** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June 2011

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June

Agree with the above comment on Costa Rica vs Honduras I don't know who has been more disappointing this Copa. I expected more from both sides, but I feel we will see a very tight game. Both these teams have drawn a lot lately and I think we could see a draw here. Its hard to pick a winner, but I think Honduras are the better side here. So I'll take them on a handicap. Costa Rica vs Honduras + 0.5,1.0 @ 1.44 bet365
Agreed. Take away Costa Rica's win against Cuba, and Honduras' against Grenada, and these two sides have been poor. Possibly a low-quality draw, and taking Honduras on the AH 0 may be a bit too ambitious.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Lay USA @ 1.57 (2.75) Jamaica doing really well, winning all three games, and taking that momentum in to a match against a US side that doesn't seem at it's best, I think they can at least take this to extra-time.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Lay Panama @ 1.68 (2.48) Think this will be closer than the odds suggest. El Salvador, bar the Mexico result, have done OK, putting six past Grenada and they should of beat Costa Rica. Panama won against the US, but were lucky to draw against Canada. The Salvadoran's got a 0-0 in Panama at the start of the year, and I believe they can repeat a similar result. Mexico Obviously no reasoning needed. Never usually that good at short favourite handicaps, so'll just take the straight win.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June International Soccer 2011 Overall 2W-2L-2P -0.84 units (50.00%) Honduras pick +124 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes Two pretty shitty teams , I see a draw most likely out of this. Whats it say about N. America when these two are in our QF's. The teams played earlier this year (twice) and the result was a draw and a win for Honduras. At + odds I like this even more.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June XCosta Rica v Honduras Honduras +2 goals @ 1/ Mexico win panama vs El Salvador +2 goals @ 4/11 Jamaica +2 goals @ 4/9 Accumulator (4) Win @ 1.43/1@ willimahills reason Mexico should destroy guatnamela, el savador are weak but not as weak as panama, plus they prob have more like to score than panama, but i choose 2+ jus incase, jamaica vs usa is wht im afraid of more, that why i opted for the 2+ usa are not playing good but who knows how the game might turn out tommrow, ery game is diffrent, honduras same levell as costa rica only bit better than them, but seein as im doin accumaltor and wht i think according to my bets the results will go, i choose +2 for honduras, 90 mins anything can happen and i do see honduras scorin atleast once, could be, ill be free to answer questions on my bets and ill be up for anyone disagreein with me,

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Mexico v Guatemala Can only see a decent Mexican win here, but can't find any bets to tempt me at the moment. Mexico were superb in all three group games, dispatching El Salvador and Cuba 5-0 each, and Costa Rica 4-1. Guatemala did very well to hold Honduras to a 0-0 draw in their first game, especially since they were down to 9 men. However, Jamaica were deserved 2-0 winners in their second game and the 4-0 win over Grenada was more a reflection on how poor Grenada were than how good Guatemala were. Costa Rica v Honduras Aside from the Cuban game, I thought Costa Rica were quite poor. They were very lucky to pick up a draw against El Salvador, while Mexico swept them aside in the final group game. Honduras were very unlucky not to get anything in their first game despite dominating against Guatemala, while a 7-1 win over Grenada was to be expected. The 0-1 loss to Jamaica looks poor on paper, but if you consider that had Honduras got anything from that game and topped the group, they would have been facing the USA in this round. I think Honduras are overpriced in this game and am very happy to take the 3.50 on offer at Bwin! Honduras to beat Costa Rica @ 3.50 (Bwin) - 2/10

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June International Soccer 2011 Overall 2W-2L-3P -0.84 units (50.00%) USA/Jamaica Under 2.5 (-115) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Honestly I think Jamaica gives a hell of a run. USA looks completely out of shame and cant seem to finish anything. I see a 1-0, or a 1-1 type game at the end of 90 minutes. Since 2001, USA has played Jamaica 6 times. Just 2 of those games have had more then 2 goals. The ones that did not go over, all ended in draws.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I would like to think the US is going to get bet up that way I can might get a better price on Jamaica (might be wishful thinking) . I will take the Reggae Boys at some point today because I believe they play really tough and show a lot of heart and their goal keeper seems really good when tested . As some of you said also the US does not look very hot right now . Seems I waited too long , yesterday I could have played +1-115 now its +1-130 I will heve to do it now . Don't think this line is going to move back ...

Agree with the above comment on Costa Rica vs Honduras I don't know who has been more disappointing this Copa. I expected more from both sides, but I feel we will see a very tight game. Both these teams have drawn a lot lately and I think we could see a draw here. Its hard to pick a winner, but I think Honduras are the better side here. So I'll take them on a handicap. Costa Rica vs Honduras + 0.5,1.0 @ 1.44 bet365
:cheers

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I think its been said already several times, but I think USA is being seriously overrated by the bookies. Jamaica haven't conceded a goal, winning all of their games. They seem solid defensibly, meanwhile the States really lacks creativity. Their 1-0 win this week came from a long range effort, they failed to convert another against a already eliminated team. USA looked hopeless against Panama, and I think they were lucky against Canada to win 2-0. I think USA are favorites here, but not by much. I'm expecting a tight game. Jamaica vs USA = Jamaica +1.5 @ 1.5 bet365 I also like the odds on El Salvador vs Panama. Last time these two teams met we witnessed a 0-0. Both teams are fairly equal I would say. Panama did well to beat the states, but they were very lucky against Canada. Meanwhile El Salvador drew 2-2 with Honduras in this Cup and recently 1-1 with Costa Rica in a friendly. Both those teams I would say are superior to Panama. I'm expecting another tight affair in this game. Panama vs El Salvador = El Salvador +1.5 @ 1.5 bet365

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June agree with chuck, lets hope we can celebrate inthe end of night, il be tempting to put another bet on us and jamaica game, plus 1 jamaica as well, jamaica seem pretty good, lets hope usa dont show up again and jamaica dont let the preasure get to em,

I think its been said already several times, but I think USA is being seriously overrated by the bookies. Jamaica haven't conceded a goal, winning all of their games. They seem solid defensibly, meanwhile the States really lacks creativity. Their 1-0 win this week came from a long range effort, they failed to convert another against a already eliminated team. USA looked hopeless against Panama, and I think they were lucky against Canada to win 2-0. I think USA are favorites here, but not by much. I'm expecting a tight game. Jamaica vs USA = Jamaica +1.5 @ 1.5 bet365 I also like the odds on El Salvador vs Panama. Last time these two teams met we witnessed a 0-0. Both teams are fairly equal I would say. Panama did well to beat the states, but they were very lucky against Canada. Meanwhile El Salvador drew 2-2 with Honduras in this Cup and recently 1-1 with Costa Rica in a friendly. Both those teams I would say are superior to Panama. I'm expecting another tight affair in this game. Panama vs El Salvador = El Salvador +1.5 @ 1.5 bet365
:beer:nana Really happy right now, I had really high stakes on my Handicap on El Salvador. Could not be more pleased at the moment. Lost my bet on USA though. I would say USA were lucky again. Once Jamaica went 1-0 down, with 10 on the pitch the states was always going to score another.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June USA vs. Panama USA -1 -140 I like USA tonight. The first time they played Panama, I think their defense was really lacking organization. Howard seems to have gotten everyone in line against Jamaica and the USA should keep a clean sheet tonight. USA has had many opportunities against Guadaloupe and Jamaica and should put some home. Mexico vs. Honduras Mexico -1.5 -105 Mexico because their offense has been really good lately. Honduras is playing well but won't be able to keep up with Mexico's constant attack. Look for a close first half, but Mexico will pull away. GL

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I think USA have been dull, unimaginative and overrated this Cup. They failed to impress in the group stage with an arguably somewhat lucky win over Canada, who I thought deserved more an awful display vs Panama and a dull 1-0 vs Guatemala. Lets not forget the States goal which opened the game up vs Jamaica came off a deflection. Panama has been in good form this Cup. Winning two and drawing two. The States has only managed to win 8 games in their last 24. The last time they won by more than 2 goals was in 2009. All that to say I expect the states to reach the final, they are definitely the better team, but it wont be a walk in the park, and I think there is good value on a Panama Handicap. United States vs Panama = Panama +1.5,2 @ 1.5 bet365

I think USA have been dull, unimaginative and overrated this Cup. They failed to impress in the group stage with an arguably somewhat lucky win over Canada, who I thought deserved more an awful display vs Panama and a dull 1-0 vs Guatemala. Lets not forget the States goal which opened the game up vs Jamaica came off a deflection. Panama has been in good form this Cup. Winning two and drawing two. The States has only managed to win 8 games in their last 24. The last time they won by more than 2 goals was in 2009. All that to say I expect the states to reach the final, they are definitely the better team, but it wont be a walk in the park, and I think there is good value on a Panama Handicap. United States vs Panama = Panama +1.5,2 @ 1.5 bet365
im on this too, where on bet365 is the section for tht bet, there too many diffrent type ah on tht match

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I don't trust the US here today , I think the US won vs Jamaica because Jamaica played a terrible game and were not strong enough psychologically to get back in the game , then the lost a man on a phantom foul called ant that did them in . I believe also that panama will be feeling ocnfident after beating them once and will be in the game till the end ...panama +1 2.34 @ pinny , I just felt like taking plus money and still win with a draw after 90mins instead of 1.72 at +1.5 ... Best Of Luck .

Don't expect the refs to do any favors for Panama or Honduras tonight. Everyone is hoping for a Mexico vs US final.
You are right , I didn't think of that . However its tough to consider those things when trying to cap a game . I guess we just have to live with it if that is the case , to bad if the refs are unfair though ...

I think USA have been dull, unimaginative and overrated this Cup. They failed to impress in the group stage with an arguably somewhat lucky win over Canada, who I thought deserved more an awful display vs Panama and a dull 1-0 vs Guatemala. Lets not forget the States goal which opened the game up vs Jamaica came off a deflection. Panama has been in good form this Cup. Winning two and drawing two. The States has only managed to win 8 games in their last 24. The last time they won by more than 2 goals was in 2009. All that to say I expect the states to reach the final, they are definitely the better team, but it wont be a walk in the park, and I think there is good value on a Panama Handicap. United States vs Panama = Panama +1.5,2 @ 1.5 bet365
Bet won:beer

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Congrats to all the winners . I hurt myself because of going after + money . Push anyways .... Now wonder if Hunduras can knock one in tonight ; because I played some over 2.5 and some over 3 at better odds . Must admit I'm going just on the Mexicans' style of play in on this one ...BOL

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June USA vs Mexico under 2.5 @ 1.67 (bwin) USA have looked jaded from what I've seen of them this tournament, but they've managed to grind out the results and they haven't conceded many. Their games have been mainly unders whilst Mexico- who have been more impressive- have had mainly overs games so far, but with the US having home advantage I fancy a tight game here, a typical final where both sides are reluctant to commit too many men forward. 7/10 of the last Gold Cup finals have gone under, as have 5/8 of the last meetings between these two. The last Gold Cup final finished 5-0 to Mexico against the USA; I didn't watch that game but I don't think this means this year's final has any more reason to be a thrashing for either side or a high scoring encounter. An early goal and I could be wrong, but the odds are in favour of unders when you look at historical trends, both in Gold Cup finals and finals generally.