** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June 2011

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Mexico offered great football, they had numerous chances against El Salvador and won 5-0. They won 3-0 against New Zeeland, so they are on a nice trend. Cuba lost against Cost Rica 0-5 and they have played really poor. They will face a much mor ein form team that attacks in numbers. Mexico - Cuba home -3 AH @ 1.83 with >bet365

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Cost Rica won 5-0 against CUba while El Salvador lost to Mexico 0-5. Should be plenty of goals here, right? I have seriuous doubts and I doubt that Cost Rica will win here with a huge difference. Last win for COasta Rica with mor ethan 2 goals was 6 games ago, in 2008. El Salvador won 2 games against COsta Rica since then. The draw 2-2 with Honduras is saying to me that this is not a very weak team and I think if they will lose the game will be in tha margin imposed here. Cost Rica vs El Salvador pick away +2 AH @ odds 1.75 with >bet365

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Cuba v Mexico Cuba AH +2.5, +3.0 @ 2.18 I know Mexico are heavy favourites here but with such a big handicap at these odds, I feel it has to be taken. I know you can't really compare but the likes of San Marino, Faroe Islands etc this week with even longer odds for the win than Cuba in this game have managed results with a win and only losing by a couple of goals. I think that sure Mexico are a decent side who can score lots of goals against poor sides but as has been mentioned I don't feel that Cuba have really had a chance to play against sides like this recently in a proper cup competition. Who knows? I'm still expecting a Mexico win but I feel that a handicap like this could quite easily happen with Mexico needing a three goal cushion for it to lose. :hope

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June

Cuba v Mexico Cuba AH +2.5, +3.0 @ 2.18 I know Mexico are heavy favourites here but with such a big handicap at these odds, I feel it has to be taken. I know you can't really compare but the likes of San Marino, Faroe Islands etc this week with even longer odds for the win than Cuba in this game have managed results with a win and only losing by a couple of goals. I think that sure Mexico are a decent side who can score lots of goals against poor sides but as has been mentioned I don't feel that Cuba have really had a chance to play against sides like this recently in a proper cup competition. Who knows? I'm still expecting a Mexico win but I feel that a handicap like this could quite easily happen with Mexico needing a three goal cushion for it to lose. :hope
Those odds seem too good for me - could easily see a hard-working 2 goal victory for Mexico. Those odds assume that, because Mexico won their first game 5-0 and Cuba lost theirs 5-0, another one-sided game is due.

Costa Rica v El Salvador I put this bet on earlier this morning, the odds having drifted ever so slightly since then. The two team were on opposite ends of 5-0 results in their first games, Costa Rica beating Cuba, while El Salvador were beaten by Mexico. Costa Rica were helped by a very attacking display from the Cubans, which left their backline overly exposed, helping produce a score which possibly flattered the Costa Ricans somewhat. El Salvador will take heart from the fact that Cuba produced a couple of decent opportunities themselves against a somewhat inexperienced defence at International level. Conversely, El Salvador will look to a horror four minute period early in the second half against the best team in CONCACAF which ruined their night. Both teams had had chances prior to that, Mexico admittedly the better ones, but El Salvador had threatened and had kept the Mexican attack out for almost an hour. El Salvador will be facing a Costa Rican team that are no where near as good as Mexico, while Costa Rica will be facing a team that won't allow them as much space in midfield or attack as Cuba. El Salvador had beaten Costa Rica in their last two competitive meetings, though I wouldn't expect them to do it this time. However, I do feel this will be a tighter game than the odds suggest and am more than happy to take El Salvador with a +1.5 goal handicap. Costa Rica may win, but I'm hoping it won't be by any more than one goal. El Salvador AH(+1.5) @ 2.14 (Ladbrokes) - 2/10 while I'm also topping up slightly as I believe the odds are even better value now. El Salvador AH(+1.5) @ 2.31 (10Bet) - 1/10
Well Said , I agree with that and hope you win you play . I'm going in myself ... :ok

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June costa rica vs El salvador(el savador +2)evens@ william hills , small stakes, jus feel tht el salvador are facing a team who are not tht good them selfs, el savador lost to the best team in this competition few days bk, this is a diffrent game, mind u they also held them half time, im sure el savador might sneak a goal in, even tho will most likely lost, so i jus choose +2 for el sav, i hope it pays of

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I watched the match of Mexico against El Salvador and i was impressed with the second half performance by Mexico. They simply run over their opponents and since the first goal came in the question was by how many will Mexico win. Now i think that the case will be pretty much the same, as i watched the last minutes of Cuba against Costa Rica and what i saw was pretty bad tactics by Cuba and the players didn't seem ready for this kind of competition. Cuba played on Offside Trap which is the best possible way for Chicarito Hernandez to score goals and i think that in this match Mexico will win with at 6 goals. GL! Mexico - 5 (EH) William Hill @ 6.50

Costa Rica v El Salvador I put this bet on earlier this morning, the odds having drifted ever so slightly since then. The two team were on opposite ends of 5-0 results in their first games, Costa Rica beating Cuba, while El Salvador were beaten by Mexico. Costa Rica were helped by a very attacking display from the Cubans, which left their backline overly exposed, helping produce a score which possibly flattered the Costa Ricans somewhat. El Salvador will take heart from the fact that Cuba produced a couple of decent opportunities themselves against a somewhat inexperienced defence at International level. Conversely, El Salvador will look to a horror four minute period early in the second half against the best team in CONCACAF which ruined their night. Both teams had had chances prior to that, Mexico admittedly the better ones, but El Salvador had threatened and had kept the Mexican attack out for almost an hour. El Salvador will be facing a Costa Rican team that are no where near as good as Mexico, while Costa Rica will be facing a team that won't allow them as much space in midfield or attack as Cuba. El Salvador had beaten Costa Rica in their last two competitive meetings, though I wouldn't expect them to do it this time. However, I do feel this will be a tighter game than the odds suggest and am more than happy to take El Salvador with a +1.5 goal handicap. Costa Rica may win, but I'm hoping it won't be by any more than one goal. El Salvador AH(+1.5) @ 2.14 (Ladbrokes) - 2/10 while I'm also topping up slightly as I believe the odds are even better value now. El Salvador AH(+1.5) @ 2.31 (10Bet) - 1/10
I'm on Costa Rica (-1) @ 20/23 Money in the bank :nana

Cuba v Mexico Cuba AH +2.5, +3.0 @ 2.18 I know Mexico are heavy favourites here but with such a big handicap at these odds, I feel it has to be taken. I know you can't really compare but the likes of San Marino, Faroe Islands etc this week with even longer odds for the win than Cuba in this game have managed results with a win and only losing by a couple of goals. I think that sure Mexico are a decent side who can score lots of goals against poor sides but as has been mentioned I don't feel that Cuba have really had a chance to play against sides like this recently in a proper cup competition. Who knows? I'm still expecting a Mexico win but I feel that a handicap like this could quite easily happen with Mexico needing a three goal cushion for it to lose. :hope
Forgot to say, odds are with Ladbrokes and still at 2.18 if anyone else fancies it.

San Marino were about 41.00, the Faroe's nowhere near that, Bounce. On Mexico myself. Have you had a look at Costa Rica's goals against Cuba? (y'can see 'em on Youtube). Cuba looked like a pub team, they really did.

Took this bet as well, just took a different approach. I totally agree with the above comment. Good luck! No need to explain as Napoleon says it all in the above post. El Salvador +1, +1.5 at halftime @ 1.35 bet365

Sky Sports are reporting that Mexican football federation says 5 players have failed Drugs tests. Also on the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13719472.stm
The Beeb, useless, as usual. Teamtalk has a bit more info. Apparently it's something in the food over there, to do with some problems the whole country's having with food, and doesn't seem as dramatic as the Beeb's report. Interesting, though Cuba are still 26.00, so the bookies aren't too worried about Mexican morale :lol

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June MPLouis , maybe I'm wrong but I think that rain makes the field conditions unfavourable . It might not be the same as playing in perfect conditions and if conditions are not good then there should be less scoring , less scoring would make taking a + goal handicap more valuable . If you tell me weather will not be a factor here then I understand .

MPLouis ' date=' maybe I'm wrong but I think that rain makes the field conditions unfavourable . It might not be the same as playing in perfect conditions and if conditions are not good then there should be less scoring , less scoring would make taking a + goal handicap more valuable . If you tell me weather will not be a factor here then I understand .[/quote'] You might well be right but I tend to go the other way and like to play the overs in wet conditions. IMO The ball zipps around off the surface, the defensive players can make slight mistakes which can lead to goals and you also get shots that can skid of the ground and deceive the keeper. Its just a personal thing though, but if I have played the overs I am pretty happy if we get wet conditions. :ok

I think that rain makes the field conditions unfavourable. It might not be the same as playing in perfect conditions and if conditions are not good then there should be less scoring' date=' less scoring would make taking a + goal handicap more valuable.[/quote'] I thought that for a while, but I don't think it's actually born out by statistics. If anything, I've found you get more goals in wet conditions.

You might well be right but I tend to go the other way and like to play the overs in wet conditions. IMO The ball zipps around off the surface, the defensive players can make slight mistakes which can lead to goals and you also get shots that can skid of the ground and deceive the keeper. Its just a personal thing though, but if I have played the overs I am pretty happy if we get wet conditions. :ok
Thanks ... Good to hear your reason why I may be wrong ... In the mean time I am hearing on the CR news that 7 Cuban players have asked for refuge in the US . I must admit I kinda saw that coming , seems like Cubans will make a run for it anytime they get a chance . Before this tourney started some of the guys here were joking about that ...

I thought that for a while' date=' but I don't think it's actually born out by statistics. If anything, I've found you get more goals in wet conditions.[/quote'] OK , so it seems I was wrong . you are the second person to suggest more scoring . Its good to know the stats actually support overs , I will take that into consideration for future analysis . Tanks .

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Nice ... Salvador played a good 1st half . Only knock I have on them is that they play a lot of individual offense far as I can see . on various occasions there were good attacks with options to make a better play and the attacker took on 2 or three defenders .

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Good call tonight lads on the +handicaps on El Salvador, I fell into the trap of reading the racing post view on the game, bottom-line journalist concluded Costa Rica would have to go for goals tonight encase it went down to goal difference with Mexico. He forgot to mention the most important bit of information, that Ngog was Costa Rica main striker.... AKA Saborio. Will need to pay more attention to the forum.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Jamaica vs Guatemala = Guatemala +2 @ 1.53 bet365 Guatemala hasn't lost a game by more than 2 goals in their last 14 games. Their 3 most recent results are two draws and one defeat 0-2 to Venezuela. They are coming from a good result, a 0-0 with Honduras away. Meanwhile Jamaica have only played 3 games so far this year. Also losing 0-2 to Venezuela and winning 3-2 vs El Salvador and most recently beating Grenada 4-0. 4-0 is a excellent result, but how good are Grenada? They recently lost 2-0 to Panama and also lost against Saint Kits and Nevis and drew with Antigua and Barbuda in their most recent matches. In Jamaica's last 20 games they had only managed to win by more than two goals once prior to their 4-0 over Grenada and it was against Cayman islands. I think Guatemala +2 at those odds is very nice. I think the result will be very tight and could actually end in a draw. :hope