** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

June 17 - June 23

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: June 17 - June 23 Looked through both draws of each tournament, cant find any stand out winners. The top half of the draw at Eastbourne looks pretty nice, I cant see Raonic winning it, however I cant see many decent grass courters that have the potential to win it.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Seppi to beat Rufin - Pinnacle @ 1.68 Firstly id like to say every time I put a bet on involving Seppi it seems to lose, so bet with caution ;) This match features Seppi ranked 26th in the world and Rufin ranked 93rd in the world. Seppi is a very good grass court player winning 37 matches to just 25 loses. Where as Rufin is a very inexperienced grass court player, having only played 13 matches on grass. Sometimes so close to a major, alot of the players will lose focus and will not be to bothered how they do in the tournaments running up to it. However I do not fear this will be the case with Seppi, he has played here the previous 2 years and he has reached the final on both occasions. Winning it in 2011. These two have met once and Seppi won this match, this was on Rufin's preferred surface of clay. Rufin just qualified for the first round and was not really challenged however he did play some easy opponents. He lost to Roger Vasselin in the first round at Queens and Seppi is a better player in my opinion. Seppi may not be in great form however hes played some tough opponents and has beat the likes of Robredo, Falla and Mayer in his last 9 matches. Where as Rufin has not beat a player ranked inside the top 80 in his last 10 matches. If Seppi can play pretty average today I think he can beat Rufin!

Re: June 17 - June 23 Back Kyle Edmund to beat Kenny De Schepper @ 6.00 >Betfair I thought Edmund did well last week against Zemlja at Queen's, losing in two tight sets, and I rate Zemlja much higher on grass than De Schepper. Although De Schepper made the third round at Queen's, his draw in the first couple of rounds was kind, and he was beaten easily by Kudla after that. Edmund should have gained confidence from his performance against Zemlja, and against a player in De Schepper who despite his age doesn't have that much ATP main draw experience, I don't see why he can't get his maiden ATP win. I certainly wouldn't price De Schepper so short, even though he has already won a few matches in qualifying here, and so I think there might be some value in backing the youngster in this match. Back Grega Zemlja to beat Fabio Fognini @ 2.20 >Betfair I don't think I would have Fognini as the favourite for this, as I think this match could go either way. Zemlja had a few matches last week at Queen's, whilst Fognini comes into this match having not played since the French Open. He employed the same strategy last year, and was very nearly knocked out in his first match against Ramos, a player who isn't at his most comfortable on grass. I think Zemlja is a pretty good grass court player, and he should be feeling comfortable on the surface against Fognini. If it takes Fognini anywhere near as long as it did last year to get used to the grass, he could be at risk of an early exit here, particularly against a player like Zemlja who is in some decent form.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Simona Halep to beat Anina Beck @1.90 on Betfair My first post was a loss, so time to hopefully redeem myself. I cannot understand why Halep is not a strong favourite for this match. She famously had a boob reduction a while back but has been a revelation in the clay court season posting 12-4 on the dirt. She hits the ball hard and flat and won her last tournament while she has recently defeated some top players like Petkovic, Jankovic, Vinci, Safarova, and Radwanska. Fair enough she hasn't had much rest after her last tournament, but if in full physical condition she should be too good for Beck who only boasts a 11/17 record this year on the main tour. I think the reasons for the pricing is that Beck played some good stuff on the grass last year and a worry over Halep's fitness. Nevertheless, I don't think the surface and fitness doubts are enough to outweigh the fact that for me Halep is the better player and should still win. Of course Beck has a chance, but Halep is the form player right now and I would probably price her up at 1.4 so this seems like a good value bet. (I also think Kirilenko should win tomorrow against Jovanovski @2/7 and the 2-0 sets win is worth a play at 5/6 with Bwin)

Re: June 17 - June 23 Back Jarkko Nieminen to win ATP Eastbourne for a 1/10 stake at 46.30 with Pinnacle Back Gilles Simon to win ATP Eastbourne for a 1/10 stake at 12.08 with Pinnacle Not sure why Raonic is such a big fav after seeing him play in Halle, so going with two that could easily go quite far with a little bit of luck. Nieminen has a good record against Lopez and the draw would really open up for him after that, while Simon could get a bit of a boost after that performance against Federer in the French Open, especially since he has been handed a very acceptable draw this time around. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-eastbourne-betting-milos-raonic-looks-a-bit-overrated-over-in-eastbourne-this-week-20130617 Back Stanislas Wawrinka to win ATP Hertogenbosch for a 1/10 stake at 7.02 with Pinnacle It is hard to oppose Ferrer in this sort of form, but Wawrinka could challenge him if he is already fully fit and rested after the French Open run, which he certainly should be. He has always been solid enough on grass and doesn't have a particularly taxing draw, so these odds do look worth taking to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-hertogenbosch-betting-stanislas-wawrinka-looks-set-for-a-good-run-in-hertogenbosch-this-week-20130617 Back Tsvetana Pironkova to win WTA Hertogenbosch for a 1/10 stake at 27.00 with Pinnacle Back Urszula Radwanska to win WTA Hertogenbosch for a 1/10 stake at 26.00 with Bet365 Both of these could lose very early or go really far I feel, so I am going to have a small punt on both of them. Pironkova always tends to play well on grass regardless of her previous form, while Radwanska made it to the finals here last year and has already started her new run with a simple victory, so fancy her to emerge on top once again at this price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-hertogenbosch-betting-the-underdogs-could-shine-in-hertogenbosch-over-the-next-few-days-20130617

Re: June 17 - June 23 2pts K.Anderson to win ATP Eastbourne 13.00 Ladbrokes 1pt F.Lopez to win ATP Eastbourne 15.00 Ladbrokes I think both of these should have a good tournament and potentially could be our final. Lopez looked very good at Queens and could of easily made the final after pushing Cilic so close. He has taken well to the grass and will want to follow that on with a decent draw here. Anderson also in some decent form will have a test against Simon but if he gets through that Id expect him to beat Kohlschrieber too and 13s seems a decent price.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Wimbledon Qualifiers : 1.5pts H.Laaksonen to beat D.Guez 2.25 Bet365 I don't think this game is a thriller by any sense of the imagination, but I think the value lies with Laaksonen. He has had some decent results this year and is at his best ranking of his career (*229th) and although he has the lower rank (*vs 176th) Id favour him. The bonkers thing about this game is that I can't actually find one stat that any of these 2 have played a grass game in their career. Both haven't got to this stage before and haven't played grass for atleast past few years so we will see. ATP Eastbourne: 2pts F.Verdasco to beat A.Dolgopolov 2.10 Bet365 Haven't seen much from Verdasco recently and hasn't played on the grass I believe yet, since 2011. Id favour him over Dolgo though. Dolgo lost 3-0 to Tursunov on the clay, at the french open and then at Queens on his return to the grass lost to Becker 2-0 in round 2 after beating Giraldo. He hasn't been in any kind of form really. Verdasco also played on the clay at french and beat Ciguel in straight sets and then went out to Tipsarevic on a 5th set tie breaker. I just think Verdasco has the edge on the grass here. In 2011 he done pretty well on the grass. He got to a Queens Quarter-final before going out to Roddick. WTA Eastbourne : 2pts V.Lepchenko to beat H.Watson 2.00 Bet365 1pt Lepchenko 2-0 3.00 Bet365 Watson has been awful of late and I don't see it getting any better here. Lepchenko is a good player. Head to head never played against eachother. Watson favours the grass really, where as you'd argue Lepchenko isn't a fan. She has some decent results on it though. Last year she beat Pavlychenkova in straight sets before going out to Kvitova which is no embarrasment. Watson hasn't had the best of luck with her injuries and I feel she still isn't ready for Wimbledon.

Re: June 17 - June 23 2 PICKS: ATP EASTBOURNE BLAKE-3 GAMES HANDICAP OVER RAMOS @ 1.81 on pinnaclesports WIMBLEDON QUALIFICATION STEBE TO DEFEAT GONZALEZ BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.72 on bet365 Surely, Blake is half of the player he was a couple of years back , but on grass, and especially after winning 3 qualifying matches, he should still be too good for the clay courter Ramos. Gonzalez (like Ramos) is a typical clay court player with solid baseline game. Stebe has a good game for grass with good skills for all areas of the court.

Re: June 17 - June 23 2.5pts M.Baghdatis -4.5 1.61 Bet365 0.5pts M.Baghdatis -5.5 2.10 Bet365 Not the best of odds here but I think there is a big difference between the two on the grass courts. You only have to look at the career records on grass. Berlocq Won 3, Lost 11. Bag Won 34 and lost 21. Berlocq last year on the grass was pretty average, losing to Bemmelmans and Stebe where as Bag was beating players such as Gasquet and going deep in tournaments. Small bet on the higher handicap too.

Re: June 17 - June 23

2.5pts M.Baghdatis -4.5 1.61 Bet365 0.5pts M.Baghdatis -5.5 2.10 Bet365 Not the best of odds here but I think there is a big difference between the two on the grass courts. You only have to look at the career records on grass. Berlocq Won 3, Lost 11. Bag Won 34 and lost 21. Berlocq last year on the grass was pretty average, losing to Bemmelmans and Stebe where as Bag was beating players such as Gasquet and going deep in tournaments. Small bet on the higher handicap too.
I know this game has already started but I think the bookies are really underestimating Berlocq here, Baghdatis really 1.18 favourite? I this Baghdatis will win, but I doubt it will be to comfortable. Baghdatis has lost 9 of his last 10 all be it against decent opponents. I haven't backed anything in this match as I wasn't really confident but I think Baghdatis is to big of a favourite!

Re: June 17 - June 23 10 point win Double Li to beat Cornet 2-0 1/2 and Kvitova to beat Niculescu 2-0 4/7 Paddy Power (2.36) I was thinking of setting up a new thread of players to be against at Wimbledon and lo and behold 2 prime candidates are Cornet and Niculescu. Fist of all Niculescu has beaten nobody of note on grass and lost to Fotetz-Gacon last year at Wimbledon. Her serve is weak and I would expect Kvitova to clean up, after all everybody else does. As long as Kvitova is serious about winning the match, she should do so easily and overpower her opponent. Cornet beat Paszek at the Olympics last year but was beateb by her at Wimbledon winning 3 games. Her only other win on grass was against Bratchikova in Wimbledon last year but she has lost to players like Keothavong, Olaru, Boradenko (K) and Kudrayvatseva mostly in straight sets. She was hammered by Hantuchova last year at Wimbledon. She is good on clay but in 2 matches with Li one on clay, the other on carpet she has won 4 games both times. I see Li overpowering her again her provided she too takes the match seriously. So the way to go is a straight sets victory for both. Sorry about the prices but from my point of view it is important to get back on track! Good Luck

Re: June 17 - June 23 @joeblitz Cornet is a much improved player this last twelve months, but that said, Li on grass should have too much for her, wouldn't be surprised if it went to three sets though and Kvitova is a headcase at the best of times, and often throws in a shocker of a set against players she should be dominating, and against an unorthodox opponent like Nicelscu, I'd also be wary of her ability to take it in two (but then my recent bets have all gone t1ts up!), still perhaps some food for thought

Re: June 17 - June 23 what the hell has gone wrong with Baghdatis this last year? he's a shadow of the player he was wonder if there's some personal stuff going on distracting him, a fit and focussed Baghy would've easily dispatched Berlocq on grass

Re: June 17 - June 23 Amity, so have mine! I know Cornet has improved but when ranked 11 in 09 she cut no ice on grass and her h2h with Li is poor. I'm sorry but I will be against Cornet at Wimbledon if her opponent is any way half decent. Doesn't she have a lot of points to defend in a clay court tournament after Wimbledon in Bad Gastein? And I will be against Niculescu too who struggles to win a match at any grand slam these days. Kvitova is a headcase but in both cases they should simply overpower their opponents in straight sets easily. It depends on whether both Li and Kvitova are up for it. This tounament throws up many shocks and I don't think I will be doing too much this week on the womens side but we'll see? Baghdatis is pathetic right now. He seems to have no motivation these days. It is great to get your opinion and is much appreciated.

Seppi to beat Rufin - Pinnacle @ 1.68 Firstly id like to say every time I put a bet on involving Seppi it seems to lose, so bet with caution ;) This match features Seppi ranked 26th in the world and Rufin ranked 93rd in the world. Seppi is a very good grass court player winning 37 matches to just 25 loses. Where as Rufin is a very inexperienced grass court player, having only played 13 matches on grass. Sometimes so close to a major, alot of the players will lose focus and will not be to bothered how they do in the tournaments running up to it. However I do not fear this will be the case with Seppi, he has played here the previous 2 years and he has reached the final on both occasions. Winning it in 2011. These two have met once and Seppi won this match, this was on Rufin's preferred surface of clay. Rufin just qualified for the first round and was not really challenged however he did play some easy opponents. He lost to Roger Vasselin in the first round at Queens and Seppi is a better player in my opinion. Seppi may not be in great form however hes played some tough opponents and has beat the likes of Robredo, Falla and Mayer in his last 9 matches. Where as Rufin has not beat a player ranked inside the top 80 in his last 10 matches. If Seppi can play pretty average today I think he can beat Rufin!
Good start to the week! (Just) 4/5 for the grass season now

Re: June 17 - June 23 Bit of a nightmare start to this weeks action but Verdasco coming through atleast saves too much of a loss. Baghdatis will join Berdych on my "never again" list that's for sure. Apologies for anyone following that bet. -1.92pts

Re: June 17 - June 23 ATP Eastbourne : 2.5pts Over 22.5 games J.Ward Vs B.Tomic 1.72 I was going to also add a win for Ward but looking over his results he hasn't beaten anyone of any significance over the course of the last year or so. He has a pretty average year last year losing 2-1 to Anderson at Queens, and 2-1 to Matosevic at Nottingham. He had a good Wimbledon to be fair. He beat Andujar in 5 sets and then lost another 5 set match against Mardy Fish in which he was no doubt very tired in that. Basically, I don't particularly rate Tomic. He had an amazing year in 2011 but ever since that loss to Djokovic in the Wimbledon quarters it's kind of gone down-hill. The injury hasn't helped and he has gone out in the first round of the majority of tournaments since then. That, the fact his dad is in the crowd and has been banned from the majority of places due to beating him his hitting partner, and added to that were in the UK should give Ward the impetus to atleast get over the games line. ATP Hertogenbosch : 2pts E.Vasselin to beat Lu 2-0 2.10 Bet365 I think Vasselin has progressed recently. I see abit of him in the Nice tournament in which he got to the Semi-finals, beating Querrey and taking a set off the eventual winner. He then went out of the French Open to Almagro in the second-round but Almagro went on in that tournament to beat Seppi and had a long drawn out game against Robredo after that. He then took Tsonga close at Queen's with his intro to the grass. He isn't a bad grass courter really. Won 1 lost 1 this year. Won 4 lost 3 last year. Hsun-Lu had a decent year last year on the grass but I've yet to see him do much this year and I think Vasselin will be the most up for this one. M.Llodra to beat B.Paire 2-0 2.50 Bet365 Llodra on his favoured surface should be able to get past Clay courter Paire. He is so underrated Llodra and it doesn't help with all his injuries. Queens he beat Andujar but then went out injured against Matosevic. If he is fit, I think he will have enough to win this in straight sets against Paire, who struggled with 295th ranked Baker in round 1 of Queens and went out in straight sets to Kudla ranked 112th in round 2. His obvious talent will help him beat lower ranked players but once he comes up against someone with grass calibre I don't think he is going to win.

Re: June 17 - June 23 If anyone is interested tipp3.at an austrian bookie offers two special bets for the wimbledon Tournament. You have to answer 8 Questions to get fixed Odds of @100, if one question is wrong you still get @2,00. I have tried some combinations for fun :eek http://www.tipp3.at/html/hitbets.jsp?uepSessionToken=bcce4f03e8232dc36e7453b2cadd4399

If anyone is interested tipp3.at an austrian bookie offers two special bets for the wimbledon Tournament. You have to answer 8 Questions to get fixed Odds of @100, if one question is wrong you still get @2,00. I have tried some combinations for fun :eek http://www.tipp3.at/html/hitbets.jsp?uepSessionToken=bcce4f03e8232dc36e7453b2cadd4399
Tough when you dont speak Austrian ;)

Tough when you dont speak Austrian ;)
All Questions related to the main draw, no quallies WTA = Damen Williams to reach final and win it 2-0 Yes/No Azarenka to win more rounds then Kvitova Yes/No LI to win more rounds then Radwanska Yes/No Kerber to win more rounds then Kuznetsova Yes/No V. Williams to win more rounds then Ivanovic Yes/No Will Tamira Paszek (AUT) reach at least round 2? Yes/No Will there be more then 40 3-setters in the tournament Yes/No Will there be more then 28 Tie-Breaks in the tournment? Yes/No ATP=Herren Will Nadal win more rounds then Murray? Y/N Will Berdych win more rounds then Haas? Y/N Will Tsonga win more rounds then Del Potro? Y/N Will Melzer(AUT) win more rounds then Haider-Maurer(AUT)? Y/N Will there be more then 22 Five-setters? Y/N Will there be more then 88 Tie-Breaks played? Y/N Will there be more then 4 Tie-Breaks in the 2semis+the final Y/N Will there be played exactely 4 sets in the final? Y/N If all are correct @100, if one is wrong @2,00 It may be fun...

Re: June 17 - June 23 Back Xavier Malisse to beat David Ferrer @ 5.80 >Betfair Malisse caused Del Potro all sorts of problems last week at Queen's, taking him to three sets and serving for the match. Although Malisse fell short in the end, I think he will have been happy with the way he played. He should feel that he can be competitive here against Ferrer, especially as this is Ferrer's first match since losing to Nadal in the French Open final. Last year in this tournament Ferrer had a far easier first match which allowed him to get used to conditions, but I think Malisse is good enough on this surface to put him under pressure from the start. If that happens, errors could creep into Ferrer's game and Malisse might be able to knock out the defending champion. Back Igor Sijsling to beat Stanislas Wawrinka @ 3.10 Betfair Wawrinka is another player that hasn't played since the French Open, and as he doesn't have the greatest record on grass, he could find Sijsling a tough nut to crack. The Dutchman gave a good account of himself at Queen's last week, making the third round and taking a set against Tsonga, and so he should be feeling good about playing another match on grass. He won a couple of matches here last year, and as the home player he is likely to get good support. Wawrinka has done very little on this surface in the last year, and I think it's possible that he won't be too concerned if he loses this match.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Back P.Kvitova/M.Niculescu - Over 19.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 1.86 with Pinnacle I am really not sure about Kvitova's form right now. She has been up and down all season and I can see her struggling at the start of the grass court swing. I am not saying that she is going to lose, but I think that Niculescu is good enough to hang in there and take advantage of any blips that Kvitova might produce, so this total games line looks a touch low to me really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/niculescu-vs-kvitova-betting-petra-kvitova-might-struggle-at-the-start-of-her-eastbourne-campaign-20130618 Back Martin Klizan (+1.5 sets) to beat Viktor Troicki for a 2/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnacle Both guys can be excellent on one day and poor on another one, but I have to say that I find the odds for the set handicap a bit off here. After all, Klizan nearly won their only H2H meeting - which, incidentally, took place on a grass court - and has enough quality to trouble Troicki at times. The Serb should be happy about his solid French Open run, but that alone isn't enough to convince me that he deserves to be such a big favourite here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/klizan-vs-troicki-betting-martin-klizan-might-have-his-own-say-in-the-clash-with-viktor-troicki-20130618

Re: June 17 - June 23 WTA Eastbourne: Beygelzimer to beat Robson @ 4.160 (Pinnacle:2/10) Small punt here for me. Why not? She may lose easily but this is Laura Robson we are talking about - wildly inconsistent and she's not reliable at short odds imo. She has a big game and can raise it against top players at times but when her serve isnt working, her game pretty much unravels, loads of errors. One grass match under her belt, losing to Hantuchova, no shame there. Beygelzimer qualified here so has some matches in her legs....beat Bouchard and Cepelova. Hits the ball fairly hard but also makes alot of errors too. Not doing anything serious this week in terms of betting, just a couple of value punts here or there, see how it goes. :hope

Re: June 17 - June 23 Sijsling - Wawrinka Malisse - Ferrer Paszek - Wozniacki Hampton - Agniesia Ramos - Verdasco At least a set for each one bolded is possible, if not more... Apart of Ramos, all mentioned like grass and've played at least a bit this days on it, on the contrary to their opponents, who may need some more time to adjust... Ramos isn't a grass player at all, but against Verdasco he has chances, looking good beating qualifier Blake easily, while Verdasco lost a set 1:6 to Dolgopolov.. with his mental madness, Verdasco can lose a set to almost anyone..

Re: June 17 - June 23 Kudla to beat Peliwo 2-0 - Bet365 @ 1.8 This match features Denis Kudla ranked 105th in the world and Filip Peliwo ranked 550th in the world. In the first round Peliwo played Bradley Klahn and won 2-1, this was no easy match, the 3rd set finished 9-7. Klahn is a very poor grass courter and has yet to win a game on grass in his career. Where as Kudla had a more comfortable game against Herbert where he won in straight sets. Peliwo is still playing on the futures tour which is a big gap in level between the ATP tour where Kudla is now playing at. This is only Peliwo's second game on grass in his career so it may take him a while to get used to things against the inform Kudla. Kudla has won 7 of his last 10 games, these include all 3 qualifying games for the French Open. A run to the quarter final at Queens, beating Delbonis, Paire and De Scheeper all in straight sets. Before losing to Tsonga in the next round. This really shows the level he is playing at now, he should be able to beat Peliwo he plays to his potential. Peliwo has very limited experience at ATP tour events never mind majors at Wimbledon, therefore he may be a little nervous and this could affect things. Kudla has a really successful season and it wont be long before hes in the top 100, hes won 29 matches this season to just 12 loses!

Re: June 17 - June 23 looks like my fantastic luck will continue. Paire 3-0 down decides to retire because he knows he is going to lose. Void bet there. Is there anything more annoying? This so rarely happens the other way, it seems. How come Vasselin doesn't retire. Do himself a favour, he looks terrible.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Damn.....missed it............good call.....GOOD PRICE.......on Malisse!

Back Xavier Malisse to beat David Ferrer @ 5.80 >Betfair Malisse caused Del Potro all sorts of problems last week at Queen's, taking him to three sets and serving for the match. Although Malisse fell short in the end, I think he will have been happy with the way he played. He should feel that he can be competitive here against Ferrer, especially as this is Ferrer's first match since losing to Nadal in the French Open final. Last year in this tournament Ferrer had a far easier first match which allowed him to get used to conditions, but I think Malisse is good enough on this surface to put him under pressure from the start. If that happens, errors could creep into Ferrer's game and Malisse might be able to knock out the defending champion. Back Igor Sijsling to beat Stanislas Wawrinka @ 3.10 Betfair Wawrinka is another player that hasn't played since the French Open, and as he doesn't have the greatest record on grass, he could find Sijsling a tough nut to crack. The Dutchman gave a good account of himself at Queen's last week, making the third round and taking a set against Tsonga, and so he should be feeling good about playing another match on grass. He won a couple of matches here last year, and as the home player he is likely to get good support. Wawrinka has done very little on this surface in the last year, and I think it's possible that he won't be too concerned if he loses this match.