Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd

Aidymac

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd

Question: everyone says that Mourinho would be parking the bus and playing for the draw. But they're 4 points behind Arsenal right now? Wouldn't a win be more important to close the gap to 1 point and overtake City for 2nd place??? Why is a loss so much worse than a draw?
(writing after the match has finished) ... Because I think although Arsenal were top of the league before kick off tonight, City and Chelsea probably see each other as their main threat to them winning the title. A draw would have meant no change in the position between the clubs, a defeat would have meant a 3 point adjustment in favour of your main competitors ...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd Backing mourinho in big games is surely +ev! Don't know how he does it but every single time he motivates his team to the max and his tactical skills are great. Glad I skipped betting. Exciting game to watch though

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd

English Premier League the 24th round makes us a wonderful gift in the form of the match two contenders for the title , Manchester City will host Chelsea. The main question before the start of the meeting - Will Jose Mourinho to devise a plan that will stop attacking machine called City, as in the match of the 1st round? Let's try to answer this question. Whatever.. Mou is a coaching genius , the current shape of City when it comes to games on Etihad will be broken. Over 11 meetings at home. 11 wins, the citizens already scored 42 (!) Goals, to compare Chelsea for the entire season (23 games) scored one more 43, while in 23 games scored 68 goals, already 2 more than 38 games last season , and how to stop this attack something ?! No Aguero (17 games , 15 goals) it is clear Aguero injury - a loss for the City a headache for Pellegrini in the choice of main striker. Out still Nasri (21 games , 4 goals) and Garcia (17 games). Chelsea behind citizens by 3 points , so this meeting can not lose , otherwise 6 points gap. In the first round match the blues won 2-1 , showing a very attacking football , few expected from a pragmatist Mourinho tactics in this meeting all waiting again from Chelsea to park the "bus" at theyr gate , but loves all the portuguese surprise , no doubt that he will surprise today. For the last time at the Etihad wasnt able City to score back in November 2010 - Man City scored at home at least one goal for 60 consecutive games. The only weak link for Pellegrini team - it's defense, which repeatedly admits unforgivable mistakes , remember even Torres goal in the 90th minute of the match 1st round and I think that it will focus on Mourinho. In addition, Chelsea is the most successful team of the Premier League game with City on the road, 10 wins. Out for Chelsea, Torres (17 games, 4 goals). Chelsea do not loss. Tactics of the game with Mourinho. He knows how to resist such teams and where are their weaknesses. Chelsea (+0.5) at 2.02 188Bet I think Chelsea will play tight, as it was doing when visiting all major rivals in the Premier. Find a goalless draw against Arsenal and United both away. So do not get surprised if Mou cancel the Sky Blues offensives for the first 45 minutes. First Half, X at 2.35 Ladbrokes It is clear that Mourinho will play from defense. And so here I see a lot of corners from hosts. Manchester City always takes a lot of corners. Exceptions are those games in which City trashes rivals, scoring a couple of goals early in the match. Chelsea, I think there is not an easy opponent and will not allow rivals to get smashed, so I think that Man City will receive a lot of corners. City takes at Etihad on average 7.9 corners/match. Home team Corners Over 6.5 Betsson, odds 1.85 Referee Mike Dean appointed. My final bet is that in the game, the hosts get at least the same YC against his opponent , and yet I have some thoughts on what it is that the preponderance of YC. My arguments : First of all, certainly interesting , it stretches for many scandalous stories , but I will not repeat and describe the professional activities of the referee, do not see the point, and focus attention on the statistics of games involving these clubs. Since the beginning of the season Man City received 42 yellow cards and at the same time in 35 cases, the citizens themselves , got more cards than his opponent. Next, Chelsea - are a disciplined team in the Premier League and Europe as a whole, average received in the Champions League matches , 1 YC/match. 35 YC for the aristocrats since the beginning of the season the Premier League and 52 YC got opponents in matches against the Londoners. That is, according to the above statistics, relying solely on the facts , get more yellow cards the citizens , rather than aristocrats. But all facts , so let's look matches with these clubs , as well as H2H. Match in principle can be compared to inflame the Champions League games , and so on Etihad , Man City got more YC than opponents , only with CSKA Moscow shared equally. Man City - Everton 5-4 Man City - Norwich 1-1 Man City - Swansea 1-0 Man City - Arsenal 2-1 Man City - Crystal Palace 1-1 Man City - West Ham 0-0 Man City - Cardiff 2-0 Man City - Blackburn 2-1 Chelsea , in turn, only in 2 games on the road got more cards than his opponent (at Manchester with United and Liverpool while playing v Everton)! H2H between these clubs : Chelsea - Man City 2-3 Chelsea - Man City 1-3 Man City - Chelsea 3-1 Chelsea - Man City 0-3 And a few words about Michael Dean , the fact a judge participated as main referee in matches involving both Man City and Chelsea had the impression that Michael himself more favorably located to the aristocrats , maybe he is a secret admirer of Chelsea , but namely treatment when the aristocrats where under Di Matteo lead. This guy more than 1 YC/match did not show for 6 matches. While involving officiating in matches with the citizens , and throughout the year had 4 games , Michael showed 10 YC. In 2012, 21.03 in the match Man City - Chelsea (2-1) Mike Dean showed 3 YC , 2-1 in favor of Chelsea. Final tip, Cards - Asian Handicap: Manchester City (+1) at 1.825 Bet365. -------- As for the outcome, 0-0 ; 0-1. Goodbye
HT: 0-1 LOST FT: 0-1 WON 2.00 Corners: 12 City WON 1.85 Yellow Cards: 3-3 WON 1.825 3 bets won on a very hard match to predict To sum it up, Mourinho it is a Coaching Genius, hatters gonna hate, but he often cames with a surprise player or tactics in such derby game, and the surprise element was: Nemanja Matic, right? Bet that Pellegrini wasnt expected to see it! Matic was brilliant as his debut for the aristocrats. Aguerro missing was a big blow to the players, who lost from confidence, see Dzeko or Silva. I am not a bif fan of Mourinho, but last night everyone saw it for once that he is a.. master (in all ways you want).

Re: Manchester City v Chelsea > Monday February 3rd Totally agree about Fernandinho being a huge miss. Without his energy, and with Matic and Luiz nullifying Toure and moving it on quickly to Hazard and Willian, Chelsea dominated the final third. Dimachelis is a good option against 15 teams in the EPL. However, his lack of mobility is plain for all to see against the elite opponents. Well done Chelsea. Tactically perfect.