** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

June 17 - June 23

Re: June 17 - June 23 1.5pts Hsun Lu to beat X.Malisse 3.50 Bet365 Lu looked like he was well up for this tournament against Vasselin and I think Malisse could well find his movement hard here. He done well on grass last year and now he has hit the ground running this year on the grass, I'll take a small wager on him winning here.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: June 17 - June 23 Scoreboard. Vasselin was so many times 40-15 break point and Lu come back everytime. He has looked a strong grass player last year. I backed Vasselin in his round 1 game because he hasn't done much on clay but it's obvious he has something on the grass courts, hence the back on this match. Long way to go yet though.

Re: June 17 - June 23

Scoreboard. Vasselin was so many times 40-15 break point and Lu come back everytime. He has looked a strong grass player last year. I backed Vasselin in his round 1 game because he hasn't done much on clay but it's obvious he has something on the grass courts' date=' hence the back on this match. Long way to go yet though.[/quote'] True, I do think the scoreboard involves making a lot of assumptions though. Never-the-less, his record on grass is brilliant and he deals with the low bounce so well. I am gonna ride him for a bit.

True' date=' I do think the scoreboard involves making a lot of assumptions though. Never-the-less, his record on grass is brilliant and he deals with the low bounce so well. I am gonna ride him for a bit.[/quote'] Do you know if he is involved in Wimbledon?

Lucie Safarova vs Samantha Stosur Safarova comes into this match having beaten stosur the last 2 times including a 7-6 7-6 win over her this year in the fed cup. In fact the last 4 sets they have played have all been tiebreaks which Safarova has won. The last 4 matches between them have had tiebreaks and both women aren't exactly setting the world on fire. Over 21.5 games and Lucie Safarova + 3.5 games both look nice bets. Over 21.5 games @ $1.90 Safarova +3.5 games @ $1.90 Both with Tab Sportsbet.
Safarova won 7-6 6-3. Was a little cautious and really should have taken 1st set correct score but a wins a win

Malisse -3 to beat Lu - Pinnacle @ 1.79 This match features Malisse ranked 60th in the world and Lu ranked 74th in the world. Malisse is a great grass court player winning 54 matches to 28 loses, a win percentage of 65.85%. Where as Lu has a much worst record of 23 wins to 27 loses, a win percentage of 46%, considerably worst than Malisse's. These two have met 3 times and Malisse has won all 3 in straight sets. Malisse also has a great record here, he has played here on 4 occasions reaching the semi final 3 times and quarter final once. Even more impressively Malisse beat the red hot favourite David Ferrer in the last round, Ferrer has been in great form and reached the final of the French Open, he was also odds of 2.62 to win here. Lu may have beat Roger Vasselin in the first round, however Vasselin certainly did not perform and seemed uninterested. He has also had alot of injury problems this year, leading to him dropping out of 2 of his last 10 matches. Lu is certainly not the greatest grass courter in the world and has played here once and got knocked out in the first round, I can not see any other result than a Malisse win after his great victory over Ferrer.
Good winner just about! 5/7 winners for the grass season!

Re: June 17 - June 23 Need to get back to winning ways consistently. 2.5pts F.Fognini to beat I.Dodig 2.75 Bet365 Head to head is 1 to 1 but Fog won this tie most recently and I'm abit surprised really on the odds. I think it may be because Dodig beat Raonic, but that's no hard task nowadays and he wasn't THAT impressive previous to that game either. Fognini isn't pulling up any trees but he has been consistent, even when he goes behind in matches, he pulls himself together. 2pts J.Hernych to beat Garcia-Lopez 2.50 Bet365 Hernych was excellent in his last game. I watched that one and he looked down and out in that second-set and still managed to bring it back and win in straight sets against Llodra. He also did this against Goffin so he is in some good form. Garcia Lopez had some good results but I think Hernych moves alot better then those players based on what I witnessed. 1.5pts J.Chardy to beat S.Wawrinka 2.75 Bet365 Both players winning both games in straight sets. Chardy not had the hardest of ties so far with Poullie and then Copil but this bets more for Wawrinka because I think when really tested he will just turn over. He is all about Wimbledon for me and if Chardy takes the first Id be surprised if he raised his game on that. 1.5pts I.Donskoy to beat Mahut 3.00 Bet365 Beating Isner after going 1-0 down and then beating Haase in straight sets is no mean feat and I think he can go on here a step further. Mahut looked good in previous round but I think Donskoy is returning brilliantly right now. The head to head alone is 1-0 to Donskoy and that was a long time ago where Dons has improved in this time. 2pts L.Safarova to beat J.Hampton 2.10 Bet365 Possibly first time I have gone against Hampton. She done very well to beat Radwanska but she struggled at times with Hseih and I think Safarova will be a whole different prospect. These 2 met before and Hampton won 2-1 but the third set went to a 9-7 tie breaker so I'm happy to ignore the winner there.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Like you tips Fader! I think Fognini is good value at those odds Hernych should win Wawrinka has looked poor so far but so has Chardy. Odds are good value again! Unsure on Donskoy v Mahut Also like your Safarova tip! I think youll have a good day tomorrow!

Re: June 17 - June 23 Malisse v Bautista-Agut - Malisse 2-0 @ Paddy Power - 1.83 This match features Malisse ranked 60th in the world and Bautista-Agut ranked 63rd in the world. I backed Malisse and he delivered (Just) Beating Lu 2 sets to 1. Lu is a decent player and a would of beat Bautista-Agut if he had got past Malisse in my opinion. Malisse also beat Ferrer in the first round in straight sets, this was a great win for Malisse over the world number 4. Bautista-Agut is a relatively inexperienced on grass, only playing 11 matches. He lost to the likes of J. Wang and Cipolla in the last two years, much worst players than Malisse. Malisse on the other hand is a very good grass court player winning 55 matches with just 28 loses. Malisse has also won 35 matches in the last 5 years to just 12 loses. Bautista-Agut has got to this round courtesy of a kind draw. He beat Bohli (#401) 2 sets to 1. Bohli has a poor grass court record of 15 wins to 18 loses and was a very weak opponent, im sure Malisse would of beat him with ease. Where as Bautista-Agut made hard work of this match winning both of his sets on tie breaks. He then faced Berlocq in the next round who again is a very poor grass court player. Berlocq has won just 4 matches to 13 loses on grass. So Bautista-Agut has yet to face a tough opponent and I think Malisse will be far to much for him. Malisse also has a great record here and will be fully focused on winning this event. He has played here on 4 occasions reaching the semi final 3 times and the quarter final once. I think he is bound to reach the semi final again and could be done in 2 sets. Before this tournament Bautista-Agut had only won 3 of his last 10 matches which shows he is in pretty poor form. I have no doubt that Malisse will win this match in straight sets today, Bautista-Agut's best surface is certainly not grass, where as Malisse is a very good grass court player.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Hernych has been the underdog in both his matches and came through to win both, saving some breakpoints along the way, and serving quite brilliantly at times I'm surprised to see him again the underdog against GGL, who is to my knowledge, more of a clay courter I would have put this match as a 50/50 so Hernych + game handicap is definitely worth taking, or indeed Hernych + 1.5 sets

Re: June 17 - June 23 Back Evgeny Donskoy to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 2/10 stake at 3.19 with Pinnacle Fancy Donskoy at this price, as Mahut still looks quite vulnerable to me no matter how decent his recent run might look like. Donskoy has all the shots to hit through the Frenchman and he has beaten him before, so I can see him continuing his great run in Hertogenbosch by beating Mahut today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/donskoy-vs-mahut-betting-evgeny-donskoy-to-continue-his-good-run-over-in-the-netherlands-20130620 Back Lucie Safarova to beat Jamie Hampton for a 2/10 stake at 2.15 with Pinnacle Hampton looked convincing against Radwanska, but I would probably have the odds the other way around here, as I think that Safarova is still the better player of the two. Coming back from two set points against Stosur will do a whole lot for her confidence and, on grass, I can see her getting her revenge for the French Open defeat. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/safarova-vs-hampton-betting-lucie-safarova-can-get-her-revenge-against-jamie-hampton-in-eastbourne-20130620

Back Lucie Safarova to beat Jamie Hampton for a 2/10 stake at 2.15 with Pinnacle Hampton looked convincing against Radwanska, but I would probably have the odds the other way around here, as I think that Safarova is still the better player of the two. Coming back from two set points against Stosur will do a whole lot for her confidence and, on grass, I can see her getting her revenge for the French Open defeat. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/safarova-vs-hampton-betting-lucie-safarova-can-get-her-revenge-against-jamie-hampton-in-eastbourne-20130620
Agree. Hampton is overvalued. She could have lost yesterday if Hsieh's serve was less disastrous.

Re: June 17 - June 23 @Britania - yeah, my thoughts were based on numbers only and I still think I was not wrong with my evaluation of Lu but my pick failed because of Malisse who was not at his best in the first set. For today I have 2 picks only - I am with you guys on Donskoy, I really think the odds should not be that high in his favour and that he can really go through if he manage to play as he did in the previous days. My 2nd pick is Navarro to win against Pironkova with odds about 1.70-1.85 with different bookies. I know some of you have her as an outright winner but to be honest she did not impress me so far and with the pressure going higher she is likely to fail as she did a lot in the last couple of months. She is in terrible form and only the fact that she has won twice so far cannot make me think that she can do this again against Navarro

Re: June 17 - June 23 Makarova to beat Wozniacki Evs Ladbrokes Markarova is a better grasscourt player than Wozniacki and in addition I expect her forceful style of play to prove too much for Woz today. She also loves this tournament and usually does well. Wozniacki has scored some good wins this week but Marakova has been highly impressive and more expected today! 10 points Makarova Evs Ladbrokes 5 points Makarova to win 2-0 23/10 SportingBet Vesnina vs Li - total Vesnina games over 9.5 10/11 BetVictor I was very unimpressed by Li's performance the other day against Cornet. I do not rate Cornet on grass at all - therefore it was surprising to see her struggling to close it out. Vessnina has scored wins over Ivanovic and Watson and reached the 4th round at Wimbledon last year. In a totally different league to Cornet on grass and I expect her to mop up those Li errors and easily cover this line. In addition I think she will win this match. 10 points win Total Vesnina games over 9.5 10/11 BetVictor 5 points win Vesnina to beat Li 5/2 Bet365

Re: June 17 - June 23 I see there've been odds dropping on Tomic and it's only @1,70 in Pinnacle now, but shouldn't he win on grass vs Simon?.. The Frenchman needed as much as two tiebreaks to finally win vs unknown Brit, while Tomic defeated much better Benneteau. Besides, I heard opinions that Simon didn't show much determination yesterday, so maybe he won't have too much problems with losing today ;) Apart of all that, grass definitely favours Tomic here and I see him winning, what do You think,guys?

Malisse v Bautista-Agut - Malisse 2-0 @ Paddy Power - 1.83 This match features Malisse ranked 60th in the world and Bautista-Agut ranked 63rd in the world. I backed Malisse and he delivered (Just) Beating Lu 2 sets to 1. Lu is a decent player and a would of beat Bautista-Agut if he had got past Malisse in my opinion. Malisse also beat Ferrer in the first round in straight sets, this was a great win for Malisse over the world number 4. Bautista-Agut is a relatively inexperienced on grass, only playing 11 matches. He lost to the likes of J. Wang and Cipolla in the last two years, much worst players than Malisse. Malisse on the other hand is a very good grass court player winning 55 matches with just 28 loses. Malisse has also won 35 matches in the last 5 years to just 12 loses. Bautista-Agut has got to this round courtesy of a kind draw. He beat Bohli (#401) 2 sets to 1. Bohli has a poor grass court record of 15 wins to 18 loses and was a very weak opponent, im sure Malisse would of beat him with ease. Where as Bautista-Agut made hard work of this match winning both of his sets on tie breaks. He then faced Berlocq in the next round who again is a very poor grass court player. Berlocq has won just 4 matches to 13 loses on grass. So Bautista-Agut has yet to face a tough opponent and I think Malisse will be far to much for him. Malisse also has a great record here and will be fully focused on winning this event. He has played here on 4 occasions reaching the semi final 3 times and the quarter final once. I think he is bound to reach the semi final again and could be done in 2 sets. Before this tournament Bautista-Agut had only won 3 of his last 10 matches which shows he is in pretty poor form. I have no doubt that Malisse will win this match in straight sets today, Bautista-Agut's best surface is certainly not grass, where as Malisse is a very good grass court player.
6/8!

Bernard Tomic vs Gilles Simon over 22.5 games 8/11 paddy power this is going to be a battle between two players who are not playing on their best surface so expect quite a few breaks of serve
I know he doesn't show it now but you do realise, or remember Tomic at the Quarter Finals of Wimbledon, taking the first set off Djokovic, in the year Djokovic won? He has said himself that grass is his best surface. Never-the-less, he's playing rubbish atm.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Back Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to beat Stanislas Wawrinka @ 4.30 >Betfair I think Wawrinka is too short here, as Garcia-Lopez is actually quite handy on grass. He made the Eastbourne final a few years ago, and he has played well during the last couple of weeks. He took a set against Malisse at Queen's, and he has made his way through his first three matches in this tournament without dropping a set. Wawrinka is also yet to lose a set this week, but each of his matches has included a tie-break and so I wouldn't say that Wawrinka is in blistering form at the moment. Although Wawrinka beat Garcia-Lopez easily when they last met on clay in Morocco, I think that on this surface it might be a more even contest.

Re: June 17 - June 23 5pts Over 21.5 games 1.90 Bet365 2.5pts J.Hampton to beat C.Wozniacki 2.37 Bet365 Take it with a pinch of salt because I can't pick my nose right now. I had Safarova in the last round and despite her serving to win in straight sets she somehow lost. This says alot about Hampton and probably tells me why I don't normally go against her. She is a fighter of the highest calibre. She has now beat Radwanska and Safarova and I think she will go well here and see it through.

Re: June 17 - June 23 Hampton to beat Wozniaki 6/4 Bet365 Still not convinced by Wozniacki but she is playing a little better now, however I feel that Hampton is hungrier and will be mentally tougher when it comes to the crunch. Wozniacki is steady and Hampton is more of an aggressor and that might be another telling factor. Also, being a warm up tournament Wozniacki might want to conserve some energy for next week. All ifs and buts I am afraid but Hampton is on a high confidence wise and will be very hard to beat. 10 points win Hampton 6/4 Bet365 5 points win Hampton 2-0 31/10 Boylesoprts