** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

June 17 - June 23

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: June 17 - June 23 3pts M.Rybarikova to beat U.Radwanska 1.72 Bet365 1pt 2-0 Rybarikova 2.87 Bet365 Head to head reads 2-0 to Rybarikova who has played well recently. Won in straight sets in her previous match also. On grass they have met and Ryb won there in straight sets and I don't think Urz has really improved terribly in the last few years... if atall.

Re: June 17 - June 23 That was brave of Torque going for Malisse. Well done! Thought he might have taken a set. Waiting on Li for my confidence double and hope the break hasnt affected her. Surprised nobody put Hampton up against Radwanska? She has looked very good lately and also in the qualies here.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Kirilenko to beat Baltacha 2-0 8/11 Bet365 I think there is a big gap between these 2 at the moment and even bearing in mind that it is a warm up tournament I still expect a comfortable victory for Kirilenko. Baltacha did well to beat Pliskova today winning in the 2nd set tiebreak after failing to serve it out. Kirilenko beat the promising Jovanovski when after a tough first set she ran away with the second. Kirilenko is a tough competitor and good on grass to as her results have shown and even Baltacha at her best would struggle to take a sat. 10 points win Kirilenko to win 2-0 8/11 Bet365

Re: June 17 - June 23 Another injury and a void bet. Hampton that is the first time in a while I've left her alone and she wins with ease. What is happening haha :D Previews to come in the morning if I can find anything. Still have Lopez in the outright but it's a loss on the Anderson outright. Some funny results.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Radek Stepanek @ 1.79 >Betfair I would price Kohlschreiber a little lower than this, and so I'm going to back the German in this match despite being let down by him last week. Although Stepanek is in good form and won a Challenger tournament on clay a couple of weeks ago, he has only had one match on grass so far this season. That was against Matosevic in the first round here, whereas Kohlschreiber had three matches on the surface in Halle. That might give Kohlschreiber a slight edge over Stepanek, even though Stepanek has had more joy when the two have met previously. None of those matches were played on grass though, and as I think Kohlschreiber is the better player on the surface, I think he is a fair price against the veteran Czech.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Malisse -3 to beat Lu - Pinnacle @ 1.79 This match features Malisse ranked 60th in the world and Lu ranked 74th in the world. Malisse is a great grass court player winning 54 matches to 28 loses, a win percentage of 65.85%. Where as Lu has a much worst record of 23 wins to 27 loses, a win percentage of 46%, considerably worst than Malisse's. These two have met 3 times and Malisse has won all 3 in straight sets. Malisse also has a great record here, he has played here on 4 occasions reaching the semi final 3 times and quarter final once. Even more impressively Malisse beat the red hot favourite David Ferrer in the last round, Ferrer has been in great form and reached the final of the French Open, he was also odds of 2.62 to win here. Lu may have beat Roger Vasselin in the first round, however Vasselin certainly did not perform and seemed uninterested. He has also had alot of injury problems this year, leading to him dropping out of 2 of his last 10 matches. Lu is certainly not the greatest grass courter in the world and has played here once and got knocked out in the first round, I can not see any other result than a Malisse win after his great victory over Ferrer.

Re: June 17 - June 23 brilliant call from Torque on Malisse! sadly I wasn't brave enough to take it Malisse will take some stopping now, I can see him going all out to win this now, even if it means he could be a bit fatigued coming into Wimbledon

Re: June 17 - June 23 @Torque also a brilliant call on Kyle Edmund! I watched him wrest control of that first set and yet couldn't bring myself to throw some money on him have been stung by a few bets lately, means am much more wary now, but alas, if you don't bet, you stand no chance of winning!

Lucie Safarova vs Samantha Stosur Safarova comes into this match having beaten stosur the last 2 times including a 7-6 7-6 win over her this year in the fed cup. In fact the last 4 sets they have played have all been tiebreaks which Safarova has won. The last 4 matches between them have had tiebreaks and both women aren't exactly setting the world on fire. Over 21.5 games and Lucie Safarova + 3.5 games both look nice bets. Over 21.5 games @ $1.90 Safarova +3.5 games @ $1.90 Both with Tab Sportsbet.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Back Ivan Dodig (+2.5) to beat Milos Raonic for a 2/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Raonic was awful in his first grass court match of the season, so going against him looks worth it here. Dodig seems to be fairly good on the surface and his serve will work against Raonic, so I fancy him to cover this handicap line and perhaps even defeat the powerful Canadian at the end of the day. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dodig-vs-raonic-betting-ivan-dodig-can-trouble-the-powerful-canadian-in-eastbourne-20130619 Back Anabel Medina Garrigues to beat Dominika Cibulkova for a 2/10 stake at 2.38 with William Hill Dominika Cibulkova was really poor in her first match in Hertogenbosch - she should have gone out in all fairness. It seems that she is still struggling with some kind of injury and, if she produces a similar performance today, I can see Medina Garrigues picking her game apart. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/medina-garrigues-vs-cibulkova-betting-dominika-cibulkova-looks-a-bit-overrated-over-in-the-netherlands-20130619

Re: June 17 - June 23

Sijsling - Wawrinka Malisse - Ferrer Paszek - Wozniacki Hampton - Agniesia Ramos - Verdasco
Paszek retired, Sijlsling withdrew, while both Malisse and Hampton delivered... Ramos plays today... Too bad no one here read my post yesterday and didn't notice Hampton pick.. maybe next time You'll have a look at rookie's post ;)

Re: June 17 - June 23 S-W. Hsieh (+5) against J. Hampton at 2.09 with Pinnacle Hsieh lost to Hampton last week in straight sets 2:6, 3:6. Hsieh played awful because she was ill (cold). But judged by the results of her first round double and single matches, she is recovering and playing better right now. Even if it's difficult to beat Hampton, she can put pressure on Hampton as long as she can reduce her UEs. There is much value in this handicap bet.

Re: June 17 - June 23 2pts A.Ramos V F.Verdasco - Over 22.5 games 2.00 Bet365 2pts A.Ramos to beat F.Verdasco 2.75 Bet365 These two have met twice, both last year. Verdasco won at the US Open in 4 sets and Ramos won in straight sets in the other match. Verdasco is probably a better player, generally on grass but he hasn't been performing. Last season on the grass he went out to Istomin at the Olympics whilst Malisse knocked him out of Wimbledon in the last 32 but he didn't beat anyone of any presence really and rarely played on the grass. This season, albeit on the clay he has gone out quite a few tournaments early. Ramos last season went out of Wimbledon early but he did have Federer to be fair to him. He also lost early in Eastbourne, in 3 sets to Fognini. He has gone deep on several tournaments this season though, and along the way beaten the likes of Monaco, Nishikori, & Janowicz. 2pts I.Dodig to beat M.Raonic 2.75 Bet365 2pts Over 2.5 sets 2.50 Bet365 Fancy this one to be quite close. Raonic will do his normal thing of either serving an ace or being returned and lose the point. Both of these can serve though so I expect a fair few games. Raonic hasn't played well since April, in Barcelona and I think he will see this as more of a warm-up for Wimbledon. Dodig always works pretty hard and rarely gets beat easily.

Re: June 17 - June 23 guys I have a stupid question - where can I find some decent website for stats on tennis with recent matches players on a particular player, standing etc.. I was using the records of bet365 and was working perfectly until yesterday when the government in Bulgaria banned about 20 bookies because of a new regulation and I no longer am allowed to log in bet365... thanks

Re: June 17 - June 23 Duckworth to beat Berrer 2.10 with Pinnacle (4/10 points) Duckworth's game is actually serve and volley and his record in grandslams isn't bad, Berrer retired in his last tournament match, it may have been because he wanted to conserve himself for the qualifiers. I believe Duckworth has more composure however and given his record in slams am willing to back him here.

Re: June 17 - June 23 thanks guys! Also glad to see the nice calls to continue coming :) I have only one so far - lumped over Malisse match - Under 21.5 games @ 2.32 Pinnacle After the great win yesterday I hope he will be able to cope with the high expectations and beat the not so strong lu in straight sets without much problems. Lu didn't Impress yesterday and was actually a bit shaky at some moments and I think Malisse should be able to use this as his advantage especially if he manage to perform as good as yesterday

Re: June 17 - June 23 Oh that brings me to my other pick. Lu to beat Maliise @ 3.64 and Lu +1.5 sets handicap 1.97 with Pinnacle (2/10 points and 4/10 points) However talented Malisse is on grass, it's irrelevant to me, he will always remain a headcase. That was Ferrer's first game on grass this season, Lu notably beat Andy Roddick at Wimbledon a few years back, he likes low bouncing surfaces and is crafty enough to draw Malisse into errors. I am not going to jump on the Malisse bandwagon, no chance.

Re: June 17 - June 23 2.5pts Kerber -3 to beat Makarova 2.00 Bet365 I'm not convinced by Makarova. She got beat by Erakovic on her return to the grass and then beat Puchkova and you would expect her to win both of those. Kerber is a real talent of a player and the head-2-head reads that on grass, both last year, Kerber won both of the 2 games they played on the surface. On both of those occasions Kerber covered a -3 handicap, so I'll take this.

Re: June 17 - June 23 1pt K.Edmund to beat G.Simon 6.00 Bet365 Possibly a waste of a point, but Simon isn't much of a grass courter. Last year on his first grass game he lost to 120th S.Bolleli 1-2. He then went out of Wimbledon in 2nd round (1st round he won on a RET) so his surface most definitely isn't Grass. Edmund, we don't really know too much about but he done very well to dispatch De Schepper so 5/1 seems decent.

Re: June 17 - June 23

I think Raonic will win today' date=' Dodig was poor against James Ward however he got a good win against Istomin. But I think Raonic will be eager to get a few games under his belt before Wimbledon![/quote'] Was so wrong on this, Raonic is playing some poor tennis, should of been able to beat Dodig with his talent!