** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June 2011

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June

Not really sure where you're coming from with this, Alex? The US will play for a win, regardless of what happens in the Canada game, as they're at home and, with every respect, playing Guadeloupe, a team I'd never even heard of before this tournament. I doubt they'll win big, as it isn't really the US's style, but then again we've seen some pretty dire performances in the Gold Cup this year, and I'm not certain Guatemala are as big a lock as you appear to think ;) Good luck with your bet anyway, mate.
As I mentioned before, USA might even play for a win, but if they do not have to, why take the chances? And besides, playing at home has made no difference at all as they lost to Panama (I'm pretty sure your heard about the country but never about their football team, so...). They'll probably win by one goal and I'll still be happy... To understand what I said to Ash about Guatemala, you have to read my posts about last night's game. We made a lot of money with the 4-0. That's what I was talking about... Contextualizing is everything ;) GL to you too...

As I mentioned before, USA might even play for a win, but if they do not have to, why take the chances? And besides, playing at home has made no difference at all as they lost to Panama (I'm pretty sure your heard about the country but never about their football team, so...). They'll probably win by one goal and I'll still be happy... To understand what I said to Ash about Guatemala, you have to read my posts about last night's game. We made a lot of money with the 4-0. That's what I was talking about... Contextualizing is everything ;) GL to you too...
have to agree with alex, USA need to play v goood to make this high scoreing win for them, and they couldnt even score 1 against the unknown team, so tht is saying something, plus the usa players seems less motivated here, i do belive they will play better than there other matches but i dont belive it be rapefest like last night

have to agree with alex' date=' USA need to play v goood to make this high scoreing win for them, and they couldnt even score 1 against the unknown team, so tht is saying something, plus the usa players seems less motivated here, i do belive they will play better than there other matches but i dont belive it be rapefest like last night[/quote'] rapefest...:lol:lol:lol And as i said, the bet is already made....during live you can shift it to usa -2, -3, whatever...this is a no loss bet if well combined live on the second game....I love when they don't have decisive games at the same time!! :ok

Asian Handicap' date=' mate. EH is English, obviously.[/quote'] It's actually European handicap, obviously. :ok Bob Bradley is a truly inept coach, individual performances by the likes of Dempsey and Donovan will be relied upon for the win... I think it's pretty obvious that Guadeloupe will be playing for a 0-0, and with USA's penchant for low-scoring games, perhaps the 4/1 on offer at WH for draw HT / USA FT is worth a punt. I'll be giving it a few £ anyway, and then playing the game I/P like normal.

If Canada lose or draw with Panama, USA do not have to win their game to move on. Just a simple draw and this is it.
i dont think that the earlier game will influence USA-Guadeloupe that strong. a draw is enough for the US team to move on no matter what. Obviously they dont want to finish 3rd in the group to avoid QF against Mexico but win by any margin will do it for them to finish 1st or 2nd in the group. Imho USA will be more concerned to redeem themselves for the embarrasing performance vs Panama than about group standings. Obviously Guadeloupe depends on the other result cause they still have a shot to move on if Panama wins earlier, but i doubt they will come near to a victory tonight anyway.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Guadeloupe +3 -110 I'm on the general consensus that the USA will win a defensive match. We've seen how sparatic and chaotic the USA can play sometimes. We don't know which team will show up, and they've yet to demonstrate the skills of Mexico in terms of goal scoring. Guadeloupe will look to keep it close and although an American clean sheet should occur, Guadeloupe could get one by as they've looked ok on the attack. Good Luck

i dont think that the earlier game will influence USA-Guadeloupe that strong. a draw is enough for the US team to move on no matter what.
This is not true, mate...If Canada win the game, USA will have to win theirs, no matter what...The goal difference will decide ;)

This is not true' date=' mate...If Canada win the game, USA will have to win theirs, no matter what...The goal difference will decide ;)[/quote'] not with 2 3rd placed team advancing to the knockout stage in this tournament i believe. but like i said, this isnt an attractive option for US team cause of the bracket, so they will go for the win certainly

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June I'm going for a handicap on Guadalupe. States don't necessarily need to win this one, though they should. No time for further explanation, as everything has been said already, but I can't see the States scoring more than 3. Usa vs Guadalupe = Guadalupe +3.5 @ 1.6 bet365

I'm going for a handicap on Guadalupe. States don't necessarily need to win this one, though they should. No time for further explanation, as everything has been said already, but I can't see the States scoring more than 3. Usa vs Guadalupe = Guadalupe +3.5 @ 1.6 bet365
Easy moneey:cheers

Some interesting points here about tonight's games. First of all, my only early bet was : Guadeloupe + 2.5 @ 2.47 Reasoning: USA and Guadeloupe will play after Canada and Panama, ie, they will know exactly what they'll have to do in order to classify. If Canada lose or draw with Panama, USA do not have to win their game to move on. Just a simple draw and this is it. In any case of Canada's victory, USA will only need the same margin of goals -1. Summing it up, USA will only need a 3 goal victory if Canada beat Panama by 4 or more goals, which I really doubt. To make it even more exciting, Guadaloupe played fairly well and hopefully will experience no red cards tonight. After the first game, everybody will know exactly what to do concerning the bets for the second game. My tip is: if we have a clear scenario by 75 minutes of the first game, run and make your bet on the second game, before the bookies make up their minds. Tonight, gents, it will be even easier than last night with Guatemala to make loads of cash. :nana:nana
Gentlemen: please cash your checks!!! :clap:clap

Yeah' date=' taken the Panama one, but the price had dropped to 1.80, maybe because I posted the price earlier :unsure[/quote'] Ninetieth minute equaliser feels like a win on that one :D Well done all US opposers :clap Edit: Just saw the insane Demspey miss. Think the betting gods were smiling on you boys last night :lol

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Jamaica ML +450 vs. USA Just saw some moneylines bets put up. Thinking about taking Jamaica as the US has looked disappointing in the games thus far. Jamaica has kept a clean sheet in every game and look to upset a slightly overrated US team. I feel like the books tend to give the US way too much credit knowing the dead money will be on us. Overall i think it looks like good value. I am also thinking of El Salvador +425 against Panama.

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Looks fairly cut-and-dried, at first glance. Honduras haven't looked too bad, whereas Costa Rica have underwhelmed. Mexico obviously on a handicap, -2, at least. Jamaica, playing well, on a handicap against the struggling US. Panama and El Salvador probably the hardest to call, but the value surely has to be on El Salvador, at such large odds.

Can we have a bit of analysis/reasoning please ash? On a general note, can everyone make sure they've had a read of Spooner's thread here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f8/quality-posts-comments-during-matches-117968/ Ta muchly. :ok
sorry i will give valid reason once williamhills put the markets up for all those matches, so fat they only got outrights,

Honduras is the play . Better team than CR and I just heard on the CR news that Bryan Ruiz will not play and has not even been practicing ... I will take draw no bet Honduras ' date=' If I can find +.5 oven better ...[/quote'] Now they are saying he "might" play . has not practiced yet though . His knee is not feeling right ..

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup: 5-25 June Agree with the above comment on Costa Rica vs Honduras I don't know who has been more disappointing this Copa. I expected more from both sides, but I feel we will see a very tight game. Both these teams have drawn a lot lately and I think we could see a draw here. Its hard to pick a winner, but I think Honduras are the better side here. So I'll take them on a handicap. Costa Rica vs Honduras + 0.5,1.0 @ 1.44 bet365