastle...but remember that City are averaging most of those goals at home against lesser sides. You can't really lean on stats when two top sides meet.
(My last post was a reply to this, sorry.)

You don't do anything as the market has correctly valued both teams with H -0.50 and A +0.50 both around the EVS mark, if you could get Chelsea +0.50 @ 11/10 then that would probably be the bassline for anykind of value. As it stands you would struggle to make anykind of long term profit by betting on the AH market for this game with the way the teams have been priced. I don't know why people want to get involved in these kind of games, there's really nothing in it.
I want to get involved because I believe Man City win this over 80% of the time and they only need to win it 55% of the time to make the bet profitable.

The way I see it is, you can get even money on a side that have won all their home games, average 4 goals at home all season, have the hottest strikers on the planet, and are playing a side that couldn't break down West Ham at Stamford Bridge and rely on a has been (Eto'o) as their main striker. Not trying to be disrespectful towards Eto'o, he is still very capable, but is nowhere near what he used to be. 1.95 could turn out to be the best value you can find all season imo.
Totally agree with this but im gonna have a small saver on 1-1 @8.2 on Betfair, my theory is both deep down would take a draw here but its not Citys way to play for the draw, but if the game hits 1-1 probably later rather than sooner i think both Managers would settle for it. GL All

(My last post was a reply to this' date=' sorry.)[/quote'] They've looked awesome, I agree. They didn't score a hell of a lot against Hull and Palace (didn't need to), and scored a slew against Arsenal (for example), though it was a match that many observers felt Arsenal played well in. Arsenal, Spurs, Reds...these are sides that go at their opponents. Chelsea are not. But I was just saying that, in general, when two top sides meet, you shouldn't look at a 7-0 against Norwich and assume they can do that against Chelsea. Overs are generally best played when a match can get out of hand or become competitive early...not when another top side come to visit.

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd quote_icon.png Originally Posted by differ viewpost-right.png ManCity should win the second half here. 2.25 betVictor

You need some reasoning with your posts please or they will be deleted.
I'm sorry. Man City is the best 2nd half team in Europe (i know Zulte Waregem, but they have two more game). They won 10 from 11 2nd halfes... just against Liverpool they can't get the handicap in the second half (2-1 HT). Chelsea has 3 games lost away. Two times they lost the second half (Newcastle+Stoke) With the other big teams the almost draw. Everton they lost in first half. You have to think about that, City killed the big teams at home all with Handicap, (4:1,3:1,6:0,6:3) (liverpool not i know) I think Chelsea will go the same way like ManU, Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham... High Stake on 2nd half win 2.25 Medium Stake on Handicap 3.8 win -1 Prediciton: HT 1-1 FT 3-1

They've looked awesome, I agree. They didn't score a hell of a lot against Hull and Palace (didn't need to), and scored a slew against Arsenal (for example), though it was a match that many observers felt Arsenal played well in. Arsenal, Spurs, Reds...these are sides that go at their opponents. Chelsea are not. But I was just saying that, in general, when two top sides meet, you shouldn't look at a 7-0 against Norwich and assume they can do that against Chelsea. Overs are generally best played when a match can get out of hand or become competitive early...not when another top side come to visit.
Totally agree with your post.. Aguerro, with him or without him.. without him City find a lots of troubles at home while facing Crystal Palace "bus" (1-0 , a game I wrote and predicted Under 3.5 at 1.80 on the PL Forum), to add, Palace did create some dangerous moments. Crystal Palace and Chelsea from the game plan are similar with a lot of + for the aristocrats (quality players), of course. So, no Aguerro, less imagination and without no 10, cant see a guy to bring the surprise element that would panic Chelsea defense.

Totally agree with your post.. Aguerro, with him or without him.. without him City find a lots of troubles at home while facing Crystal Palace "bus" (1-0 , a game I wrote and predicted Under 3.5 at 1.80 on the PL Forum), to add, Palace did create some dangerous moments. Crystal Palace and Chelsea from the game plan are similar with a lot of + for the aristocrats (quality players), of course. So, no Aguerro, less imagination and without no 10, cant see a guy to bring the surprise element that would panic Chelsea defense.
Giving Palace game as an example, really? They were playing every bloody two days, City didn't even try for more there. Official 11s are out, lol Mou perhaps should coach teams like Palace with his disgusting football mentality, because it's sad to see that too many talented offensive players are gettin forced to play in a such a shtty system. City will be able break his defense down probably with Negredo or Kompany from set pieces actions.

Giving Palace game as an example, really? They were playing every bloody two days, City didn't even try for more there. Official 11s are out, lol Mou perhaps should coach teams like Palace with his disgusting football mentality, because it's sad to see that too many talented offensive players are gettin forced to play in a such a shtty system. City will be able break his defense down probably with Negredo or Kompany from set pieces actions.
You dont really understand football or tactics do you. This is a league, not a cup game.

You dont really understand football or tactics do you. This is a league' date=' not a cup game.[/quote'] oh teach me? you will need to have %15+ yield over 200 picks. If your team has hell of a budget, having extremely quality players and playing for the title, you simply can't field a crap 11 like this one. Catenaccio is dead.

Fernandinho being out will be a big loss for city. Anyone know how Demichelis is in cm ' date=' never seen him play pre city.[/quote'] he is a joke in defense in will be bigger joke in midfield..... chelsea will gonna get something tonight, my bets are on :)

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd Question: everyone says that Mourinho would be parking the bus and playing for the draw. But they're 4 points behind Arsenal right now? Wouldn't a win be more important to close the gap to 1 point and overtake City for 2nd place??? Why is a loss so much worse than a draw?

The price on Man City represents the fact they will be without probably their two best performers this season in Nasri and Aguero and that they are playing against a side, or more accurately a coach, who very rarely lose important games. I think back to the Liverpool game Man City played at home, I was heavily on City, but they were very fortunate to come away with the three points as Liverpool were certainly the best side in the second half and had the best chances. I don't think this will be a walk in the park for City by any stretch, Mourinho will have a game plan and stick to it, most likely it will be defensive and involve a lot of work high up the pitch for Oscar, Hazard, Willian and Eto, closing the defenders and cutting off passes from Toure and Fernandinho. I would certainly favour unders over overs, but that is purely thinking of how Chelsea are likely to approach the game - obviously there is little basis for backing under 2.5 if you are looking at matches at the Eithad this season, since Pellegrini has come in they have had 2 out of 11 home games come in under 2.5 wins against very defensive sides in Hull and Palace. The game is unlikely to open up unless we get an early goal for City which is the first thing Mourinho will want to avoid. This would seem to be the ideal game for Jovetic to be introduced into the starting line-up playing against Dzeko and Negredo is more suited to centre backs like Terry and Cahill, think Jovetic could make a real difference to the title race if he can get some games under his belt, would probably be a big call to start him behind Negredo in a game like this. I think Pellegrini will have to come up with something to get under Chelsea's skin considering the absence of Aguero, him and Negredo are the best partnership in the Premiership, it has been proven on a number of occasions that Dzeko and Negredo aren't as comfortable playing together. 1st Goal Time Over 25.5 - 1.86 - 10bet WON
Chelsea much the better team, another Mourinho masterclass.

he is a joke in defense in will be bigger joke in midfield..... chelsea will gonna get something tonight' date=' my bets are on :)[/quote'] nice one, didn`t go big, but still nice to get decent bit :).... demichelis choise in a middle really convnced me to go for it :) isn`t maurinho 8 - pallegrini 0 now?