** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June 2011

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I'm going to watch it, if I can stay awake that is. I don't know if there is slight value on Mexico. Far and away the best team in the tournament early doors but that early goal by Guetamala seemed to have shocked them, far less fluid after that. Now, I have been less than impressed with the US so far in the tournament. They look one-dimensional and uncreative and Panama showed they have some big weaknesses at the back, they really should have scored at least 3 goals in that game. However, Freddy Adu could be the answer to their problems. Altidore misses out but I don't actually think this is a bad thing. I've been reading many match previews and it seems that some of the things that the US have in favour are being a bit over-rated: home advantage is not really that in Los Angeles, the crowd will be more even IMO. As well Mexico got taken to extra time by Honduras - but they've had time to recover. From what I've seen of the US they have been conceding many chances in the tournament and now they come up against possibly the only striker anywhere near world-class in Hernandez, I think they'll be punished, but it'll be a tight game, perhaps 1-0 or 2-1.