** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June 2011

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Very impressed about USA last year in the World CUp, haven't seen a game from USA this season, seen just 1 game from Canada, 0-1 in Greece. United States predicted starting XI: Howard; Cherundolo, Bocanegra, Onyewu, Bornstein, Edu, Jones, Bradley, Donovan, Dempsey, Altidore Canada predicted starting XI: Borjan; de Jong, McKenna, Hainault, Ledgerwood, Johnson, De Rosario, Hutchinson, de Guzman, Friend, Simpson USA seems a team in a crisis and they must get out of that crisis with a win. I think that they can do it tonight, but just because the lately results and also cause this is a must win game they will fail to do it as a very big win. Never say never, but I trust my words and the statistical facts: they won in the first game with -1.5 AH just very low teams like Martinique, Grenada and El Salvador. Canada is not a very weak team, they have players that are playing in Europe or at good sides from MSL. In 2009 Gold Cuop, they won a group with Costa Rica, Jamaica and El Salvador. In last 17 games they have just 3 lost games with more than 1 goal difference. In last 3 games they got just 1 defeat, 0-1 to Greece, a 1-0 in Belarus and a 2-2 with Ecuador. They have Simeon Jackson from Norwich which scored 13 times in English Championship. USA, will surely be happy with a win here, eventhough with 1-0. Since 3-1 with Australia in June last year, they haven't got a win with more than 1 goal difference. 4 defeats, 4 draws and 1 win since then! On home ground, USA won 7 times, made 7 draws and lost once. Canada won at home 11 times, made 3 draws and lost 4 times. 44 goals scored Canada overall, 43 scored USA overall. I think this bet is great and reflects what will be in just 2 hours and half. USA vs Canada pick: away +1.75 AH @ 2.04 with Canbet 10 stakes

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June

The only trouble with opposing an unknown is that they might actually be better thank you think . I saw Panama is the Copa CentroAmericano a few months ago' date=' and was quite impressed with them, but like you, I don't know anything about Guadeloupe. The assumption might be "never heard of them, so they are probably rubbish" but it's risky to bet on that basis.[/quote'] It's not that I think Guadeloupe are rubbish because I've never heard of them, as I've bet on the last couple of Gold Cups and Copa Caribbeans and made a decent amount backing Guadeloupe when they've been underrated. What I meant about them being an unknown is that they don't get a great deal of playing time together as a nation due to them not being a FIFA affiliated nation, hence not eligible for World Cup qualifiers when teams like Panama are putting in some serious game time against the bigger CONCACAF nations.

Panama v Guadeloupe I wasn't quite sure what to make of this game earlier today, but after a bit of reading up, and with quite a large odds range available for this, I think Panama are a decent bet to win this game. The Panamanian squad looks quite decent, and they've had some good results this year, coming third in the Copa Centroamericano behind traditional Central American powerhouses Costa Rica and Honduras. What's more, they're a settled side and have been playing as a team for a good while. They've got a lot of experienced players within this squad who've done well in previous Gold Cups, bowing out to the USA each time (pens in 2005 final, 1-2 in quarters in 2007 and a.e.t in 2009 quarters). Guadeloupe are a bit of an unknown, which is why I'm opposing them. They did extremely well to get to the final of the Copa Caribbean, losing to Jamaica, but they've not played together as a team since then. If I was going to back them I'd want slightly more than the 5.5 available. Panana to beat Guadeloupe @ 1.83 (Betfair) - 2/10
Result: Panama 3 Guadeloupe 2 This was a very strange game - I saw most of it. Panama were comfortably the better side, controlling possession and looking a lot more dangerous in attack. On top of that, Guadeloupe had a man sent off, but somehow after that they scored twice to make it a close result.

USA match suspended?
No, just slightly delayed kick off (US games often seem to kick off a little later than advertised - to allow TV companies to show extra adverts?). Score is 0-0 after 5 minutes.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June USA started brightly and got an early goal. Canada's goalkeeper should have done better. 1-0 first half. Canada controlling the game in the end, but not looking creative at all. USA look to be happy with the score as it is.

USA vs Canada I'll start by pointing out that The States hasn't won a game this year and have had trouble scoring goals lately being unable to score more than once in their last 5 matches. All the pressure is on USA to perform and after the 1-4 beating on the weekend confidence doesn't seem too high. Canada on the other hand have improved a lot lately, and just come from a 2-2 draw vs Ecuador. Previously they beat Belarus 0-1, won Guadalupe 1-0 and lost only 1-0 to Greece. They are yet to lose a game by more than one goal this year. I'm convinced Canada will put in a good performance tomorrow, though USA should manage to get a win. Canada +2.5 @ 1.43 bet364
Result: USA 2 Canada 0 I saw most of this game which was dominated by the USA. Canada had some possession and chances, but USA were comfortablly the better outfit in all areas, and deserved their win. I thought the 2-0 margin was about right on the balance of play.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Cuba vs MEXICO....Pick Mexico -2AH @ 1.47....Paddy P...stakes 5/10 .....got this price this morning but it quickly disappeared. I didn't see either of these teams 1st matches but I read the match reports and it seems Costa Rica were all over Cuba and were good value for the win.Mexico had a slow start but ended up blowing El Salvador away.Mexico are ranked 27th in the world and are going for their 11th straight win in this tournement against the 62nd ranked Cubans. There were 80,000 at Mexico's opener and a lot of those would have been Mexicans.Tomorrow night there should again be a sizeable crowd of Mexican fans and probably no Cuban fans. I have no team news but I'm happy to take the asian handicap at this price.I think however the value has gone now and the current prices are correct...........

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I can't say how El Salvador played against Mexico because I didn't watch. I can comment on Cuba's first-half and they categorically cannot defend. One thing to note is that they admirably/naively tried to play quite attacking football. Their D was then very unprotected and the front three Costa Rica players had an absolute laugh. That was only the first-half too, though it's safe to assume that the second was no better. It is a problem that could be improved in training if it was a one time mistake. I've never watched them before so perhaps someone else knows if they are always so reckless with their limited talent on the ball. Mexico -3 (AH) is 1.975. I'm not comfortable taking these lines but a strong Mexico line-up is very likely to have some fun against this Cuba.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Another problem I saw for Cuba after watching the game was they do not have a play maker . They moved the ball well from their 18 to the CR's 18 but once there nobody knew what to do . They could not put together a decent play to get a quality shot on goal . On numerous occasions I saw one or two Cubans on offense and about 8 Costa Ricans instde the penalty area ..

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Costa Rica AH - 1.5 @ 1.68 (Bet365) I think it's quite likely the Costa Rican's will follow on from the Cuba win, and I think 1.68 is about acceptable it'll be by two goals. Don't really think much reasoning is required here. Only thing I will add is that Costa Rica's star striker Bryan Ruiz of FC Twente has declared himself fit, and his absence only adds to how impressive their opening 5-0 victory over Cuba was.

Cuba vs MEXICO....Pick Mexico -2AH @ 1.47....Paddy P...stakes 5/10 .....got this price this morning but it quickly disappeared. I didn't see either of these teams 1st matches but I read the match reports and it seems Costa Rica were all over Cuba and were good value for the win.Mexico had a slow start but ended up blowing El Salvador away.Mexico are ranked 27th in the world and are going for their 11th straight win in this tournement against the 62nd ranked Cubans. There were 80,000 at Mexico's opener and a lot of those would have been Mexicans.Tomorrow night there should again be a sizeable crowd of Mexican fans and probably no Cuban fans. I have no team news but I'm happy to take the asian handicap at this price.I think however the value has gone now and the current prices are correct...........
Yeah, this little preview backs what you said up about the crowd. Pretty much gonna be a home match for the Mexican's. http://www.fmfstateofmind.com/2011/6/8/2214643/mexico-vs-cuba-2011-gold-cup-copa-oro-preview-charlotte-el-tri

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Cuba vs Mexico = Mexico Clean Sheet @ 1.66 bet365 I would be lying if I said I knew much about Cuba. I did, however, see them play the other day, were they conceded 5 goals and scored none. They seemed to like to get forward, leaving their very defense exposed, but they had no creativity whatsoever in attack. I don't know how they will create any chances let alone score against a pretty solid Mexican defense. Cuba haven't scored a goal in their last 5 games! Clean Sheet for Mexico looks like a gift at 1.66. BET OF THE DAY. :dude

Cuba vs Mexico = Mexico Clean Sheet @ 1.66 bet365 Cuba haven't scored a goal in their last 5 games! Clean Sheet for Mexico looks like a gift at 1.66. BET OF THE DAY. :dude
06.06.2011 Gold Costa Rica 5-0 Cuba l.gif
28.05.2011 FRL Cuba 2-1 Nicaragua w.gif
26.05.2011 FRL Cuba 1-1 Nicaragua d.gif
29.03.2011 FRL Cuba 0-2 Panama l.gif
05.12.2010 CC Grenada 0-1 Cuba
i woudl play under and asian hcp on cuba tonight. they will definitely play with much more defensive care.

Sorry about the stats. Got it wrong, I included their under 23 matches. I apologize. Anyway, Cuba hasn't scored in their last 3 games according to goal.com http://www.goal.com/en/match/58576/cuba-vs-mexico/preview
I wouldn't rely on goal.com for much dude, they are alright for general football news but I wouldn't rely on them for stats :lol..soccerway is reliable, and Cuba have scored 2 in their last 3 but they were playing against Nicaragua in two of those, as Belkin lists, and God only knows where that is! Not pretending to know more than I do but after coming off a heavy loss I would expect them to put together a better defensive display, their not going to lose every game 5-0 are they!? People who watched their first game said they poured forward and were poor at the back I wouldn't expect them to carry that on against Mexico as the coach knows they will get killed! 2-0 or 3-0 would be my guess..

Sorry about the stats. Got it wrong, I included their under 23 matches. I apologize. Anyway, Cuba hasn't scored in their last 3 games according to goal.com http://www.goal.com/en/match/58576/cuba-vs-mexico/preview
The goal.com stats miss out the two recent friendlies against Nicaragua in which Cuba scored. If you look back at Cuba's historic results with Soccerway, they have a poor record, but they do score regularly. A lot of their opponents are 'minnows' it seems, but they scored against both USA and Mexico when they played them last. So I'm not sure a 'clean sheet' at 1.6 ish is a good bet. I think a narrow Mexico win is the likely result tonight.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Sorry won't be going on goal.com for stats again, the site I usually frequent wasn't loading on my browser and I usually read goal.com for news so decided I'd check out the stats from there. My mistake. Anyway, stats aside, I saw Cuba's game and they really failed to impress me. They were shambless defensibly and had no creativity at all going forward. I can't see them scoring at all today. I'll admit I have not seen Cuba in any other matches this year, but what I saw was enough to convince me to go for Mexico Clean Sheet. I don't think Cuba will be such an offensive team against Mexico at all, they will try to defend more which is all the more convenient for me. Anyway I expect a 2-0 3-0 win much like HastG. :hope

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June i will be on a 0-0 ht score @7.8 in betfair. if you list past cuban results in wc qualifiers and other concacaf major relays you will admit they are capable for resilience. i definitely do not expect a walkover for mexico. gl

Cuba vs Mexico = Mexico Clean Sheet @ 1.66 bet365 I would be lying if I said I knew much about Cuba. I did, however, see them play the other day, were they conceded 5 goals and scored none. They seemed to like to get forward, leaving their very defense exposed, but they had no creativity whatsoever in attack. I don't know how they will create any chances let alone score against a pretty solid Mexican defense. Cuba haven't scored a goal in their last 5 games! Clean Sheet for Mexico looks like a gift at 1.66. BET OF THE DAY. :dude
Thanks,Chuck....going to join you on this one.Having read some other posts here it seemed Cuba pushed forward and couldn't even get a shot on goal against Costa Rica.If they do the same tonight are they going to get a shot on the Mexican goal?The mexicans may rest 'Little P' and Dos Santos,putting them on the bench but they played a friendly against Iceland in this stadium and 63,000 Mexicans rocked the joint.They were in the stadium hours before KO partying.It was supposed to be one of the loudest 0-0 draws ever.They will be back again tonight in force and the atmosphere should be electric. If the Cubans change tactics and go defensive then they should have even less chance of scoring.Eitherway a clean sheet looks a good option.Cuba scored against Nicaragua(ranked 157th) in two games and back in december won 1-0 at Grenada(ranked 94th).Different proposition tonight against a pumped up 'El Tri'.......

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Costa Rica v El Salvador I put this bet on earlier this morning, the odds having drifted ever so slightly since then. The two team were on opposite ends of 5-0 results in their first games, Costa Rica beating Cuba, while El Salvador were beaten by Mexico. Costa Rica were helped by a very attacking display from the Cubans, which left their backline overly exposed, helping produce a score which possibly flattered the Costa Ricans somewhat. El Salvador will take heart from the fact that Cuba produced a couple of decent opportunities themselves against a somewhat inexperienced defence at International level. Conversely, El Salvador will look to a horror four minute period early in the second half against the best team in CONCACAF which ruined their night. Both teams had had chances prior to that, Mexico admittedly the better ones, but El Salvador had threatened and had kept the Mexican attack out for almost an hour. El Salvador will be facing a Costa Rican team that are no where near as good as Mexico, while Costa Rica will be facing a team that won't allow them as much space in midfield or attack as Cuba. El Salvador had beaten Costa Rica in their last two competitive meetings, though I wouldn't expect them to do it this time. However, I do feel this will be a tighter game than the odds suggest and am more than happy to take El Salvador with a +1.5 goal handicap. Costa Rica may win, but I'm hoping it won't be by any more than one goal. El Salvador AH(+1.5) @ 2.14 (Ladbrokes) - 2/10 while I'm also topping up slightly as I believe the odds are even better value now. El Salvador AH(+1.5) @ 2.31 (10Bet) - 1/10

i will be on a 0-0 ht score @7.8 in betfair. if you list past cuban results in wc qualifiers and other concacaf major relays you will admit they are capable for resilience. i definitely do not expect a walkover for mexico. gl
The trouble for Cuba is that they haven't played any team of Mexico's calibre since the Usa in 2008.They lost 6-1 away to the States and since then they've played away to great footballing nations such as Grenada,Antigua,Suriname and Martinique......also their players play domestically and it's a huge jump for them to be playing against players who play in the top leagues in Europe as well as th MLS...........